CLINTON EVISCERATES TRUMP
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:50:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  CLINTON EVISCERATES TRUMP
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: CLINTON EVISCERATES TRUMP  (Read 5131 times)
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: June 03, 2016, 04:21:07 PM »

This scripted speech delivered by a career politician surrounded by teleprompter screens will no doubt be the silver bullet that kills Trump's campaign!

That's not the point.  The point is that she unleashed the "fear" card, which is the most powerful card in politics, with brutal effectiveness.  There aren't many election cycles in which contenders can use it, but when they can, landslides are born.  Massive ones.
skoods
United States

« Reply #76 on: June 03, 2016, 05:19:16 PM »

This scripted speech delivered by a career politician surrounded by teleprompter screens will no doubt be the silver bullet that kills Trump's campaign!

My guess is that trump could take a machine gun and shoot up a room filled with blind women and children holding newborn puppies and people like you would cheer him on the entire way.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #77 on: June 03, 2016, 05:27:24 PM »

My guess is that trump could take a machine gun and shoot up a room filled with blind women and children holding newborn puppies and people like you would cheer him on the entire way.

well you see, some of those women may have been planning to make drugs out of skittles and iced tea. totally justified!
Orthogonian Society Treasurer
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix
E: 0.32, S: 4.78

P
« Reply #78 on: June 03, 2016, 05:27:53 PM »

That's not the point.  The point is that she unleashed the "fear" card, which is the most powerful card in politics, with brutal effectiveness.  There aren't many election cycles in which contenders can use it, but when they can, landslides are born.  Massive ones.

Americans are already afraid. They're afraid of what will happen to their nation if forced to endure another four years of pen-and-phone top-down liberalism.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #79 on: June 03, 2016, 06:05:27 PM »

Americans are already afraid. They're afraid of what will happen to their nation if forced to endure another four years of pen-and-phone top-down liberalism.

Knowing Trump, pen-and-phone liberalism will be replaced by lawsuit-and-prison conservatism.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #80 on: June 03, 2016, 07:38:49 PM »

You forget that some Americans aren't straight white males.
Gabagool102
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #81 on: June 03, 2016, 07:55:47 PM »

YOUR FU*CKING A WHITE MALE! YOUR A WHITE MAN

Can liberals stop with this white cis male meme.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #82 on: June 03, 2016, 09:26:51 PM »

The majority of this speech in a nutshell: "Hey! At least I'm not that crazy guy, Trump!"
Seriously though, still can't stand her and her center-right talking points. Worst nominees in a generation.

And that's why the speech was a success. It takes for granted that TrumpMiller is, "that crazy guy". Everyone listening to it who isn't already a party of the Trump-cult is going to come away with not the idea, but the unquestioned certainty that "Trump is a crazy guy". (And not funny-crazy, but scary-crazy.)

Two months of successfully defining Trump as "that crazy guy" and this election will be over.

The thing is, at this point people are becoming tone deaf. They probably are no longer listening to anything bad said about Trump. They just hear and see what they want to hear and see. I and I'm sure many others don't listen to anything said negatively about Hillary any longer because we've already heard it all to last a lifetime. Our minds are already made up who to vote for.

Those who are interested, sure. That includes people like all of us posting here, and people showing up at Trump or Clinton rallies. But I don't think that's the majority of voters. While this primary season has been a little higher-profile than normal, thanks to the presence of an insane Nazi reality-show actor, a great many voters don't start paying attention until summer is over.

If Clinton can have the collective subconscious repeating "Trump is that crazy guy" by then, Trump is truly (and deservedly) toast.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #83 on: June 03, 2016, 09:27:53 PM »

I've told you before. If you are so concerned about your handicap, the surgery is easy these days.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #84 on: June 03, 2016, 09:30:44 PM »

Please. TrumpMiller is lying about his gun collection, too. We all know it. He couldn't operate a machine gun if his ability spin bullsh**t depended on it.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #85 on: June 03, 2016, 09:38:44 PM »
« Edited: June 03, 2016, 09:45:04 PM by HagridOfTheDeep »

That's not the point.  The point is that she unleashed the "fear" card, which is the most powerful card in politics, with brutal effectiveness.  There aren't many election cycles in which contenders can use it, but when they can, landslides are born.  Massive ones.

Straight white males mostly do not understand oppression. As such, they often feel like they are the ones who are being oppressed when they are simply being asked to shed their privilege so that others might have an equal shot in life. So no, I will not stop.

And no, I am not a liberal. I just understand that it is actually possible for certain candidates and political parties to embarrassingly disqualify themselves from contention/legitimacy, and that when this happens I am no longer required to keep parroting the bullsh-t of the sinking ship.

I will be happy to support Republicans when they disavow all bigotry wholesale. They have gone running in the opposite direction.
Dutch Conservative
jwhueting
Rookie
Netherlands

« Reply #86 on: June 05, 2016, 07:24:52 AM »

Interesting, can you give an example?

Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #87 on: June 05, 2016, 07:35:46 AM »
« Edited: June 05, 2016, 08:02:47 AM by Runeghost »

That's not the point.  The point is that she unleashed the "fear" card, which is the most powerful card in politics, with brutal effectiveness.  There aren't many election cycles in which contenders can use it, but when they can, landslides are born.  Massive ones.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revolving_Door_%28advertisement%29
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #88 on: June 05, 2016, 07:39:28 AM »

Straight white males mostly do not understand oppression. As such, they often feel like they are the ones who are being oppressed when they are simply being asked to shed their privilege so that others might have an equal shot in life. So no, I will not stop.

That is just a fashionable belief based no part in reality, truth or fact.

Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #89 on: June 05, 2016, 10:10:01 AM »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revolving_Door_%28advertisement%29

Also https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daisy_(advertisement)
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #90 on: June 05, 2016, 10:34:43 AM »

Forgive me for not putting much stock in someone who posted with misogynistic signatures for months on end.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #91 on: June 05, 2016, 10:53:44 AM »

Forgive me for not putting much stock in someone who posted with misogynistic signatures for months on end.

I thought Hagrid's comment was very well put. It's absolutely true, but many whites simply cannot see it that way. And that's their problem.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #92 on: June 05, 2016, 11:03:15 AM »

Goldwater vs Johnson is the canonical answer with Barry Goldwater being portrayed as a deranged maniac who would literally destroy the world for no reason other than ideological mania. Some of Reagan's victories also exploited such a narrative.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #93 on: June 05, 2016, 12:51:41 PM »

It's pretty funny how Trump's candidacy works as a strong selection mechanism, in which sane Republicans won't support him and deranged idiots do.

It becomes evident in a thread like this where none of the Trump supporters so far has listed a single substantial rebuttal to the speech and are just lobbing insults.
Dutch Conservative
jwhueting
Rookie
Netherlands

« Reply #94 on: June 05, 2016, 01:10:44 PM »

Goldwater vs Johnson is the canonical answer with Barry Goldwater being portrayed as a deranged maniac who would literally destroy the world for no reason other than ideological mania. Some of Reagan's victories also exploited such a narrative.

Thanx, im learning. But isn't the opposite also true? That a positive message of hope can bring a landslide victory? Im thinking of 1932, 1980 and 2008. And in 2008 the fear-argument didn't really work (Obama as an inexperienced senator).

I think its not so much fear or hope, but change that brings landslide victories.

(sorry we're getting offtopic)
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #95 on: June 05, 2016, 01:35:09 PM »

With Hillary eviscerating Trump the other day, and with her today declaring that after Tuesday's primaries she is going to focus on pushing for unity:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I am hoping that people start to see her as the leader she really is. Neither Trump nor Bernie come close to her in that regard.

It's going to take "mom" to unite the family. That's how it works the majority of the time anyway. ;-)

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/05/politics/hillary-clinton-bernie-sanders-democratic-unity/index.html
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #96 on: June 05, 2016, 01:39:35 PM »

Well in those cases the fear of an incoming administration was compounded by a incumbent governments that had well and truly screwed up. The Obama administration hasn't been perfect, but polling suggests that Americans aren't outright contemptuous of the incumbents as they were in those three situations.

Most people's attitude towards change are complicated. It takes real crises for people to really go against the grain when the actual voting occurs (look at your country for one, and last elections' last minute resurgence of Labour at the expense of SP). What FDR, Reagan and Obama shared (but Trump, Michael Foot and Goldwater don't) is that their "change" was a participative process. True, there were enemies, but they emphasised a "happy" change. Maybe naive - but it works. Trump's change is not based on anything so sunny or conciliatory.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #97 on: June 05, 2016, 01:40:19 PM »

With Hillary eviscerating Trump the other day, and with her today declaring that after Tuesday's primaries she is going to focus on pushing for unity:

I am hoping that people start to see her as the leader she really is. Neither Trump nor Bernie come close to her in that regard.

It's going to take "mom" to unite the family. That's how it works the majority of the time anyway. ;-)

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/05/politics/hillary-clinton-bernie-sanders-democratic-unity/index.html

God I hope the maternal narrative isn't used. That would be really cringey, at a Mayawati level.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #98 on: June 05, 2016, 01:46:08 PM »

God I hope the maternal narrative isn't used. That would be really cringey, at a Mayawati level.

Hillary is not using it, but I do. I like the "feel" of "mom" (just a figure of speech) getting some attention now after all the years of being relegated to behind the scenes in politics.
SNJ1985
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.19, S: 7.57

« Reply #99 on: June 05, 2016, 04:09:40 PM »

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Kafkatrapping

Also, disagreeing with your ideas doesn't automatically mean that someone doesn't understand them.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies