Is Donald Trump a racist?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:12:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Is Donald Trump a racist?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Poll
Question: Is he?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 133

Author Topic: Is Donald Trump a racist?  (Read 5921 times)
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 05, 2016, 05:39:30 PM »

We had this poll back in February, and users were almost evenly divided as to whether or not he was an actual racist. I'm curious if feelings have changed after the events of this week.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2016, 05:53:51 PM »

At one time, I thought he was just fanning the flames, but now I've come to believe he is.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2016, 05:58:38 PM »

He may not be truly racist, but he's certainly racially insensitive.
Fuzzy Says: "Abolish NPR!"
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2016, 06:14:27 PM »

A "racist" . . .

Are we talking about folks like Sen. Theodore Bilbo (D-MS) who compared blacks to monkeys on the floor of the Senate?  No, Trump' not there.

Are we talking about Gov. Lester Maddox, who armed his patrons with axe handles to resist the integration of his Pickrick Restaurant (an act that propelled him to the Georgia Governor's mansion)?  No, Trump's not there either.

Are we talking about Sen. Jesse Helms (R-NC) launching a full-scale attack on Affirmative Action, featuring his "White Hands" ad?  No, Trump's not there, either.

Trump is a "racist" because he has advocated the apparently remarkable idea of the American government actually enforcing the laws on immigration it already has on the books.  He's not advocating new laws.  And he's advocated a temporary ban on Muslim immigration in response to a murder in San Bernadino, CA conducted by an ISIS member who immigrated here who was supposedly "vetted".  This was advocated in the face of proposals that we take tens of thousands of Syrian refugees into the US whom we were not likely to adequately check out, and about whom the American public was rightly concerned.

That's what this comes down to.  And it's a big deal because there are no shortage of folks that are actively trying to turn America, through its immigration laws, into a majority-minority nation, in the hope that it will produce a new "transformative" political majority.  This is being done without regard to whether or not these new immigrants are properly assimilated into American life, and whether or not these new immigrants are truly amenable to being citizens in a liberal democracy.  (Even if they're just resident aliens, if they're not amenable to liberal democracy, what happens when they have children whom they raise to be opponents of democracy, and who will enjoy birthright citizenship?)  Yet it's somehow racist to call out people who wish to actively manipulate the demography of America for political purposes.  I don't get this.  I really don't, and I'm not a dullard.  

(Oh, by the way, I once had a girlfriend from a foreign nation of another race with whom we discussed marriage, but she was not a citizen and her visa expired and could not be renewed.  Just in case some nitwit wishes to play the race card with me.)
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2016, 06:15:19 PM »

It's impossible to say if he is a racist or not.  His comments are horrible, but they reflect more on his ridiculous ego than they do anything else.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2016, 06:20:53 PM »

A "racist" . . .

Are we talking about folks like Sen. Theodore Bilbo (D-MS) who compared blacks to monkeys on the floor of the Senate?  No, Trump' not there.

Are we talking about Gov. Lester Maddox, who armed his patrons with axe handles to resist the integration of his Pickrick Restaurant (an act that propelled him to the Georgia Governor's mansion)?  No, Trump's not there either.

Are we talking about Sen. Jesse Helms (R-NC) launching a full-scale attack on Affirmative Action, featuring his "White Hands" ad?  No, Trump's not there, either.

Trump is a "racist" because he has advocated the apparently remarkable idea of the American government actually enforcing the laws on immigration it already has on the books.  He's not advocating new laws.  And he's advocated a temporary ban on Muslim immigration in response to a murder in San Bernadino, CA conducted by an ISIS member who immigrated here who was supposedly "vetted".  This was advocated in the face of proposals that we take tens of thousands of Syrian refugees into the US whom we were not likely to adequately check out, and about whom the American public was rightly concerned.

That's what this comes down to.  And it's a big deal because there are no shortage of folks that are actively trying to turn America, through its immigration laws, into a majority-minority nation, in the hope that it will produce a new "transformative" political majority.  This is being done without regard to whether or not these new immigrants are properly assimilated into American life, and whether or not these new immigrants are truly amenable to being citizens in a liberal democracy.  (Even if they're just resident aliens, if they're not amenable to liberal democracy, what happens when they have children whom they raise to be opponents of democracy, and who will enjoy birthright citizenship?)  Yet it's somehow racist to call out people who wish to actively manipulate the demography of America for political purposes.  I don't get this.  I really don't, and I'm not a dullard.  

(Oh, by the way, I once had a girlfriend from a foreign nation of another race with whom we discussed marriage, but she was not a citizen and her visa expired and could not be renewed.  Just in case some nitwit wishes to play the race card with me.)

This poll question has nothing to do with his immigration policy. I specifically asked about his statements this past week.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2016, 06:44:14 PM »

If he isn't, he certainly deserves an academy award for an extremely convincing performance.
RR1997
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2016, 07:03:36 PM »

No
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2016, 07:15:52 PM »

Yes, but only as a byproduct of the fact that the only thing he cares about is himself. Attacking anything that goes against that is fair game, and he launches any attacks that work.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2016, 07:23:50 PM »

Will these threads stop?
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2016, 07:24:48 PM »

you can always retreat to your safespace on reddit or the chans or wherever if you're feeling triggered Smiley
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2016, 07:27:11 PM »

you can always retreat to your safespace on reddit or the chans or wherever if you're feeling triggered Smiley

It's just that threads like these add nothing to the quality of discussion on this forum.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2016, 07:28:32 PM »

It's just that threads like these add nothing to the quality of discussion on this forum.

neither do you, and yet…!
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2016, 07:29:44 PM »

You don't need to be rude.
You know that's not true.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2016, 07:31:51 PM »

'samatter? i thought you liked harsh truths
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2016, 07:33:58 PM »

Friendly advice: You need to work on your manners and communication skills.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2016, 07:36:36 PM »

i thought that stuff was for low-energy losers?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2016, 07:45:17 PM »

Lol checkmate
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2016, 07:55:01 PM »

Yes. Right after the stupid, racist, psychopathic con-artist and prostitute reviewer known variously as Don "Little Hands" Trump, John Miller, John Barron, and many other aliases besides, gets rejected by the American voting public in November. Assuming he doesn't cut and run earlier, like the cowardly bullying chickenhawk he is.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2016, 07:56:32 PM »

Yes. Right after the stupid, racist, psychopathic con-artist and prostitute reviewer known variously as Don "Little Hands" Trump, John Miller, John Barron, and many other aliases besides, gets rejected by the American voting public in November. Assuming he doesn't cut and run earlier, like the cowardly bullying chickenhawk he is.

Why do you hate him? He has done nothing to you.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2016, 07:58:01 PM »

Poor, innocent, defenseless Donald. Of course not, he's done nobody no harm.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2016, 08:04:24 PM »

Obviously, you insist on being hostile to me, even though I have been friendly to you.
Your attacks on my person are off topic and unprovoked.

If you do not refrain from insulting me further, I may come to a conclusion that you do that for fun, in which case there will be no need for further conversation with you.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2016, 08:05:33 PM »

Hillary has harmed far more people than Donald.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2016, 08:09:23 PM »

Ask the people who were beat up at his rallies.

Ask the homeless Hispanics who were pissed on because his supporters were "passionate people" as he said, fueling further actions.

Ask the thousands of families that were defrauded by Trump University.

Ask all non-White Hispanics who have been branded by many as "criminals and rapists," legal or otherwise.

Ask all of the former employees he laid off after he moved his manufacturing outside of the United States.

I could keep going on, but you're obviously blinded.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2016, 08:11:45 PM »

Ask the people who were beat up at his rallies.

Ask the homeless Hispanics who were pissed on because his supporters were "passionate people" as he said, fueling further actions.

Ask the thousands of families that were defrauded by Trump University.

Ask all non-White Hispanics who have been branded by many as "criminals and rapists," legal or otherwise.

Ask all of the former employees he laid off after he moved his manufacturing outside of the United States.

I could keep going on, but you're obviously blinded.

Ask the millions of people in Libya, Syria, Iraq and Egypt.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies