June 2016 Federalist Convention - Lincoln, Nebraska (Leadership Elections)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:39:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  June 2016 Federalist Convention - Lincoln, Nebraska (Leadership Elections)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: June 2016 Federalist Convention - Lincoln, Nebraska (Leadership Elections)  (Read 7905 times)
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: September 21, 2016, 10:24:02 PM »
« edited: September 22, 2016, 08:57:45 PM by President Leinad »

Sorry, dfw, but Classic must really oppose you as Chair.

I'll open the nomination period for the leadership elections. After that I'll rework the platform to address the things I mentioned.

A 48-hour declaration period is now open for the offices of Chair and Vice-Chair
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #101 on: September 21, 2016, 10:36:20 PM »

I nominate Tmthforu94 for Chair of the Federalist Party
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #102 on: September 21, 2016, 10:37:06 PM »

I nominate President Leinad for Chair, though I would also accept Senator Tmth.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #103 on: September 21, 2016, 10:37:39 PM »

Also shush Tongue You know he was talking about the other thing
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #104 on: September 21, 2016, 11:06:09 PM »

Declaring my candidacy for Vice Chair.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #105 on: September 21, 2016, 11:08:41 PM »

Based on various conversations in IRC, I have come to know Santander as a racist quasi-fascist who supports ethnic cleansing and a ...morally dubious at best understanding of consent. I can no longer in good conscience support such a vile individual, and as such I motion to expel Santander from the Federalist Party.

The plot thickens!
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #106 on: September 22, 2016, 03:38:36 PM »

Also declaring my candidacy for Vice-Chair
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #107 on: September 22, 2016, 03:48:36 PM »

Running for both positions? If you win, you'll have to clone yourself.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #108 on: September 22, 2016, 03:53:43 PM »

Running for both positions? If you win, you'll have to clone yourself.
Whoops I don't think I made my intentions too clear. I'm not running for chair anymore as I've nominated Tmth, I believe he would do a better job in that position than I would. Instead, I'm running for vice-chair, best of luck Mr. Enduro!
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #109 on: September 22, 2016, 03:55:01 PM »

I nominate dfw for vice-chair and second the nomination of tmth for chair.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #110 on: September 22, 2016, 06:44:53 PM »

I fully support my good friends tmth and dfw for chair and vice chair.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #111 on: September 22, 2016, 08:13:23 PM »

Thank you for the nominations - I accept.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #112 on: September 22, 2016, 09:03:06 PM »

I respectfully decline the nomination for Chair, but nominate myself for Chair of Vices (technically called Vice-Chair, but who's keeping score?).
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #113 on: September 22, 2016, 10:23:03 PM »

I respectfully withdraw from the Vice Chair race and nominate Leinad to be Vice Chair of the Federalist Party.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #114 on: September 22, 2016, 10:31:14 PM »

I respectfully withdraw from the Vice Chair race and nominate Leinad to be Vice Chair of the Federalist Party.

I'm gonna do the same.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #115 on: September 23, 2016, 02:47:57 AM »

Same old song, same old tune. It seems like the very thing that makes it possible for me to even be on here at all, is crippling my functional abilities beyond comprehension. And it is making me depressed, because there is litterally nothing I can do anymore that I enjoy.

I am tired of my life being dominated by a job I detest, forcing any and all other things both on here and off of here to the side. I go until I pass out and I have nothing, no one and no plausible way out.

I made a critical miscalculation back in late July after my leave. I relied too heavily on a filtered overview of events provided to me on chat and not enough on the site as whole. This made me detached from events on the ground and dependent on the partial, incomplete and potentially even biased information I was receiving. When college started back up for so many people, their availability changed and mine did not (to the extent that it did made the situation worse) making it impossible for us to get on at the same time. I didn't connect the dots fast enough, but this should have pushed me back towards a realistic approach rather than trying to run things at arms length.

Two weeks ago, things came to a head, when critical decisions had to be made and lacking knowledge on the ground and lacking my usually group of consultants, I became thoroughly stressed out to an unhealthy extent. As a reasult, I missed a handful of opportunities to get on, only to find that such procrastination proved devastating since subsequent opportunities didn't materialize. It didn't help that this occured against the backdrop of another injury at work and also losing my own internet access over the past weekend and early part of this week.

Prior to about mid August, I was pursuing a more hands off approach generally both because I wanted to give Leinad the room to govern as President and didn't want to undermine him the way that Griffin so often did so with his Presidents. One big mistake was not discussing in June how that relationship between the White house and the Party would function. Soon after, it became clear that delegating leadership to Leinad was counterproductive, precisely for the reason I mistakenly desired go that route in the first place, that is the need for him to act independently for the good of the country, which sometimes created divisions. My concern was the correct one, the answer was the complete opposite of what it should have been though and that is my mistake not Leinad's.

Irregardless of that, the main problem here stemmed from my work and a string of incredibly bad luck. Keeing with that vein, I am running out of time and energy fast tonight and though I have yet to make a firm decision. I am going to declare at least tentatively for chairman as the chances of me discussing the matter, and then getting on and posting before the deadline are rather slim.   
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #116 on: September 23, 2016, 04:24:30 AM »

Due to the return of North Carolina Yankee and the continuous flex of new candidates, I motion to suspend the Federalist Chair and Vice Chair election until all of this can be resolved.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #117 on: September 23, 2016, 02:56:39 PM »

If Yankee is able to make a return and be active, I have full confidence in his abilities and would happily defer to him.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #118 on: September 24, 2016, 10:46:43 PM »

I am hereby rescinding Leinad's authorization to administer this convention.

Nothing against Leinad, but I have come to realize that people are indeed correct and that I have been far too passive, far too laid back and far too mellow.

It is time I reintroduce this forum to the Yankee of old. The audacious son of a bitch, who never takes no for an answer and who refuses to stop until the opposition's guts are hanging from the trees. Crazy Yankee, is back!

Now for a little bit of truth.

Contrary to popular false narratives, I actually did everything in my power to avert the loss in August. I was on the Monday before (I can prove this) and the Sunday of the election (I can prove this also). Most of the less active members were contacted, and as the election came down we lost by one vote. It is true that I did have to work a six day schedule over election weekend, but I managed to be present on Sunday thanks to a work related injury (Lord works in Mysterious Ways). However, no one had any detailed counts available. Thankfully Santander did his best to provide us with a count but it was done using the wrong counting method and had to be redone at the last minute. It also didn't have down ballot preferences and therefore last minute votes were cast with a clear eye of how that vote would interact with the rest of the field. This is not Santander's fault, but more experienced member's could have filled this gap that I had made a point to reference the week prior. Lesson for the wise, power of suggestion is worthless. It is probably necessary to be more direct.

So what did I do next.

The day after (not two weeks or a month later, the next morning), I wrote an autopsy with a detailed list of things to do to avoid that result in October. Most of our active members have seen it. If anyone has not and would like to, I will fix that problem. I had the schedule all along, and we are now ahead of schedule on most every count. These schedules have also been shown to most active members. If any member would like to see this autopsy or the implementation schedule, I will make it available. That being said, there is one area that is fast coming up that will require mass involvement and that is candidates for the People's House. If you are interested in running please let me, President Leinad and Senator Tmthforu94 know as soon as possible.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #119 on: September 24, 2016, 10:53:05 PM »

I am seeing the withdrawals of Senator Tmthforu94 from the Chairman race, dfwlibertylover for Vice Chair, and Enduro for Vice Chair.

The election will therefore commence immediately.

Chairman:
(  ) North Carolina Yankee

Vice Chairman:
(  ) Leinad

This election will last for 72 hours and is open to all Federalist Party Members.

As soon as this is over with I will move to adjorn this convention at reconvene at a specified city on September 30th, 2016. I realize this is not the normal process, and if anyone objects to the city they can object to the motion within a reasonable time frame (24 hours probably).

This will be the October 2016 Convention where we will hopefully nominate a winning ticket led by Senator Tmthforu94 and proceed with the the necessary mechanisms for winning this election (those few that are not already in motion as most already are).
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #120 on: September 25, 2016, 12:38:34 AM »

I motion to re-elect Chairman North Carolina Yankee and Vice Chair Leinad by way of Acclimation
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #121 on: September 25, 2016, 10:56:11 AM »

I motion to re-elect Chairman North Carolina Yankee and Vice Chair Leinad by way of Acclamation

I second the motion.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #122 on: September 25, 2016, 07:50:43 PM »

It goes against my preference for how to conduct this, but moving forward does have its benefits.

Members have 24 hours to object.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #123 on: September 27, 2016, 11:30:29 PM »

Seeing no objections, NC Yankee and Leinad are reelected by acclimation.

After consulting with "technical staff", it has been determined that the best location for the next convention should be some place relatively close to Omaha, lest we fail to make the Friday date.

Therefore, this convention stands adjourned and we will reconvene in Kansas City, KS on Friday, September 30th, 2016.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies