June 2016 Federalist Convention - Lincoln, Nebraska (Leadership Elections)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:09:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  June 2016 Federalist Convention - Lincoln, Nebraska (Leadership Elections)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: June 2016 Federalist Convention - Lincoln, Nebraska (Leadership Elections)  (Read 7989 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 04, 2016, 01:26:26 AM »
« edited: September 24, 2016, 10:53:34 PM by Eternal Senator North Carolina Yankee »

WELCOME TO NEBRASKA, FEDERALISTS!!!
A Party Built with Self-Sustaining Freedom!!!

Convention Delegates:
South Judicial Overlord NC Yankee - Chairman
Senator Leinad - Vice Chairman
Senator Altsomn Jay Stmarken - Party Secretary
Fmr IDS Speaker/Citizen Ben Kenobi
Fmr. Senator Goldwater
NE Governor RGN08
South Legislator Pingvin99 - South Regional Chair
Fmr. Senator JCL
Game Moderator Enduro
Secretary of State Classic Conservative
Pacific Governor TedBessell - Pacific Regional Chair
Midwest Governor Tmthforu94 - Midwest Regional Chair
Senator ClarkKent - NE Regional Chair
South Speaker Haslam2020

Using 3rd Constitution Offices since technically they are still in effect.

Schedule:
June 04th-June 06th Delegate Sign-in
June 06th-June 09th Bylaw and Platform Amendment Offer Period
June 09th-June 12th Consolidated Vote on Bylaw and Platform Amendments
June 12th-June 15th Speeches
June 20th-June 24th Leaderhip Elections
June 24th-June 28th Selecting Next Convention City
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2016, 01:27:15 AM »

X South Judicial Overlord NC Yankee
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2016, 01:28:43 AM »

X Senator Leinad
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2016, 01:34:05 AM »
« Edited: June 04, 2016, 01:37:55 AM by IDS Ex-Speaker Ben Kenobi »

x Ben Kenobi
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2016, 01:36:09 AM »

x Goldwater
Former Lincoln Assemblyman & Lt. Gov. RGN
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix
E: 2.31, S: 4.47

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2016, 01:43:05 AM »

x Governor RGN
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2016, 02:15:19 AM »

x Pingvin
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2016, 02:52:03 AM »

X-JCL
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2016, 07:28:47 AM »

X Enduro
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2016, 08:32:47 AM »

X Classic Conservative
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2016, 09:28:22 AM »

x tedbessell
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2016, 09:34:04 AM »

x tmthforu94
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2016, 09:49:14 AM »

x ClarkKent
Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2016, 12:45:31 PM »

x Haslam2020
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2016, 11:03:20 PM »

x Altsomn Jay Stmarken
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2016, 02:22:38 AM »
« Edited: June 07, 2016, 02:49:26 AM by Eternal Senator North Carolina Yankee »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkekqVPIc2M

Song dies down and massive applause starts as Chairman Yankee approaches the microphone.

I can just listen to that all day!

applause continues

HOW ARE WE DOING OUT HERE TONIGHT?!!!!  WOW!!!

I realize more delegates are continuing to arrive. Let me ask you, should we wait for them?

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I thought so, well they can keep coming and take their seats. We have to get started, it takes a lot of work to end 16 months of Labor dominating the Executive Branch!

Crowed bursts into applause again

We have to get to work!

As many of you know Atlasia is entering a new era, and as much as anybody the Federalists have been an equal author in that future. On of our newest members, Secretary of State Classic Conservative took the lead in starting the convention and members new and old were at the forefront in the convention, demanding reform while insisting on preserving regions, preserving freedom and decentralizing power and authority back to the local level. Did we work with others, you betcha and that is the key to our strength. We have always worked well with and cooperated with others who shared our values and our vision.

Our Party believes in the the strength of the individual, and we believe in competition instead of monopoly. We believe in decentralization, not stifling concentration of power. We believe in checks on unlimited power and we believe in holding officials accountable for their actions. We believe in a game that welcomes all to participate in a constructive fashion and seeks to give the newest members an opportunity to rise up and become leaders with the full support of older, more experienced members, who are just as vital. This is in contrast to some old folks who either intentionally or unintentionally seem to want to use their experience and knowledge the make the game unplayable for newer folks.

Our country, our game is built on new people bringing in their ideas and their ambitions and powering the game's future. The Federalist Party's record on this stretches back to its founding and no one can match our committment to Atlasia's equivalent of immigration. That of welcoming both new and old members desiring to play the game on a constructive basis and opposing the actions of rogue actors who make the game unplayable for all but the select and elite few.

I appreciate the contributions Labor has made to saving the game and the coming to reality that Adam Griffin has had watching his former allies (yes, these were his allies for years in some case) turn against Atlasia and seek its permenant destruction. There was no way for the game to survive without a pro-Atlasia left. However, that doesn't change the fact that Labor has been in the White House for a ridiculous 4 terms and several times the Party as avoided facing the wrath of its voters for not once, but twice in one year plunging this country into despair, because of the political contigencies of the moment or Adam's personal appeal beyond his party.  

In this coming election, Atlasia will have a choice. Between continuing the strangehold on the administration of the country by a party who has long since gone stale, or a bold, exciting and vibrant ticket and that combines youthful energy with solid experience. One that will offer a solid plan to address our most pressing economic issues while at the same time ensuring party competition, restoring dynamism to the game and allowing for both sides of the game to renergize and reinvigorate themselves. It is only by doing so that the reforms made will prove to be a success.

It is our mission, our strategic objective, not just to passively support Leinad/Lumine, but to to unite in full force. But to bring to the fore the full strength of Libertarianism, Conservativism and Moderation. But to daily, actively and energetically engage, organize and grow our support.

I encourage all right leaning Atlasians, be they Federalist, Civic Renewal, Democratic-Republican, independent, third Party or even some Laborites to ask themselves three questions. Does monolitic control of the executive branch, best serve this game in a new era? Does continuing to elect Labor Presidents advance our shared vision for the nation and the game? Do petty squabbles and minor differences justify crippling competion for the highest office in the land just as we are writing a new chapter in Atlasia's history?

If you answered yes to even just one of these critical questions, then I urge you to join with us. State you desires, state your concerns, let us address them together and let us go forward as one united front to finally bring an end to this era of Labor domination at the executive level! It is time for new energy, it is time for new ideas, it is time for a new direction, and it is time for a real change.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2016, 05:33:53 PM »

X PiT (The Physicist)
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2016, 06:48:19 PM »

Hello, Nebraska! It's great to be here at the Federalist convention. This is the party that supports a common sense agenda of limited, responsible government and personal freedom--the most sustainable system of governance there is--and the party that supports cooperation with others, and a friendly, active environment to encourage the game's growth.

This is a tremendous chance for us to get a head start for the Federalist Party in this new era of Atlasia, to set the tone in policy. While the old era of Atlasia was known for leftist ideals, the new era can be known by our ideals. But only if we stay unified, campaign hard for this election, and turn out to VOTE!

If I'm President, I will stand for the rights of the individual to live their lives how they want, and oppose statism and collectivism. If I'm President, I will support policies to foster economic growth, raise wages, and get people back to work--not through government, but through the free market. If I'm President, I will be a friend of the regions, opposing federal overreach and supporting the mechanisms in place to retain the regions as the vital building blocks of our great Union.

If I'm President, the Federal Government will be, in addition to responsible and limited, active and effective. If I'm President, there will be cooperation and compromise in order to get things done, but I will never rubber stamp something I disagree with. We will go back to an Atlasia of lively debate over the issues, and competitive elections.

This is the ticket that can unify The Right Triangle--libertarians, conservatives, and moderates--and finally beat Labor. I ask you to join this effort, to help us win this election! As Henry David Thoreau said: "cast your whole vote, not a strip of paper merely"--or, in this case, a forum post--"but your whole influence."

Thank you!
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2016, 05:02:47 PM »

/Walks out on convention.

"We are walking out because we see no indication that the Leinad/Lumine regime has any respect for regional rights and the rights of children and their families to be protected. He's willing to sacrifice their safety to play the politics of gender identity and appeasing those who will not support him in the end.

I, and others here in the glorious state of Texas, cannot and will not support a nominee who supports such things. I will be tossing my support to the Laborite ticket.

Why? Because honesty goes a long way. Labor may be a bunch of unprincipled ***holes but at least you know what they will stand behind and support every election. And frankly, I'm tired of being lied to and told, "my vote counts."
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2016, 05:22:15 PM »

"We are walking out because we see no indication that the Leinad/Lumine regime has any respect for regional rights and the rights of children and their families to be protected. He's willing to sacrifice their safety to play the politics of gender identity and appeasing those who will not support him in the end.

I, and others here in the glorious state of Texas, cannot and will not support a nominee who supports such things. I will be tossing my support to the Laborite ticket.

Why? Because honesty goes a long way. Labor may be a bunch of unprincipled ***holes but at least you know what they will stand behind and support every election. And frankly, I'm tired of being lied to and told, "my vote counts."

*Ambassador JCL walks over*

Labor supports letting "transgendered" individuals to choose which bathroom they go into. Their policies are antithetical to what we in the conservative part of the right triangle believe much more than whatever disagreement we may have with Leinad/Lumine. Reconsider what you're about to do
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2016, 05:29:41 PM »

Honorable JCL, If Leinad had thought before spouting Labor's position word for word, I would be glad to stay and help the party.

If I wanted to vote for Labor's position word for word, I would have voted for them. I haven't moved an inch and I'm tired of being a member of a party that pays lip service to what I believe in.

What's the last social conservative bill that actually got passed? Anywhere in Atlasia? When's the last time NC Yankee passed anything social conservative? All we see is Labor and Labor on this issue.

In short, I want to see some meat and potatoes on the platform. I was happy to step aside and be that dutiful supporter. But it gets tiresome to see Leinad quote from the Labor platform instead of ours. So now I'm going to be blunt.

You want my vote? Put something, officially, in public, in the damn platform. And stick by it. I don't believe this party has the guts to do something like that. They might piss off Duke or somebody who's more important.

Anyways, I thank you for all your support both particularly and personally. But public repudiation of conservative ideals requires public repentence.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2016, 05:30:06 PM »

Seriously? The hill you are willing to die on is restrooms? FFS. In that case, good riddance.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2016, 05:34:31 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Yes, the safety and security of women in their own restroom is that important. I'm tired of the long, slow, slide of the federalists into the oblivion that is Labor.

The better question is if you have such antipathy to conservativism, what are you doing in the Federalist party, Goldwater?
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2016, 05:41:25 PM »

Yes, the safety and security of women in their own restroom is that important. I'm tired of the long, slow, slide of the federalists into the oblivion that is Labor.

The better question is if you have such antipathy to conservativism, what are you doing in the Federalist party, Goldwater?

Frankly, you're just plain delusional if you think people using the restroom of the gender they identify with poses a threat to anybody. As for why I'm a Federalist, it's becasue I don't think transphobia is a requirement for being considered conservative, unlike you apparently.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2016, 05:45:49 PM »
« Edited: June 10, 2016, 05:47:20 PM by IDS Ex-Speaker Ben Kenobi »

I could quote Labor word for word and they would say the exact same thing as you, Goldwater. That is my point. This is about the safety of women in their own bathrooms. Why should a girl, or a woman have men in their bathrooms?

I have no issue with having a separate bathroom for those who don't want to use the mens or the womans. But I totally oppose the proposal to let men inside the woman's bathrooms. I have a family and they are all totally opposed to this - to the point that the women in my family will patronize a business solely on how they run their bathrooms. They refuse to use any business that has caved on this issue, which makes for an interesting time when we go to town and have to find the right bathrooms.

The *right* ones of course being the ones that are women only.

What am I supposed to tell them Goldwater? That they are 'bigoted' for choosing to value their safety and privacy over the latest push? It never ends. Tomorrow you'll be championing Labor's newest toy.

And you'll probably be calling me delusional too. Why, Goldwater, would you support what Labor supports.  Do you get shouted down by the leader of the party for coming out in support of market based fiscal conservativism? If not, why not?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies