Trump: Trump University judge's heritage an "absolute conflict of interest"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:50:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump: Trump University judge's heritage an "absolute conflict of interest"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Trump: Trump University judge's heritage an "absolute conflict of interest"  (Read 3016 times)
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 02, 2016, 09:42:58 PM »

I thought Trump's wall was meant to keep out bad people, not Mexicans as a whole. Why should this be a problem?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/06/trump-mexican-judge/485429/
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/282068-trump-says-judges-ethnicity-is-a-conflict-of-interest
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 09:55:50 PM »

Will Trump get 15% of Latinos in November?  Inquiring minds want to know!
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 10:00:16 PM »

Every time Trump supporters attempt (while still failing to sustain) an argument for Trump's vitriolic rhetoric towards Hispanics, he just comes up with some other way to make their position that much more difficult to defend. Of course, they don't care about what actually stems from the argumentation, as they have already self-reasoned enough with it and don't really care about the fundamental problems of such a candidacy.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2016, 10:07:07 PM »

There is something very wrong with you if a judge just BEING of a certain race counts as a conflict of interest.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 10:34:53 PM »

Face it, Trump is a

B I G O T
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2016, 10:42:29 PM »

There is something very wrong with you if a judge just BEING of a certain race counts as a conflict of interest.
john cage bubblegum

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -6.96

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2016, 10:48:41 PM »

It's crystal clear that Trump wasn't just using bigotry for attention and to appeal to Republican base voters, he's just a flat out bigot himself.  It's embarrassing that he is the nominee for one of this country's major parties in 2016.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2016, 10:56:22 PM »

Everyone sees the Racism here.

What's even more dangerous is that this shows that a President Trump would bully, race-bait (or something similar), and taint in the eyes of his followers anyone who tries to hold him legally accountable or say he can't do things. In short, he really would act like a dictator.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2016, 11:00:47 PM »

Well, at least Trump himself has recognized that he is not merely an "anti-illegal immigrant", nor even "anti-immigrant", but, at a minimum, anti-Mexican.
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2016, 11:02:06 PM »

Trump: make America WHITE again.
indietraveler

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2016, 11:12:52 PM »

Wait, I thought Trump had a great relationship with the Latino community. They're great, great people who will all vote for Trump.

Surprise, surprise the GOP nominee man child makes blanket statements about a race and then is now hiding behind his previous comments in the name of "conflict of interest."
RightBehind
AlwaysBernie

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2016, 11:17:51 PM »
« Edited: June 02, 2016, 11:22:34 PM by RightBehind »

I don't know what to say anymore.

Imagine having a gridlock Congress or being at a standstill with another world leader.

As I've posted on here before, November is more than just a presidential election, it's an intellectual exercise among voters.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2016, 11:19:40 PM »

, no matter how he tries to dress it up. 

Which he is not.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2016, 11:25:14 PM »

At this point a blue avatar means you support what Donald Trump is doing and saying here. Time to make choices.
RightBehind
AlwaysBernie

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2016, 11:27:45 PM »

Tell me more again, Trump, about how much you hate political correctness.
RightBehind
AlwaysBernie

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2016, 11:32:10 PM »

Imagine having a gridlock Congress or being at a standstill with another world leader.

As I've posted on here before, November is more than just a presidential election, it's an intellectual exercise among voters.

On this note, I'm most concerned that he would just look the other way while local officials in e.g. Arizona or Kansas basically enact Jim Crow against Latinos.

Hopefully even Republican federal judges would have the sense to strike it down.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2016, 11:35:37 PM »

On this note, I'm most concerned that he would just look the other way while local officials in e.g. Arizona or Kansas basically enact Jim Crow against Latinos.

Hopefully even Republican federal judges would have the sense to strike it down.

You hope. Hope is not enough.
RightBehind
AlwaysBernie

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2016, 11:39:01 PM »

A Republican judge jailed Kim Davis. There is hope.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2016, 11:40:25 PM »
« Edited: June 02, 2016, 11:42:09 PM by ag »

He did not have President Trump in office, extalling his popular mandate.

And after a few years these would not be Republican judges: these would be Trumpist judges.
RightBehind
AlwaysBernie

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2016, 11:43:54 PM »

And after a few years these would not be Republican judges: these would be Trumpist judges.

Which scares me who he might appoint.

Can you imagine Supreme Court Justice Roy Moore? I hope not, but what am I supposed to think anymore? It's like dystopia has come to America.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2016, 11:44:57 PM »

Can you imagine Supreme Court Justice Roy Moore? I hope not, but what am I supposed to think anymore? It's like dystopia has come to America.

It would not be Roy Moore. It would be a lot worse.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2016, 11:51:37 PM »

The issue won't be Trump picking judges. the issue will be when his True Believers start filtering up the ranks of state governments and start pushing through their own judges.
RightBehind
AlwaysBernie

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2016, 11:55:53 PM »

It would not be Roy Moore. It would be a lot worse.

There always is someone worse, even though Moore is the poster child for legislating from the bench and being an activist judge.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2016, 12:37:30 AM »

This sounds like the kind of thing someone of fascist autocratic heritage like Herr Drumpf would say.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2016, 02:19:57 AM »

This story is absolutely incredible.
I can not believe so many people voted for this ASSH**E !
How embarrassing is this to our nation ? There are other world leaders laughing at us right now.

PS: I don't think a single trump supporter has commented in this thread yet.
They ALL know they look like idiots right now.
But come tomorrow ..... they will still support him .... and just pretend this never happened.
Pure denial and deflection.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies