Ralph Nader is a racist bigot
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:48:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Ralph Nader is a racist bigot
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Ralph Nader is a racist bigot  (Read 2738 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 06, 2016, 11:05:30 PM »

https://twitter.com/HeerJeet/status/739968238134513664/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 11:14:16 PM »

The sentiments he is expressing are real, whether they are wrong or not. Archie Bunker, who was supposed to be a stereotypical parody of a a bigot, wouldn't be allowed on TV these days. I'm surprised the same #CancelColbert movement hasn't turned on Eric Cartman.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2016, 11:18:05 PM »

This is truly one of the greatest problems in America and why me and Nader are #AllLiberalAllTheTime
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2016, 11:19:24 PM »

Nobody cares what Ralph Dubya Nader thinks.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2016, 11:22:57 PM »

The sentiments he is expressing are real, whether they are wrong or not. Archie Bunker, who was supposed to be a stereotypical parody of a a bigot, wouldn't be allowed on TV these days. I'm surprised the same #CancelColbert movement hasn't turned on Eric Cartman.

Oh God if they had that would've been quite the dilemma since they suck and sure as hell wouldn't want them attacking something else that sucks hugely.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2016, 11:31:16 PM »
« Edited: June 06, 2016, 11:51:25 PM by Two men say they're Jesus; one of them must be wrong »

Oh God if they had that would've been quite the dilemma since they suck and sure as hell wouldn't want them attacking something else that sucks hugely.

Wait, you don't like it or find it entertaining when two relatively inconsequential things you dislike are attacking each other??
Orthogonian Society Treasurer
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix
E: 0.32, S: 4.78

P
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2016, 11:33:15 PM »

And you're a fairy. Life goes on.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2016, 11:35:03 PM »

This myth is so hilariously debunked that I'm not sure if you are serious. For all we know, Uncle Pat or the Workers World candidate was the one who blew it.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2016, 11:41:15 PM »

He probably didn't phrase it right, but I don't disagree with his end point that people are too sensitive.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2016, 11:43:30 PM »

This myth is so hilariously debunked that I'm not sure if you are serious. For all we know, Uncle Pat or the Workers World candidate was the one who blew it.

There's no debunking. If he wasn't in the race, Gore would've won. Period. Yes, many would not have voted, voted for other third parties, or even voted Bush. But to suggest Gore would not have gained a net ~500 votes or whatever in Florida if he wasn't on the ballot is ludicrous.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2016, 11:45:19 PM »

Wait, you don't like it or find it entertaining when two relatively inconsequential things you dislike are attacking eachother??

Well problem is I always like to take sides. Though yeah you have a point, for example I most certainly enjoyed Donald Trump brutally fighting with the National Review and Republican establishment.
Orthogonian Society Treasurer
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix
E: 0.32, S: 4.78

P
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2016, 11:46:47 PM »

There's no debunking. If he wasn't in the race, Gore would've won. Period. Yes, many would not have voted, voted for other third parties, or even voted Bush. But to suggest Gore would not have gained a net ~500 votes or whatever in Florida if he wasn't on the ballot is ludicrous.

If Gore hadn't been such a garbage candidate, Nader wouldn't have been on the ballot. Not Nader's fault.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2016, 11:57:14 PM »

If Gore hadn't been such a garbage candidate, Nader wouldn't have been on the ballot. Not Nader's fault.

If Nader wasn't an egotistical delusional piece of trash, Bush would never have become president. It is indeed Nader's fault.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2016, 12:11:56 AM »

If Nader wasn't an egotistical delusional piece of trash, Bush would never have become president. It is indeed Nader's fault.

If the election laws in the United States weren't so sh**tty, people wouldn't have to bully an excellent candidate like Ralph Nader to drop out... so that a mediocre candidate like Al Gore could win... to prevent an abominable candidate like GWB.

The tragedy we live in.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2016, 12:28:22 AM »

One thing that I do find strange is how some people treat Nader like a PROGRESSIVE HERO despite the fact that he endorsed Kasich.
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2016, 12:44:39 AM »

Sure, Gore would have won if Nader weren't in.

Gore also would have won if he'd nixed his advisers and actually acted human on TV.

You can't run as a dead fish and not take some of the blame for losing.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2016, 01:10:26 AM »

One thing that I do find strange is how some people treat Nader like a PROGRESSIVE HERO despite the fact that he endorsed Kasich.

I think that blog post was more just for the Republican primaries, as he also has favored Sanders vis a vis Hillary.

The dude is also super-old and bitter now.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2016, 01:12:00 AM »

Except he also endorsed Jim Webb before he dropped out.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2016, 01:14:34 AM »
« Edited: June 07, 2016, 01:17:31 AM by RaphaelDLG »

haha

ETA:  It was back in October of 2014. 

Still think his platform in 2000 is great.  He has a habit of opening his mouth and saying dumb stuff, but his record of advocacy is legendary, and the man probably saved more lives with the whole seat belt thing alone than any of the Prez candidates this year.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2016, 08:15:42 AM »

I don't often agree with Nader, but I liked the interview when read in its entirety. He brings a needed long perspective on organizing and what drives people. It is often missing from many who haven't been engaged for as many decades as Nader.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2016, 08:57:44 AM »

haha

ETA:  It was back in October of 2014. 

Still think his platform in 2000 is great.  He has a habit of opening his mouth and saying dumb stuff, but his record of advocacy is legendary, and the man probably saved more lives with the whole seat belt thing alone than any of the Prez candidates this year.

The idea that Ralph Nader is responsible for seat belts is based on the ridiculous notion that laws mandating them weren't inevitably going to happen anyway, and that auto manufacturers wouldn't install them in cars today even if they weren't mandatory. Which are both absurd.

And no Nader has never been anything but a self-serving egomaniac. The way he ran his 2000 campaign where he specifically targeted swing states (not just campaigning everywhere. analysis has shown that he focused primarily on swing states) is proof of that, as well as his utterly pointless 2004 run which is basically why the Green Party is all but dead today (even though he didn't run as a Green) and his even more pointless 2008 run after >99.5% of the population voted for someone else and yet he somehow thought another campaign was necessary. He is a horrifying individual in every way.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2016, 09:53:04 AM »

Al Gore maybe have been an awful candidate and his campaign team a bunch of inept hacks.
But they were all committed to elect him president, despite their mistakes.
Nader OTOH had explicitly stated that he wanted to hurt Gore, to prevent him from being elected, to make a point about the power of the ignored left.
That's what makes him responsible for what happened in 2000 and for all the death and mayhem brought upon the world by Bush.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2016, 09:59:01 AM »

He didn't say anything bigoted.  He was explaining why people of a certain age and demographic find Trump appealing. Nice try though.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2016, 10:49:44 AM »
« Edited: June 07, 2016, 10:53:10 AM by Siren »

The idea that Ralph Nader is responsible for seat belts is based on the ridiculous notion that laws mandating them weren't inevitably going to happen anyway, and that auto manufacturers wouldn't install them in cars today even if they weren't mandatory. Which are both absurd.

So your argument is that no advocate should ever get credit for helping something come to fruition because someone else will probably do it years later?  That's like saying Isaac Newton shouldn't get credit for inventing calculus because Gottfried Leibniz would have done it too.

Even if you're right that seat belts were "inevitably going to happen," that still ignores all the people's lives who would have been saved between the time that seat belts DID happen and when they would have happened.  Considering how many people get in car accidents each year, that's a lot of people.

Anyway, I agree with shua for the main topic here.  It sounds more like he was making an analysis about American history than giving his personal views.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2016, 12:41:28 PM »

I echo clash's comments in here, which is bizarre and very rare.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies