June 2016 Federalist Convention - Lincoln, Nebraska (Leadership Elections) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:26:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  June 2016 Federalist Convention - Lincoln, Nebraska (Leadership Elections) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: June 2016 Federalist Convention - Lincoln, Nebraska (Leadership Elections)  (Read 8037 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: June 07, 2016, 05:33:53 PM »

X PiT (The Physicist)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 01:27:00 PM »
« Edited: June 11, 2016, 01:32:40 PM by Senator PiT »

*Senator PiT addresses the convention, as heated argument rages across the floor*

Not everyone has the same idea. We are individuals, each with a unique view on the issues before us. Nobody agrees perfectly with anybody else, and if such were a requirement for being a member of a party then the party system would collapse quite rapidly.

For this reason, I oppose ideological litmus tests. I do not think any of us should be leaving the party or walking out on the convention over a single issue. Restrooms are a thorny and difficult issue. I do not think an easy solution is possible, because of the nature of transgenderism. This is an important public policy debate to be having, but it should not be an issue that tears us apart.

Your opinion on that one issue is not what will be deciding my vote. There are many other issues on which we can agree, and causes we can advance in opposition to the Labor. It is important that we present a united front for conservative and libertarian values of small government and personal responsibility. We may not be in perfect agreement on what those values mean, but I can tell you one thing: Leinad represents those values we cherish better than Truman does.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2016, 01:37:53 PM »

I was deploying the legendary British sarcasm, considering that I did the same just a month ago Tongue

Sarcasm and the internet often don't travel well together. Tongue

Especially sarcasm among your political rivals. I recommend [/sarcasm] tags in the future. Tongue
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016, 10:12:13 PM »

Aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies