What percentage of white college graduates will Trump win?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:21:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  What percentage of white college graduates will Trump win?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: What percentage of white college graduates will Trump win?
<40%

40%-45%

45%-50%

50%-55%

55%-60%

>60%

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 51

Author Topic: What percentage of white college graduates will Trump win?  (Read 1958 times)
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 04, 2016, 05:21:16 PM »

Discuss.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2016, 05:24:22 PM »

52-53%

Unless major third party in which case

47-47-5 or so
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2016, 05:31:44 PM »

45%-50%
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2016, 05:48:14 PM »

Tbh, I'm expecting about 53-54%, and I don't think thats a lot.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2016, 05:56:05 PM »

I'll say 48%.
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2016, 06:10:03 PM »
« Edited: June 04, 2016, 06:14:07 PM by Tartarus Sauce »

40-45%, no way he's getting over 50%. This is the segment of the population most likely to vote third party, so in combination with the educated vote bleeding that was already occurring with the Republican party and which Trump has exacerbated, I wouldn't be surprised if he get less than ten percent than Romney did.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2016, 06:16:27 PM »

I don't think he'll break 50%. He'll win with men and possibly edge married women but single women who've been convinced to act like men and put their career ahead of everything will overwhelmingly vote against him. The irony is that one of his few truly good qualities is that by all accounts he's provided equal opportunities in his company for women.

This whole thing about trying to get women to hate Trump because he supposedly hates women is ridiculous. So what if he publicly trashes losers like Rosie O'Donnell, Carly Fiorina or Megyn Kelly? Actions speak louder than words, and he's hired plenty of women and paid them fairly. If you say that women should be treated the same way as men, then you can't ignore what Trump said to Little Marco, Lyin' Ted, Low-Energy Jeb and John "I don't have to hear from this man" Kasich.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2016, 08:30:06 PM »

I don't think he'll break 50%. He'll win with men and possibly edge married women but single women who've been convinced to act like men and put their career ahead of everything will overwhelmingly vote against him. The irony is that one of his few truly good qualities is that by all accounts he's provided equal opportunities in his company for women.

This whole thing about trying to get women to hate Trump because he supposedly hates women is ridiculous. So what if he publicly trashes losers like Rosie O'Donnell, Carly Fiorina or Megyn Kelly? Actions speak louder than words, and he's hired plenty of women and paid them fairly. If you say that women should be treated the same way as men, then you can't ignore what Trump said to Little Marco, Lyin' Ted, Low-Energy Jeb and John "I don't have to hear from this man" Kasich.

Losers? So what if he publicly trashes them?

My my, you've got a problem.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2016, 08:42:46 PM »

If Trump doesn't win white college grads, he'll probably need at least 70% of white non-college grads with at least 70% turnout rate.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2016, 09:10:52 PM »
« Edited: June 05, 2016, 02:18:36 AM by Santander »

Losers? So what if he publicly trashes them?

My my, you've got a problem.
They're not your sister or my mother or your wife or my daughter. They're public figures, and being a public figure comes with some unpleasant strings attached. They're fair game.

Funny how you didn't say anything about any of the men Trump insulted.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2016, 09:20:59 PM »

40-45 is way too low.  Romney won with 56%; Trump will be worse but not 15 pts worse.
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2016, 10:21:40 PM »

40-45 is way too low.  Romney won with 56%; Trump will be worse but not 15 pts worse.

Shhh don't burst the liberal "we are the educated party" circle jerk bubble. Just because Trump is obnoxious doesn't mean rich white  people will suddenly vote for the party of higher taxes.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2016, 10:25:10 PM »

Those horrible uppity women who don't know what they should want, amirite?!

On topic - he'll be lucky to get 50% at this point.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2016, 10:32:45 PM »

55-60% Easily! Anyone who thinks educated whites aren't going to vote for him needs to open their eyes. My area is heavily comprised of whites with very high education degrees and will massively vote for trump in November 
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2016, 10:34:55 PM »

55-60% Easily! Anyone who thinks educated whites aren't going to vote for him needs to open their eyes. My area is heavily comprised of whites with very high education degrees and will massively vote for trump in November 

You've been consistently wrong this whole season. It might happen in some areas, but nationally, it won't happen.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2016, 10:40:49 PM »

To be fair, though, your area is one particular part of the country. That doesn't mean it's true throughout the country.

single women who've been convinced to act like men and put their career ahead of everything

Sorry if this is off-topic, but why is it wrong or not "womanly" for women to put their career first?
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2016, 10:56:59 PM »

single women who've been convinced to act like men and put their career ahead of everything

Sorry if this is off-topic, but why is it wrong or not "womanly" for women to put their career first?
It's not, but an entire generation of women have been told that behaving in the same way as an archetypal male in the workplace and putting career first will lead to happiness. The thing is, people are individuals and they should not be discouraged from adopting archetypal gender roles, because some people are truly happiest in those roles. My mother was more educated than my father, and she was a great inspiration for me. I have great respect for women who pursue careers. I just don't think that encouraging women to behave like men is a good thing. If anything, men need to be encouraged to be more like archetypal women in home life. Our laws should give women full opportunities in every facet of life, but there is no need to encourage them to pursue things that they may not be happy with.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2016, 02:12:39 AM »

It's not, but an entire generation of women have been told that behaving in the same way as an archetypal male in the workplace and putting career first will lead to happiness. The thing is, people are individuals and they should not be discouraged from adopting archetypal gender roles, because some people are truly happiest in those roles. My mother was more educated than my father, and she was a great inspiration for me. I have great respect for women who pursue careers. I just don't think that encouraging women to behave like men is a good thing. If anything, men need to be encouraged to be more like archetypal women in home life. Our laws should give women full opportunities in every facet of life, but there is no need to encourage them to pursue things that they may not be happy with.

I see, it seems I misinterpreted your comment a bit. My apologies. Still, I do think there's a fine line between encouraging and expecting/forcing. Of course, if a woman would prefer to be in a more archetypal "female" role, that's her choice to make, but I think that all young people should be encouraged to realize their full potential, and not turn away from a career because it seems that field is dominated by the other gender.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2016, 02:24:51 AM »

Under 40.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2016, 04:31:16 AM »

Yuge.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2016, 04:32:36 AM »

Between 52% and 54% I guess.
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2016, 06:28:08 AM »

>losers like rosie o'donnell, carly fiorina, megyn kelly

i mean tbh i don't like any of them but when they're more successful than anybody on this forum i don't think we can call them "losers" in any sense of the word
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2016, 07:08:38 AM »

If he doesn't win them, then he'll need 70% of the remainder of whites just to get to Romney's PV result. He'll also lose NC, but it wouldn't surprise me if Trump picked up a Midwestern state (IA? WI?) in the process.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2016, 11:08:42 AM »

This is the group that should have the greatest proportion voting third party. Even if third party votes make up about 4-5% of the total vote (not unreasonable in a year like this), it could total up to 8% of the vote among this group. I could see something like 49-43 Trump. He doesn't get a majority but still wins by a comfortable margin. Of course it still represents a 8 point swing from 2012.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2016, 11:36:40 AM »

If he doesn't win them, then he'll need 70% of the remainder of whites just to get to Romney's PV result. He'll also lose NC, but it wouldn't surprise me if Trump picked up a Midwestern state (IA? WI?) in the process.

Definitely not WI.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies