CLINTON CLINCHES
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:43:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  CLINTON CLINCHES
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
Author Topic: CLINTON CLINCHES  (Read 5752 times)
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: June 06, 2016, 11:48:09 PM »

I was thinking that the SDs decided to commit tonight so as to depress turnout tomorrow in California and in states where Bernie is expected to do well.  A loss for Clinton in CA would still look embarrassing even if she didn't need it.  Although it could also backfire with Clinton supporters staying home and pissed off Bernie supporters turning out to say "Fck you" to the superdelegates.

Either way, tomorrow should be very interesting now.

I think it could have an opposite effect, even outside of CA. It gives Clinton voters less of an incentive to go out and vote, while Bernie Bros will get pissed off and you'll see higher turnout from those groups.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #126 on: June 07, 2016, 12:13:33 AM »

I dunno. Sanders supporters have shown themselves to be a very unreliable voting group. See: Nebraska and Washington beauty contests.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #127 on: June 07, 2016, 12:21:18 AM »

I dunno. Sanders supporters have shown themselves to be a very unreliable voting group. See: Nebraska and Washington beauty contests.
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #128 on: June 07, 2016, 01:08:34 AM »

Congratulations to Secretary Clinton, the first woman to be nominated by a major party in American history.

Now, to defeat the authoritarian, temperamentally unstable bigot that is her general election opponent ...
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #129 on: June 07, 2016, 01:14:07 AM »

!!!!!!!!!!

What a time to be alive! The first presidential election ever with a highly-qualified woman squaring off against a racist orangutan.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #130 on: June 07, 2016, 01:21:20 AM »

!!!!!!!!!!

What a time to be alive! The first presidential election ever with a highly-qualified woman squaring off against a racist orangutan.

That's offensive! How dare you compare those poor orangutans to something as vile as Trump! Tongue
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #131 on: June 07, 2016, 01:24:22 AM »

Has anyone checked on jfern?
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #132 on: June 07, 2016, 01:47:54 AM »

He's still been posting, just even more salty than usual. Although he did disappear after a few people called him out on how he was a sore loser who thought his remarks about Clinton being under FBI investigation were 'clever'.
StatesPoll
« Reply #133 on: June 07, 2016, 02:10:54 AM »

it would make bad effect on her turnouts of CA Primary

sth like

Hillary Supporters(in CA): hmmmm she already won. why should i vote?  I don't need to vote.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #134 on: June 07, 2016, 02:12:08 AM »

sth like

Hillary Supporters(in CA): hmmmm she already won. why should i vote?

Just like Trump voters in Nebraska, Oregon, West Virginia, and Washington?
StatesPoll
« Reply #135 on: June 07, 2016, 02:17:49 AM »
« Edited: June 07, 2016, 02:25:48 AM by StatesPoll »

sth like

Hillary Supporters(in CA): hmmmm she already won. why should i vote?

Just like Trump voters in Nebraska, Oregon, West Virginia, and Washington?

Most of her supporters are not very loyal as TRUMP supporters(also Sanders supporters)

It would be enough to remove motivation to vote.

Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #136 on: June 07, 2016, 02:21:22 AM »

F**k man, I was out having a good time and Clinton clinched 24 hours early behind my back?  What's the point?  F**king trolls at AP.  Let the girl have a little fun, don't spoil the greatest moment of her life for a god damn scoop.  What a bunch of dickholes.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #137 on: June 07, 2016, 02:33:39 AM »

F**k man, I was out having a good time and Clinton clinched 24 hours early behind my back?  What's the point?  F**king trolls at AP.  Let the girl have a little fun, don't spoil the greatest moment of her life for a god damn scoop.  What a bunch of dickholes.

Huh? She was obviously in on this scumbag move. She already sent a fundraising e-mail on her "secret win".

https://twitter.com/cbellantoni/status/739994014984736768?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #138 on: June 07, 2016, 02:45:25 AM »

Do you have any proof besides a random tweet, Jfern? I know your feeble mind is having trouble believing that Bernie Sanders lost, but perhaps you shouldn't get so worked up about this; it's not like he was going to make a miracle comeback in California.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #139 on: June 07, 2016, 02:48:55 AM »

Huh? She was obviously in on this scumbag move. She already sent a fundraising e-mail on her "secret win".

That's hilarious.  Well, forget what I said, I guess she knows what she's doing and released the superdelegates ahead of time as an October surprise for the last round of primaries.  I love how all those comments on that Tweet are claiming that this (I guess) clever little campaign trick is the death of democracy as we know it now.  The bar for democracy-ending corruption in the eyes of Bernie's children is down in the god damn Marianas Trench at this point.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #140 on: June 07, 2016, 02:57:10 AM »
« Edited: June 07, 2016, 02:59:19 AM by Landslide Lyndon »

F**k man, I was out having a good time and Clinton clinched 24 hours early behind my back?  What's the point?  F**king trolls at AP.  Let the girl have a little fun, don't spoil the greatest moment of her life for a god damn scoop.  What a bunch of dickholes.

BTW jfern, pledged delegates CAN switch their votes.

http://demconwatch.blogspot.gr/2008/05/another-pledged-delegate-switches-to.html

Maybe if you and Sanders were Democrats you wouldn't be so ignorant about how things like these work.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #141 on: June 07, 2016, 03:01:49 AM »

Hey Lyndon, can you tell me what color your avatar is exactly?
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #142 on: June 07, 2016, 03:56:20 AM »

Announcing it now is a bit of a wild card, not sure how this will effect the primaries today
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #143 on: June 07, 2016, 03:58:30 AM »

Do you have any proof besides a random tweet, Jfern? I know your feeble mind is having trouble believing that Bernie Sanders lost, but perhaps you shouldn't get so worked up about this; it's not like he was going to make a miracle comeback in California.

Feeble mind?  I knew it was quite unlikely Bernie would get the nomination. But you just like being an ass.

Here's the LA Times on it.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-trailguide-clinton-money-email-uses-images-labeled-1465266744-htmlstory.html
IceAgeComing
United Kingdom

« Reply #144 on: June 07, 2016, 04:46:41 AM »

i'd imagine that's something that they'd prepared in advance; like any sensible campaign would - I'm sure that Bernie has something prepared like that if he somehow manages to win 80% of the vote everywhere tonight and get a pledged delegate majority since that's sensible, its always good to be prepared for every eventuality.  Was it a "scumbag move" that Romney had a transition website (and probably more things that we never saw) prepared in advance of the last Presidential election?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #145 on: June 07, 2016, 05:28:57 AM »

i'd imagine that's something that they'd prepared in advance; like any sensible campaign would - I'm sure that Bernie has something prepared like that if he somehow manages to win 80% of the vote everywhere tonight and get a pledged delegate majority since that's sensible, its always good to be prepared for every eventuality.  Was it a "scumbag move" that Romney had a transition website (and probably more things that we never saw) prepared in advance of the last Presidential election?

Speaking of Romney, he never prepared a concession speech. That kind of kills the argument that every Presidential campaign is prepared for every possibility.
IceAgeComing
United Kingdom

« Reply #146 on: June 07, 2016, 05:50:38 AM »

Well not really; since a concession speech is the total opposite to a victory announcement.  Campaigns generally prepare for victory, especially a campaign like the Clinton campaign who certainly knew that they'd get over the line tonight and ought to have expected that the networks would continually check for super delegate "pledges".  You can guarantee that Sanders had stuff prepared for wins in states that he didn't manage to win since that's a positive thing that you can sell; while losing something isn't something that a campaign isn't going to publicly try and sell.  The things planned for losing where you expected to win are going to be things that are a lot less visible; changes in strategy or tactics in upcoming contests, or simply dropping out if you think that you haven't got a hope left.

Besides concession speeches are generally a lot easier to write quickly than a victory speech while also generally being less important.  Things that you do in a concession speech: congratulate the winner and have some platitudes about working together on common goals, thank the voters, talk a little about the important issues that you campaigned on and perhaps say some nice things about your staff.  He may had not formally written a thing, but he definitely knew what to say when he needed to say it.  Besides if it got out that you had prepared a concession speech then that'd be spun in the media as you expecting to lose or some nonsense, and that's not going to look good for your campaign.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #147 on: June 07, 2016, 07:48:24 AM »

Super delegates exist only to overthrow the will of the people. Sanders is right that they can vote however they want. If Clinton reaches 2026 pledgeds tonight (or more) the supers will go for her. She will not likely get to 2383 pledged delegates tonight.

Since a majority will likely go for her if she wins the pledgeds this is much ado about nothing. She is totally disrespecting the voters of the largest state by claiming victory a day too early.
Seriously, she couldn't wait 24 hours?

The super delegate system is crazy, Democrats would be wise to change it. If the race were more than two people that would be different since it would be possible for nobody to get a majority on the first ballot. This is very simple. It's a shame that some Clinton fanatics can't see this. If she ends up with more pledgeds and popular votes, super delegates only make her look bad for supporting this nonsense.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #148 on: June 07, 2016, 07:50:24 AM »

CLINTON.
IS.
NOT.
CLAIMING.
VICTORY.

Seems like some people really are bad at reading.
whanztastic
Rookie

« Reply #149 on: June 07, 2016, 07:51:57 AM »

CLINTON.
IS.
NOT.
CLAIMING.
VICTORY.

Seems like some people really are bad at reading.

You are forgetting that the "media" is in the "bag" for Clinton, including the non-profit AP.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies