Is Donald Trump a racist?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:51:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Is Donald Trump a racist?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Poll
Question: Is he?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 133

Author Topic: Is Donald Trump a racist?  (Read 5920 times)
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2016, 01:18:19 AM »
« edited: June 06, 2016, 06:59:57 AM by Meclazine »

Racial minorities make up less than 13 percent of the media, despite making up about 38 percent of the total US population.

So I am saying the media leave him alone because of this.

Trump's comments are edgy and he survives on that controversy.

It would be interesting to analyse his behaviour as a businessman in the 1980's to see if there are issues with racial discrimination in his business days.

I will admit, once a racist, always a racist, especially crusty rich billionaires.

The rich are despicable in their approach to minorities.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2016, 05:52:01 AM »

You have to be really naive to think that Donald Trump isn't a racist.
StatesPoll
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2016, 08:39:50 AM »

We had this poll back in February, and users were almost evenly divided as to whether or not he was an actual racist. I'm curious if feelings have changed after the events of this week.

Stop
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2016, 08:50:13 AM »

He may not be truly racist, but he's certainly racially insensitive.

I agree. At least he often behaves like a racist.
pho
iheartpho
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -1.39

« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2016, 09:15:01 AM »

Probably not. Trump's strength is in manipulation, and he has masterfully manipulated working class Republicans by exploiting their fears and speaking their language. I have no doubt that if Trump thought is was as easy to do in the Democratic Party, he would have ran as a Democrat on an almost entirely different set of issues.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2016, 09:16:40 AM »

We had this poll back in February, and users were almost evenly divided as to whether or not he was an actual racist. I'm curious if feelings have changed after the events of this week.

Stop

Stop what? Asking legitimate questions? Why don't you go back to your brilliant "Trump can win OR" analysis.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2016, 09:47:25 AM »

Stop

Stop what? Asking legitimate questions? Why don't you go back to your brilliant "Trump can win OR" analysis.
If
TTTTTT RRRRR  UU  UU MM   MM PPPPP
  TT   RR  RR UU  UU MMM MMM PP  PP
  TT   RRRRR  UU  UU MM M MM PPPPP
  TT   RR RR   UUUU  MM   MM PP
gets every single Republican and 3rd Party, then
TTTTTT RRRRR  UU  UU MM   MM PPPPP
  TT   RR  RR UU  UU MMM MMM PP  PP
  TT   RRRRR  UU  UU MM M MM PPPPP
  TT   RR RR   UUUU  MM   MM PP
wins 56% of the vote in California.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2016, 10:41:47 AM »

Will Trump stop making stupid, insensitive, racist, bigoted statements?

Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2016, 12:49:54 PM »

No, renegade, he won't. What you call stupid, insensitive, racist, bigoted statements, I call free, unrestrained, natural, no nonsense speech, or if you like it better - telling it like it is.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #59 on: June 06, 2016, 12:54:17 PM »
« Edited: June 06, 2016, 01:00:14 PM by ag »

No, renegade, he won't. What you call stupid, insensitive, racist, bigoted statements, I call free, unrestrained, natural, no nonsense speech, or if you like it better - telling it like it is.

Well, hence you will continue enjoying me telling like it is: that you are a despicable miserable hateful scoundrel, who, for the sake of momentary enjoyment of other people's discomfiture, would like to inflict severe damage to the United States and to billions of people all over the world (including your own family). You will eternally burn in Hell for this, and you know it, but you cannot make yourself stop.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2016, 01:00:06 PM »

Speaking your mind doesn't excuse the terrible bs that comes out of said mind. It just means you feel more open to spreading filth
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #61 on: June 06, 2016, 01:06:39 PM »

... What you call stupid, insensitive, racist, bigoted statements, I call free, unrestrained, natural, no nonsense speech, or if you like it better - telling it like it is.

Ljube,
You comment sounds exactly like something a KKK member would say.
Congratulations.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2016, 01:26:48 PM »

... What you call stupid, insensitive, racist, bigoted statements, I call free, unrestrained, natural, no nonsense speech, or if you like it better - telling it like it is.

Ljube,
Congratulations.

So you want to bet that the judge is entirely impartial in Trump's case?
You don't know anything about that case, or the judge in question.

Why do you choose to believe in impartiality of a random judge and not in Trump's statements about the judge's bias?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2016, 01:32:18 PM »

Ljube,
Congratulations.

Why do you choose to believe in impartiality of a random judge and not in Trump's statements about the judge's bias?

While I don't know the judge in question personally, I do know that Trump is a compulsively lying sack of sh**t who talks out his ass all the time. Thus, I don't believe what Trump says.
Fargobison

« Reply #64 on: June 06, 2016, 01:34:06 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

https://twitter.com/BenSasse/status/739874620703023105
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2016, 01:35:40 PM »

No, he's not. TRUMP cares especially for blacks.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: June 06, 2016, 01:39:17 PM »

Will that biased judge now recuse himself? Surely, even if hadn't been biased before, he is biased now, so the only proper thing he can do is recuse himself, for he cannot judge Trump impartially.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2016, 01:42:29 PM »

Will that biased judge now recuse himself? Surely, even if hadn't been biased before, he is biased now, so the only proper thing he can do is recuse himself, for he cannot judge Trump impartially.

Maybe Trump should drop out of the Presidential race.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2016, 01:44:12 PM »

Maybe Trump should drop out of the Presidential race.

Millions voted for Trump. Who voted for that biased judge?
It's obvious who should drop out.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2016, 01:49:55 PM »

It doesn't really matter. You can't get rid of a judge you don't like by insulting them to the point that they are now biased against you. It just doesn't work like that.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #70 on: June 06, 2016, 01:53:45 PM »

Ljube,
Congratulations.

The judge might be "entirely impartial" or he may not be.
We don't know, and I certainly know that you don't either.
Judges are human beings, and thus may have biases one way or another. What do you want, or what do you think we can do ..... have robots as judges ? Have a giant 15 foot super-computer tower with all these flashing lights and switches on the court bench ?
Until we can do that, we all just have to TRUST that our judges will do the best and a fair job when presiding over court cases.
We should NEVER exclude (or ask to recuse) a judge because of ancestry, color of their skin, religion, sex, etc.

PS: Think about it this way .... If the judge was white and who's ancestry has been "American" since the first colonist came to the US, should the other side in this litigation ask the judge to recuse himself because he was white ?  I can hear it now .....
"Your honor .... because trump is running for President and is widely known for wanting to Build-The-Wall, and you are white and have a very long-line of 'American ancestry,' it would be unfair for you to preside over this case, and we believe you should recuse yourself from these proceedings."
Now how absurd and ridiculous would that be ? ?
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2016, 02:03:39 PM »

this argument that the judge is biased because of the stubby-fingered rapist's comments is just incredibly dumb, though.

imagine: "the judge is a son of a whore. and now that i've said that, clearly he will be biased against me. i demand he recuse himself!"
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2016, 02:05:12 PM »

Ljube,
Congratulations.

Judges are human beings, and thus may have biases one way or another. What do you want, or what do you think we can do ..... have robots as judges ? Have a giant 15 foot super-computer tower with all these flashing lights and switches on the court bench ?
Until we can do that, we all just have to TRUST that our judges will do the best and a fair job when presiding over court cases.
We should NEVER exclude (or ask to recuse) a judge because of ancestry, color of their skin, religion, sex, etc.

PS: Think about it this way .... If the judge was white and who's ancestry has been "American" since the first colonist came to the US, should the other side in this litigation ask the judge to recuse himself because he was white ?  I can hear it now .....
"Your honor .... because trump is running for President and is widely known for wanting to Build-The-Wall, and you are white and have a very long-line of 'American ancestry,' it would be unfair for you to preside over this case, and we believe you should recuse yourself from these proceedings."

You got it all wrong. Backwards. Trump didn't ask him to recuse himself because he is Hispanic, he asked him to recuse himself because he is biased.

Trump of all people knows best if a judge is biased or not. Some of his rulings seemed biased to me, but I don't know enough to be sure. Trump merely stated that he thought that the reason for the judge’s bias was the fact that he is Hispanic.

That's not saying that Hispanics couldn't oversee Trump's trial. That's just stating the obvious, after the judge has already proven to be biased.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #73 on: June 06, 2016, 02:13:58 PM »

Ljube,
Congratulations.

You got it all wrong. Backwards. Trump didn't ask him to recuse himself because he is Hispanic, he asked him to recuse himself because he is biased.

Trump of all people knows best if a judge is biased or not. Some of his rulings seemed biased to me, but I don't know enough to be sure. Trump merely stated that he thought that the reason for the judge’s bias was the fact that he is Hispanic.

That's not saying that Hispanics couldn't oversee Trump's trial. That's just stating the obvious, after the judge has already proven to be biased.

Yes, you are correct (partially).
trump said the judge is biased ..... but only because he is of "Mexican ancestry."
How difficult is this to understand.
You are only twisting it to fool me (which is not working), or others, or for your own mind so as to be in denial.
Either way, you need therapy if you don't get it.

Now stop ... you are just being silly and trollish.
Go get help immediately .... CALL  1-800-MENTAL HELP.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #74 on: June 06, 2016, 03:02:01 PM »

If Trump actually thought the judge was biased to the point where recusal was warranted, then Trump's lawyers would have moved for recusal. But as with all of Trump's various threats of lawsuits throughout the campaign, they didn't because Trump doesn't actually have a claim here. The proper remedy for a biased judge is to seek recusal, not to go bashing the judge in the press. That's a good way to get the judge to legitimately hate you pretty quick. Trial skills 101 and basic common sense says don't start throwing insults at the judge. And no, you, the defendant, being a dick to the judge during the trial does not somehow create grounds for a recusal.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies