What's left for Trump?..........
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:38:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  What's left for Trump?..........
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What's left for Trump?..........  (Read 1705 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 02, 2016, 08:48:12 PM »

With the women's, black, Asian, Hispanic vote seemingly going heavily for Hillary, just what is left for Donald, the red neck vote?
swf541

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 08:49:13 PM »

White non educated
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 08:58:37 PM »

Ryan's vote.
Roemerista
MQuinn
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 5.91

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2016, 09:00:39 PM »

Even less. First, its white non educated men, and of them there are still the ones with the integrity, intelligence, and basic human decency that precludes Trump support.
EliteLX
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.64, S: 0.85

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 09:05:51 PM »
« Edited: June 02, 2016, 09:09:17 PM by EliteLX »

In all fairness, what's left for Trump is maxing out the white vote, the DINO vote, blacks, independents, and a lot of people who have never cared to vote before. That's uh.. a lot of potential cast ballots.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2016, 09:07:56 PM »

His wife and kids will vote for him, if they get there in time.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2016, 09:08:24 PM »

Trump will vote for himself.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2016, 09:17:06 PM »

Donald Trump has no constituency other than the Republican Party's core.  It's why he will lose in a landslide, perhaps even a massive one.  Hillary's FP speech today really just reinforces that this won't be a close race.
EliteLX
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2016, 09:38:06 PM »

Donald Trump has no constituency other than the Republican Party's core.  It's why he will lose in a landslide, perhaps even a massive one.  Hillary's FP speech today really just reinforces that this won't be a close race.

You are going to be very, very surprised I believe.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2016, 09:42:00 PM »

Don't underestimate the number of people in this country who don't use their brains (if they have one) when they vote. Trump is counting on people voting based on how they feel, and that's a large demographic, unfortunately.
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2016, 10:53:59 PM »

Trump will win white women and white college graduates. Just like republicans do in every non landslide election. Can we please stop with the "republicans are just uneducated white men" thing? This website is people who love election data yet you all seem to forget that white men AND women and especially wealthy whites are the base of the Republican Party, not hillbillies. Trump just has special appeal to those folks he isn't gonna cause republicans to stop being the party of the upper middle class.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2016, 11:03:18 PM »

Trump will win white women and white college graduates. Just like republicans do in every non landslide election. Can we please stop with the "republicans are just uneducated white men" thing? This website is people who love election data yet you all seem to forget that white men AND women and especially wealthy whites are the base of the Republican Party, not hillbillies. Trump just has special appeal to those folks he isn't gonna cause republicans to stop being the party of the upper middle class.

I am a white person with a graduate degree and will never vote for Trump. I know many other white people with graduate/professional degrees and have yet to encounter a single one intending to vote for Trump. (The conservative ones seem to be casting protest votes for Johnson or abstaining, and I know a couple of conservative women who intend to vote for Hillary.)

How could any educated person vote for someone like Donald Trump? The man is running to be president and does not know what the Nuclear Triad is, does not know what the term "Brexit" means, does not even have an Econ 101-level understanding of what a trade deficit is, and wants to give nuclear weapons to at least three countries that do not currently have them.

And why do you want to share a party with a bunch of ignorant, bigoted, hateful, resentful Trump supporters?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2016, 11:16:46 AM »

The Republican Party could nominate a dog turd for president and it would still get 45% of the vote.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2016, 11:30:17 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Same. Teacher. Republican. Cruz Supporter, #NeverTrump. Not the only one either.
Angrie

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2016, 11:37:10 AM »

With the women's, black, Asian, Hispanic vote seemingly going heavily for Hillary, just what is left for Donald, the red neck vote?

White voters are a majority of the electorate. While losing minorities by large amounts makes it difficult for Trump to win, it doesn't make it impossible. The bigger problem is his unpopularity among women in particular. He needs to find a way to turn that around, but it is hard to see how he is likely to do that without completely reinventing himself. He needs to limit his losses among women overall, come close or win with white women, and max out white men.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2016, 11:48:50 AM »

In all fairness, what's left for Trump is maxing out the white vote, the DINO vote, blacks, independents, and a lot of people who have never cared to vote before. That's uh.. a lot of potential cast ballots.

You still think he is going to get black votes. Cute. Black people are smarter than that but of course Republicans might not agree.
EliteLX
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2016, 01:19:14 PM »

You still think he is going to get black votes. Cute. Black people are smarter than that but of course Republicans might not agree.

I meant he would build on Mitt Romney's numbers.

Don't even begin to lecture me on underestimating black intelligence, your party craves the concept of affirmative action lol.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2016, 01:29:47 PM »

Don't even begin to lecture me on underestimating black intelligence, your party craves the concept of affirmative action lol.

I'm not a Democrat lol. I was hoping to vote Republican this year since I want tax reform and entitlement reform. But no, you idiots had to nominate a fascist. Also, I don't support affirmative action lol.
Wiz in Wis

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2016, 01:30:38 PM »

You do know that the very popular among African Americans current African American President will be vigorously campaigning against Trump, right?
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2016, 02:01:47 PM »

The Republican Party could nominate a dog turd for president and it would still get 45% of the vote.

The democrats are and they'll end up with atleast 45% too Tongue
skoods
United States

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2016, 02:09:49 PM »

Basically, he'll pursue the groups that voted for Romney and, thereafter, try to gain 5-6% with Hispanics, 2-3% with Blacks, and 2-3% with Asians.

He's not looking to win minorities; with them, he just needs to go from "really really bad" to just "really bad."

How the heck is Trump going to gain any percentage on Romney w/ Hispanics? He's going to lose them by a HISTORIC margin.

At this point, I assume that anyone voting for Trump is incredibly uneducated or doesn't care about anyone but themselves.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2016, 02:19:54 PM »

What's left for trump, you ask ?
He needs to change his slogan to read as ....

Make America White Again.
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2016, 03:11:30 PM »

Basically, he'll pursue the groups that voted for Romney and, thereafter, try to gain 5-6% with Hispanics, 2-3% with Blacks, and 2-3% with Asians.

He's not looking to win minorities; with them, he just needs to go from "really really bad" to just "really bad."

How the heck is Trump going to gain any percentage on Romney w/ Hispanics? He's going to lose them by a HISTORIC margin.

At this point, I assume that anyone voting for Trump is incredibly uneducated or doesn't care about anyone but themselves.

I'm not sure about that. Romney's 27% was one of the lowest for a GOP in a while; usually, they get around 30-35%.

The notion that anti-illegal immigration talk will drive away Hispanics is wrong. Polls show that many Hispanic voters don't consider this issue as important as others (i.e. economy); and even when the GOP nominated pro-amnesty candidates (e.g. McCain, Bush 41, Reagan), they have still lost more than 60% of Hispanics. If illegal-immigration was everything, then McCain, Bush 41, and Reagan wouldn't have done so poorly.

You're focusing too much on individual policies. There's a reason that Asians have flipped much more towards the Democrats over the last few elections even though the GOP was arguably pursuing policies that were more pro-Asian than those pushed by Democrats like ending affirmative action, tax decreases for disproportionately wealthy Asians, and pro-family values legislation.

The idea is that, ignoring policies, the GOP has shown implicitly through rhetoric, campaign tactics, and behavior in office that what it ACTUALLY represents is the pro-white people party. That the reason the GOP pursues things like ending affirmative action is NOT because of a belief in meritocracy, but instead that we just want to maintain "white privilege." That being against illegal immigration isn't because of a belief in sovereignty or in the importance of maintaining the law, but in keeping "the browns" out. That Republicans are anti-muslim not because of terrorism but because of them being non-white.

Donald Trump has done more to confirm this view than ever. Even if you're of Hispanic descent and are anti-immigration, it's still very easy to see Trump as against you personally. His frequent attacks on Hispanic judges and politicians as well as continuous disparaging remarks towards Mexicans and other Hispanic people makes it really really REALLY hard to see how any Hispanic who wasn't inclined to vote for Romney will now switch over to someone who is one half-step away from coming out as anti-you and everyone like you.

This is why it's such a damn shame that this primary turned out the way it did. This was our chance to show we walked the walk of conservatism; that it wasn't a race thing but a genuine pursuit of policies we think will benefit everyone, including Hispanics. Instead the party chose someone who gives weight to the Democrat's most vicious screeds on our motives. Such a waste of an election.
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2016, 03:28:27 PM »

Susana Martinez's vote.

Then we can start calling him President Supreme God Overload Leader Trump
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2016, 04:52:00 PM »

I'm not sure about that. Romney's 27% was one of the lowest for a GOP in a while; usually, they get around 30-35%.

The notion that anti-illegal immigration talk will drive away Hispanics is wrong. Polls show that many Hispanic voters don't consider this issue as important as others (i.e. economy); and even when the GOP nominated pro-amnesty candidates (e.g. McCain, Bush 41, Reagan), they have still lost more than 60% of Hispanics. If illegal-immigration was everything, then McCain, Bush 41, and Reagan wouldn't have done so poorly.

Republicans need to understand this about more than just illegal immigration. If this was merely about illegal immigration, protesters would not be acting violently towards Trump supporters.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies