June 2016 Federalist Convention - Lincoln, Nebraska (Leadership Elections) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:48:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  June 2016 Federalist Convention - Lincoln, Nebraska (Leadership Elections) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: June 2016 Federalist Convention - Lincoln, Nebraska (Leadership Elections)  (Read 8046 times)
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« on: June 04, 2016, 01:28:43 AM »

X Senator Leinad
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 06:48:19 PM »

Hello, Nebraska! It's great to be here at the Federalist convention. This is the party that supports a common sense agenda of limited, responsible government and personal freedom--the most sustainable system of governance there is--and the party that supports cooperation with others, and a friendly, active environment to encourage the game's growth.

This is a tremendous chance for us to get a head start for the Federalist Party in this new era of Atlasia, to set the tone in policy. While the old era of Atlasia was known for leftist ideals, the new era can be known by our ideals. But only if we stay unified, campaign hard for this election, and turn out to VOTE!

If I'm President, I will stand for the rights of the individual to live their lives how they want, and oppose statism and collectivism. If I'm President, I will support policies to foster economic growth, raise wages, and get people back to work--not through government, but through the free market. If I'm President, I will be a friend of the regions, opposing federal overreach and supporting the mechanisms in place to retain the regions as the vital building blocks of our great Union.

If I'm President, the Federal Government will be, in addition to responsible and limited, active and effective. If I'm President, there will be cooperation and compromise in order to get things done, but I will never rubber stamp something I disagree with. We will go back to an Atlasia of lively debate over the issues, and competitive elections.

This is the ticket that can unify The Right Triangle--libertarians, conservatives, and moderates--and finally beat Labor. I ask you to join this effort, to help us win this election! As Henry David Thoreau said: "cast your whole vote, not a strip of paper merely"--or, in this case, a forum post--"but your whole influence."

Thank you!
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2016, 11:42:10 PM »

Second off, I want to apologize to our candidate for the Presidency, Leinad.
I would like to apologize to Senator Leinad

Thanks, guys! Smiley

Having different ideas is fine, as long as you stay calm, stay civil, and stay...can't think of another one, I just prefer groups of 3 to groups of 2.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 05:42:36 PM »

It's appalling that the Chair would appoint himself to such a position!

Said the guy who appointed himself to Senator just a little over a month ago. Tongue
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2016, 10:12:47 PM »

Aye
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2016, 12:31:20 AM »

Has Leinad finished reviewing the text? He has been authorized to open and close votes here, so I figured he would once he had done so.

I'll have a report on it tomorrow.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2016, 01:07:13 AM »

I like a lot of stuff in the platform, but there's a few issues I have with it, in order of where they appeared:

This is the most basic right that human beings are given by God.

I know certain people will call me "PC" or some such crap for saying this, but do we have to mention "God?" Not everyone believes in theistic religions, and even many Federalists who do also support secular government. I think making a specific or general deity the official basis for a position is a bit of a crutch, and I also think that one can oppose abortion without having a certain religion, or any religion, and tying rhetoric so closely to religion has harmed the pro-life movement (because people view it as a matter of personal religious belief, such as eating Kosher, instead of one involving human lives).

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I know that there is dangerous anti-police rhetoric out there, law enforcement is very important, and most of them do their jobs and deserve our thanks, but this makes it seem like the criminal justice system is fine as it is--we all (hopefully) know it needs reform. Our incarceration rates are higher than any other Western nation, and that's one of the biggest problems we currently face, one that shouldn't be ignored.

VII. STRONG, RESPONSIBLE FOREIGN POLICY

Any governing party requires a foreign policy vision. Any President’s first job is to be commander in chief of our armed forces.

A responsible foreign policy is one that rejects the notion of war and peace as opposites. Throughout history, peace has needed war to preserve it. An alternative outcome where the anti-war sentiment won out and Nazi Germany conquered Europe could hardly be considered a peaceful outcome. The use of military force is oftentimes our only option when dealing with evil in the world. The Federalist Party officially endorses a foreign policy that has its focus on peace but will not relent in carrying out war when it is required for peace.

I suppose war is sometimes necessary, but I think it is more times than not unnecessary, therefore we should include a section outlining the other side of the coin.

I feel this is important given the dramatic effects of war. First, the fiscal effects: last decade's adventure in Iraq had a price tag of multiple trillions of dollars--or, a whole classroom full of Warren Buffetts. But more importantly, the social effects of war are tragic for a society: not only the direct lives lost, not only those physically wounded, but those with things like PTSD who suffer psychologically, and those affected by war-related deaths and other harmful effects of war to their family and friends.

While I could live with a paragraph like the one you already have here pointing out the cases where war is needed, given that some of our members lean in that direction, we also need another one pointing out when it is not, and the reality of how damaging war is, that it isn't merely a tool of foreign policy. It's only fair, considering how devastating war is to those involved.

Also nothing in here about veteran care?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

This is a fiscally reckless position to take. I don't think we should bankrupt our military, but we're already among the world leaders in military spending per capita--considering our enormous national debt and the current high tax rates, I feel it would be better for us to scale back on needless military spending, and focus on efficient and effective defense without burdening the taxpayers with a never-ending wishlist of expenses.

The Federalist Party officially endorses reforming divorce laws

What exactly does this mean? I understand there's problems with the breakdown of the family--I've experienced these first-hand--but I don't see how changing laws magically fixes any of that. My parents would've still hated each other, just as much if not more, had divorce been off the table, or harder to attain.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2016, 10:24:02 PM »
« Edited: September 22, 2016, 08:57:45 PM by President Leinad »

Sorry, dfw, but Classic must really oppose you as Chair.

I'll open the nomination period for the leadership elections. After that I'll rework the platform to address the things I mentioned.

A 48-hour declaration period is now open for the offices of Chair and Vice-Chair
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2016, 09:03:06 PM »

I respectfully decline the nomination for Chair, but nominate myself for Chair of Vices (technically called Vice-Chair, but who's keeping score?).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies