Sanders Campaign staying in til DC
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:09:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Sanders Campaign staying in til DC
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Sanders Campaign staying in til DC  (Read 3446 times)
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 04, 2016, 03:24:35 PM »
« edited: June 04, 2016, 03:29:59 PM by hermit »

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/04/politics/bernie-sanders-hillary-clinton-convention/index.html

Bernie is going after Hillary's superdelegates. Won't quit until the fat lady sings apparently.

He says that you can't lump superdelegates in with pledged deletates because pledged delegates are "real".

They do not believe they are taking away anything from the Hillary campaign to stay in that long. They do not believe they will be handing the victory to Trump.

And so it goes. Bernie is beyond belief.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2016, 03:25:35 PM »

This pathetic slime is getting off on the hero worship and attention. He has nothing else I guess.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2016, 03:26:53 PM »

If I can recall both Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz stated they planned to stay in right before they dropped out. So this might not mean anything. I still believe Sanders suspends his campaign on June 8th.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2016, 03:31:16 PM »

Bush also said he'd stay in for Nevada.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2016, 03:35:10 PM »

Listen to the video from the link I linked to. That lady is annoying, but unequivocal. They are going to contest the nomination. They will squeeze every last drop of blood they can from Hillary's superdelegates. They are not taking "no" for an answer.

Wow!
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2016, 03:36:06 PM »

Ironic how the same people whining about party unity are the ones who are calling Sanders a 'pathetic slime'. I doubt that'd do much for party unity, now, would it?
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2016, 03:43:58 PM »

He says that you can't lump superdelegates in with pledged deletates because pledged delegates are "real".

It's true, though. HRC won't have the requisite number of pledged delegates after the District of Columbia votes on the 14th. Superdelegates don't vote until the convention.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2016, 03:45:37 PM »
« Edited: June 04, 2016, 03:56:40 PM by Lief 🐋 »

It's true, though. HRC won't have the requisite number of pledged delegates after the District of Columbia votes on the 14th. Superdelegates don't vote until the convention.

No delegates vote until the convention. Roll Eyes

This is like refusing to concede a general election because "the electoral college doesn't vote until December!"
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2016, 03:47:12 PM »

May be true but look at the math. Hillary has 544 superdelegates to Bernie's 46. I wonder if there is a reason why that is? Why Bernie has so few....

Hillary is also ahead of Bernie in pledged delegates by 268. That's quite an uphill climb Bernie's going to trudge. Gonna need some expensive hiking boots I'd say.
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2016, 03:49:09 PM »

Barring the fact that she's also beating him in terms of "real" pledged delegates by a rather hefty margin, there is the rather questionable standard of calling superdelagates "not real" but then thinking that flipping them to his side is a viable tactic for winning the nomination.

Which one is it Bernie? Do they not count? Or do they only not count when they don't support you?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2016, 03:50:24 PM »

The same is true for TRUMP genius. That's why they are going to be called "presumptive nominees" until the conventions.
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2016, 04:11:28 PM »

This thread isn't going to end well.
Admiral Kizaru
Political Matrix
E: -3.61, S: -3.83

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2016, 04:18:30 PM »

May be true but look at the math. Hillary has 544 superdelegates to Bernie's 46. I wonder if there is a reason why that is? Why Bernie has so few....

Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2016, 04:27:10 PM »

Ironic how the same people whining about party unity are the ones who are calling Sanders a 'pathetic slime'. I doubt that'd do much for party unity, now, would it?
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2016, 04:29:57 PM »

But "Hillary4Prison" and "F&ck the corrupt b*tch, BernieOrBust!" are just so beautifully unifying, right?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2016, 04:33:24 PM »

If I can recall both Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz stated they planned to stay in right before they dropped out. So this might not mean anything. I still believe Sanders suspends his campaign on June 8th.

Many people here have no sense of perspective...which is odd for an election forum.

We'll see what happens when Hillary's win is no longer theoretical.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2016, 04:36:31 PM »

put Bernie in there too:

Here's your nominee:

RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2016, 04:38:53 PM »

Sen Smith FF
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2016, 04:42:24 PM »

This is like refusing to concede a general election because "the electoral college doesn't vote until December!"

Well, it's true that the superdelegates don't have to make up their minds until the convention, but there's absolutely no reason for them to switch to Sanders when he's losing the popular vote AND the pledged delegates, AND most of them don't want him as the nominee anyway.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2016, 04:44:31 PM »

This thread isn't going to end well.

Neither is Bernie's campaign.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2016, 04:47:57 PM »

Anybody want to tell me why Bernie's campaign is doing this? I've not been following politics that long in any depth, but it doesn't make any sense to me how deeply someone so far behind on all levels can delude themselves into believing they have a shot at the nomination at this point.

And at the same time believe they are not hurting Hillary's chances with beating Trump.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2016, 04:48:40 PM »

There is quite literally no valid room for comparison here given that you don't go into the general election with unpledged electoral votes who can be swing this way or that.
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2016, 04:51:31 PM »
« Edited: June 04, 2016, 04:53:31 PM by Tartarus Sauce »

I think the Hillary supporters are a bit over worried that him staying in the race until he's eked out every possible donation is causing irreparable damage to party unity. He will capitulate at the convention and finally endorse her, and it's not like Trump is actually capitalizing on the current Democratic in-fighting and he'll be a damn good figure in uniting them in opposition.

So sure, he can stay in until the convention if that's what he wants. That doesn't, however, mean he wouldn't be an obstinate, self righteous asshole for doing so. He's really revealed himself to be a petty, righteously indignant, delusional f-ckwad during this election process. He's even managed to out-sanctimony Hillary, which is a truly impressive feat. I never really liked Hillary to begin with, but I've truly lost all my goodwill for Sanders; his selling point was that he was supposed to be above dirty campaigning and a champion for reform. I think the hype really got to his head.

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2016, 04:54:09 PM »

That's fine. I hope he concedes the nod by D.C. and gives a vigorous endorsement of Clinton and a tirade against the Trumpster.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2016, 04:55:53 PM »

But "Hillary4Prison" and "F&ck the corrupt b*tch, BernieOrBust!" are just so beautifully unifying, right?

I will admit that most of the sane Sanders supporters have jumped ship. But judging from what I see on this forum, the hardcore Hillbots are just as bad. Constantly gloating over how Sanders is mathematically eliminated and insulting his supporters, then turning right around and criticizing Berniebots because they 'aren't helping party unity'. At this point, I'd argue that the hardcore Berniebots and the hardcore Hillbots are simply two sides of the same coin.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies