Republicans for Hillary safe space
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:34:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Republicans for Hillary safe space
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Republicans for Hillary safe space  (Read 3131 times)
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2016, 01:27:43 PM »

Odds are Hillary is just pandering on TPP. She'll dodge the question in the general, then support it after taking office.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2016, 01:56:15 PM »

Odds are Hillary is just pandering on TPP. She'll dodge the question in the general, then support it after taking office.

That's what I believe.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2016, 06:46:21 PM »

K. like I said, this is a safe space.
LMAO

And like I explained to you, there are only two people who have a chance at being President.
Nah, only one.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2016, 07:21:50 PM »

He does have a point. Hillary is obviously not a conservative, but it's fairly clear that tons of conservatives support Trump based off partisan hackery and little/nothing else. To the extent he even has a consistent ideology, it's basically confined to just being anti-trade, which is supposedly anathema the GOP.

I'm not supporting Trump, though. I'm not voting for either major candidate. I tried explaining this to Green Line yesterday but it ended with him calling random republican posters "fake republicans."

I have a ton of friends, who I obviously respect, who work/volunteer/intern for Hillary's campaign, and I really think it's ridiculous to call me a party hack like he has implied because I don't agree with him.

I'll let him get back to his pity party now.

#NeverHillary #DumpTrump

And like I explained to you, there are only two people who have a chance at being President.  By not voting for Hillary, you are supporting Trump
In before "The lesser of two evils"

Yes, she is the lesser evil. Am I understanding your point?

kcguy
Romania

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2016, 09:36:56 AM »

And like I explained to you, there are only two people who have a chance at being President.  By not voting for Hillary, you are supporting Trump

What about people who live in safe states?

I'm currently toying with the idea of voting for Gary Johnson in November.
1.  I voted Libertarian for President once before, when I couldn't stand either of the two main candidates, and that was in a competitive state.
2.  I respect Gary Johnson at least as much as I do either of this year's two main candidates.
3.  I respect Gary Johnson at least as much as any other candidate the Libertarian Party has ever put out there.
4.  I live in Kansas.  It's not just a "safe" state, but a safe state with at least two underlines.  If I lived in even a "strongly leaning" state like Missouri, I'd probably just suck it up and vote for Clinton.
5.  The Kansas Democratic Party will likely never be a threat to Kansas Republicans.  On the other hand, a vote for Gary Johnson would be a vote for a stronger Kansas Libertarian Party, which might actually mess with Kansas Republicans, because Kansas Republicans messing deserve it.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2016, 12:15:03 PM »

Stop this nonsense and jump on the Trump train!

Hillary can only bring misery.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2016, 02:17:31 PM »

I'm in a competitive state (an intensely competitive state), and I've decided to vote for Johnson. While I do prefer Hillary to Trump, my conclusion based off polling is that she will win without my vote and that I don't have to soil my hands by marking the ballot for her. Johnson is far and away the most palatable choice of the three.

Again, if it looks like both the nation and Ohio are competitive on Election Day, I would probably end up voting in this fashion. But if Hillary maintains her consistent lead in Florida, then there's nothing to worry about.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2016, 02:51:25 PM »

I'm in a competitive state (an intensely competitive state), and I've decided to vote for Johnson. While I do prefer Hillary to Trump, my conclusion based off polling is that she will win without my vote and that I don't have to soil my hands by marking the ballot for her. Johnson is far and away the most palatable choice of the three.

Again, if it looks like both the nation and Ohio are competitive on Election Day, I would probably end up voting in this fashion. But if Hillary maintains her consistent lead in Florida, then there's nothing to worry about.

Even if he were polling at 30% there'd still be lots to worry about by virtue of the fact that he's a candidate and still has a chance.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2016, 04:02:42 PM »

I will be voting for Johnson because he is closest to my views and is MUCH more palatable than Hillald Crump.

And I'm Floridian lol.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2016, 04:18:59 PM »

I will be voting for Johnson because he is closest to my views and is MUCH more palatable than Hillald Crump.

And I'm Floridian lol.

You of all people should be concerned about President Trump.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2016, 04:20:54 PM »

And I'm Floridian lol.

Doesn't mean I can be bullied into voting for Hillary. Trump isn't gonna win Florida, he's already done too much damage among Hispanics to win the state.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2016, 06:19:53 PM »

And I'm Floridian lol.

Doesn't mean I can be bullied into voting for Hillary. Trump isn't gonna win Florida, he's already done too much damage among Hispanics to win the state.

Bullied? Weren't you supporting her of your own volition a few weeks ago?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2016, 06:21:19 PM »

And I'm Floridian lol.

Let's not forget ShadowAbyss was once the forum's foremost Never Trump Republican.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2016, 06:21:43 PM »

As if Republicans needed any more evidence that Trump is dangerous, read this!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/chapman/ct-hillary-clinton-foreign-policy-trump-perspec-0605-md-20160603-column.html
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2016, 06:23:41 PM »
« Edited: June 05, 2016, 07:53:48 PM by Green Line »

And I'm Floridian lol.

Let's not forget ShadowAbyss was once the forum's foremost Never Trump Republican.

Trump even brought ShadowAbyss to heel.  If he was truly #nevertrump, he wouldn't be voting for Johnson.

NEVER MEANS NEVER
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2016, 07:45:38 PM »

And I'm Floridian lol.

Trump even brought ShadowAbyss to heel.  If he was truly #nevertrump, we wouldn't be voting for Johnson.

NEVER MEANS NEVER

Of course he did. Come November, you all will be voting for Trump.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2016, 07:58:29 PM »

And I'm Floridian lol.

Trump even brought ShadowAbyss to heel.  If he was truly #nevertrump, he wouldn't be voting for Johnson.

NEVER MEANS NEVER

I'm still NEVERTRUMP. Just because I don't vote for Hillary doesn't mean I support TRUMP.

Want to bet on that?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2016, 09:01:32 PM »

And I'm Floridian lol.

Trump even brought ShadowAbyss to heel.  If he was truly #nevertrump, he wouldn't be voting for Johnson.

NEVER MEANS NEVER

I'm still NEVERTRUMP. Just because I don't vote for Hillary doesn't mean I support TRUMP.

Want to bet on that?

In that case, my bad.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2016, 09:45:39 PM »

He does have a point. Hillary is obviously not a conservative, but it's fairly clear that tons of conservatives support Trump based off partisan hackery and little/nothing else. To the extent he even has a consistent ideology, it's basically confined to just being anti-trade, which is supposedly anathema the GOP.

I'm not supporting Trump, though. I'm not voting for either major candidate. I tried explaining this to Green Line yesterday but it ended with him calling random republican posters "fake republicans."

I have a ton of friends, who I obviously respect, who work/volunteer/intern for Hillary's campaign, and I really think it's ridiculous to call me a party hack like he has implied because I don't agree with him.

#NeverHillary #DumpTrump

That's a cop out. A safe is not "safe" until all the votes are counted.

If Trump wins in Washington, the election is already lost for Hillary.

Whatever, RINO!

Great ing comeback.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2016, 09:50:19 PM »

#NeverHillary #DumpTrump

That's a cop out. A safe is not "safe" until all the votes are counted.

If Trump wins in Washington, the election is already lost for Hillary.

Whatever, RINO!

Great ing comeback.

Lazy answers deserve lazy responses.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2016, 11:31:05 PM »

And I'm Floridian lol.

Trump even brought ShadowAbyss to heel.  If he was truly #nevertrump, he wouldn't be voting for Johnson.

NEVER MEANS NEVER

But (and this, unfortunately, was always one of #NeverTrump's weaknesses) "never" is not a positive statement in support of any other candidate. Voting Hillary/Johnson/Stein/anyone else/not voting at all are all perfectly valid expressions of NeverTrumpism. You can be #NeverTrump without voting for Hillary (as I, for instance, intend to do).
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2016, 11:41:30 PM »

And I'm Floridian lol.

NEVER MEANS NEVER

But (and this, unfortunately, was always one of #NeverTrump's weaknesses) "never" is not a positive statement in support of any other candidate. Voting Hillary/Johnson/Stein/anyone else/not voting at all are all perfectly valid expressions of NeverTrumpism. You can be #NeverTrump without voting for Hillary (as I, for instance, intend to do).

If you vote for Johnson, while Trump carries Ohio, you did you part to help elect Donald J Trump. The most secure #NeverTrump vote is for Hillary.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2016, 01:44:26 PM »

This is the most beta thread ever.

(I was going to have an actual response to this nonsense, but w/e; at work)
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2016, 10:53:14 AM »

Some of the Republicans that are criticizing Green Line for voting for Clinton are the same that threatened during the primaries to vote for her if Trump was the nominee.

At least he is following through on the promise, unlike feckless defectors who are complacent in Trump's hijacking of the Grand Old Party.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2016, 02:02:32 PM »

Some of the Republicans that are criticizing Green Line for voting for Clinton are the same that threatened during the primaries to vote for her if Trump was the nominee.

At least he is following through on the promise, unlike feckless defectors who are complacent in Trump's hijacking of the Grand Old Party.

Just like the Vichy French, the Vichy Republicans are going to have their moment in the sun for only a brief period until they are exiled from the party when Trump loses this November.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies