In this thread, we post r/S4P reactions to tonight's news
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 06:08:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  In this thread, we post r/S4P reactions to tonight's news
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13
Author Topic: In this thread, we post r/S4P reactions to tonight's news  (Read 14769 times)
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: June 07, 2016, 11:17:33 PM »

"Feminism: Where having a uterus is worth 100,000 deaths." - /u/Username_NA

Not sure what relevance this has, but it was posted in the thread.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #101 on: June 07, 2016, 11:18:07 PM »

This comment right here is terrifying for a number of reasons.

"I'm so ing pissed. I got fired from my minimum wage job because I spent time phone banking during work. I would do it all over again if I could. I am so angry, good thing my wife is at her boyfriends house or else I would probably make a mistake I'd regret. Will anyone match me 10 dollars to say to the people of the DNC we hate them?" - /u/tripled9

/pol/ comment.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #102 on: June 07, 2016, 11:19:18 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

"I'm so ing pissed. I got fired from my minimum wage job because I spent time phone banking during work. I would do it all over again if I could. I am so angry, good thing my wife is at her boyfriends house or else I would probably make a mistake I'd regret. Will anyone match me 10 dollars to say to the people of the DNC we hate them?" - /u/tripled9

That's a /pol/ poster for sure. The cuck reference is too on the nose.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #103 on: June 07, 2016, 11:19:32 PM »

"Screen capped the current CA numbers just now so that when it flips 60-40 BERNIE, I'll have something to laugh at tomorrow" - /u/client999

/pol/ comment.

Good catch. I'll remove that from the compilation.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #104 on: June 07, 2016, 11:21:20 PM »

"Holy . They just said on msnbc that 85% of no party preference mail in ballots sent out didn't have the DNC primary on them!!!!  THIS SYSTEM!
Edit: Because 85% of them didn't know that they needed to request a democratic ballot because it was never explained to them, apparently." - /u/jameruski
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #105 on: June 07, 2016, 11:22:03 PM »

I think Bernie should lose the nomination because he's going to lose in pledged delegates, but I think that this type of reporting, or at least the outlets who fail to report that superdelegates can change their vote, is sketchy/lame. 

It's totally cool to say that it appears Clinton is the presumptive nominee or that she is almost certainly the nominee, but the fact that she won with changeable supers needs to be mentioned and often isn't on many outlets.

So the November election shouldn't be called until December because electors in some states could change their votes en masse and elect the loser?

Pledged electors can go to jail or be fined for being faithless.  Pledged delegates can have their first ballot votes invalidated.

Superdelegates face no such penalties/restrictions.
In some states, but not all or even most of them.

In 2012 there were enough Obama electors that could have theoretically voted Romney and handed him the election with no legal punishment whatsoever. By your logic, the media was wrong to declare Obama the winner of the general election because it's "possible" that electors could have handed the election to Romney, or anyone else for that matter.

It's not against the rules for SDs to switch, while it is for PDs and PEs, even if they might not be punished.

Also, historically, SDs have switched with much greater frequency and consequence.

Baring little short of an indictment, WHY should SDs change. Sanders ran a respectable campaign and won quite a few states (almost all caucuses), but in the popular vote Hillary soundly beat him. This isn't the super-delegates "crushing democracy". That's what they'd be doing if they flipped to Sanders because of more favorable poll numbers or lacking a nuclear-level crisis (I.E. indictment).

I didn't imply that the superdelegates SHOULD change - after Clinton won an insurmountable lead with NJ, it would be horribly undemocratic for the superdelegates to switch to Bernie - she won fair and square.

I just think it's lame for the media to declare Hillary the winner based on anonymous superdelegate counts when it's totally within the rules for SDs to change and Clinton hadn't won in pledged delegates quite yet.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #106 on: June 07, 2016, 11:22:50 PM »

"HEY HILLBOTS, LET US MAKE THIS CLEAR: WE WILL NOT FALL IN LINE TO VOTE FOR A CANDIDATE THAT IS EQUALLY AS sh**tTY AS TRUMP. END OF DISCUSSION AND GOOD RIDDANCE." - /u/Awesomedude8888
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #107 on: June 07, 2016, 11:23:26 PM »

"Feminism: Where having a uterus is worth 100,000 deaths." - /u/Username_NA

Not sure what relevance this has, but it was posted in the thread.

The war in iraq had a civilian death count ~100,000.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #108 on: June 07, 2016, 11:24:29 PM »

"At least bernie is taking precious delegates Hillary could of had. Still making her look bad because she's expected to be dominating and not having to face him anymore, but Bernie is taking delegates and it's a close 6%ish in two states. I'm still proud of what we did, more importantly I'm proud of being proud of this movement because I learned a lot of stuff. Before this, I didn't care about politics and what went on. I am young and I've got tons of elections ahead of me. Thanks to Sanders I'll have the right mind. I'm still confident he won't give up and give Hillary and the DNC a headache by showing up to this convention with a smug face like "I'm still here, you can't be nominee yet" i'd love to see that even if he knows he'll lose." - /u/ShadowTacoz
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #109 on: June 07, 2016, 11:26:47 PM »

So... how illegal is it to say you're running as a "true progressive"TM, to an AMA on Reddit, and get sent millions of dollars only to tragically come up short the last minute?

Who are you referring to at this point? Sanders or somebody else? Because I doubt it's illegal either way.

Me... Smiley
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #110 on: June 07, 2016, 11:27:24 PM »

So... how illegal is it to say you're running as a "true progressive"TM, to an AMA on Reddit, and get sent millions of dollars only to tragically come up short the last minute?

Who are you referring to at this point? Sanders or somebody else? Because I doubt it's illegal either way.

Me...

Depends on how well you covered it up.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #111 on: June 07, 2016, 11:27:35 PM »

Has someone tried to explain to the BernBots that the AP and others calling for Clinton probably surpressed turnout in her favor? Cause lol.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #112 on: June 07, 2016, 11:29:09 PM »

"Bernie is now winning Montana.
Also, I want you guys to just imagine something with me real quick. Hillary's 25 point lead is obviously due to old cat ladies with government pensions who watch MSNBC for 8 to 10 hours a day. As the day of votes start pouring in, Bernie slowly but surely reels her in. At 98% reporting, he finally over takes her, the press is dumb founded as this was one of the greatest turn arounds in american election history. Sanders rains on Hillary's parade winning CA, MT, and ND.
Then he continues his vow to stay in the election until the FBI primary, which Hillary will lose." - /u/HillaryGodhamClinton

Before you ask, the username did set up a number of red flags, but the comment history checks out.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #113 on: June 07, 2016, 11:30:03 PM »

"It's odd, I may not be old (I've only been voting since 2008), but now I see why my dad, a military veteran, never voted. There's no choice, and we will never have a choice. I always thought he was wrong for his "nothing will change" attitude, and I voted in 2008, 2010, 2012, and 2014 to prove him wrong. Nothing changed. And now, both presidential candidates are under civil and criminal investigations in 2016.  America, the average voter deserves Hillary and Trump, they're just as idiotic. I'm done with politics, hopefully Bernie 2.0 will show up when I'm 60, or more likely, the United States won't exist.
The United States, as a whole, deserves this stagnation into nothingness." - /u/crispy111

We have 5 parties in Parliament in Canada and I would vote for your Green Party as if it was as strong as the one up north. If Bernie was the leader of the NDP up here, he'd have a comfortable majority government waiting up here for him.
Sorry, I have the sheer lunacy to believe viewpoints do not merely fall into a binary two-party system." - /u/JustALumpOfCanadium

I don't really see how these are so comical/crazy.  Seem on balance to be pretty lucid/accurate, if I don't endorse the fatalism of the two individuals.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #114 on: June 07, 2016, 11:30:16 PM »

cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #115 on: June 07, 2016, 11:30:51 PM »

Dammit, publicunofficial beat me to it, and with the reaction image too.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #116 on: June 07, 2016, 11:34:05 PM »

"What we and Bernie should do next:
Build a strong legal case on the voter suppression and election fraud that happened throughout. Hillary's win needs to be widely seen as illegitimate at the convention.
Campaign hard for down ticket Berniecrats in swing states like Alan Grayson and Tim Canova (Florida), Lucy Flores (Nevada) and Russ Feingold (Wisconsin). This will not only help those important candidates and sore a continuing movement, but also boost Bernie and depress Hillary's numbers in opinion polls ahead of the convention.
Raise awareness of Hillary's criminality from the email scandal.
Get a huge turnout of Bernie supporters at the convention
When the convention comes Bernie still needs to look like a strong candidate.
Remember, there's no possible attack on Hillary that won't be used by the Trump camp, so we may as well try to get Bernie up before the convention." - /u/starheadedcrab
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #117 on: June 07, 2016, 11:37:44 PM »

cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #118 on: June 07, 2016, 11:38:54 PM »

"Tulsi for president! She's our Luke Skywalker and Bernie was Yoda" - /u/plutocracy101
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #119 on: June 07, 2016, 11:39:54 PM »

"So Bernie requested a meeting with Obama at the WH on Thursday. This comes a day after they talked on the phone. I wonder, I really wonder whats up? If Obama requested the meeting I would have a good idea what was up, but with Bernie requesting the meeting makes me believe that the email investigation will certainly be a topic if not the topic." - /u/viper9876
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #120 on: June 07, 2016, 11:40:02 PM »

cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #121 on: June 07, 2016, 11:42:39 PM »

"I think people who are aged 18-30 should have their vote count twice as much because we are the future of this country and we should have a greater say in our future than some old person who will die in like three years time. Just sayin.." - /u/Nebuchadnzr
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #122 on: June 07, 2016, 11:44:42 PM »

"How did he lose by this much in Cali?
More people voted for trump then sanders
Almost Every single person I know out here voted for sanders
This just doesn't add up to me, I don't even support sanders" - /u/theingloriousak2
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #123 on: June 07, 2016, 11:48:22 PM »

Shockingly self-aware:

"We're gonna be THAT sub reddit." - /u/Danvaser

And from the other side of the spectrum:

"Something is wrong. No way on earth it's close in Santa Cruz County. We are the biggest Bernie Bubble in the country." - /u/kbbgg
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #124 on: June 07, 2016, 11:49:28 PM »

"Tulsi for president! She's our Luke Skywalker and Bernie was Yoda" - /u/plutocracy101

BAHAHAHAHA
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies