Democratic Grand Finale Tuesday results thread (1st polls close @8pm ET)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 08:56:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democratic Grand Finale Tuesday results thread (1st polls close @8pm ET)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 ... 47
Author Topic: Democratic Grand Finale Tuesday results thread (1st polls close @8pm ET)  (Read 68263 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #900 on: June 09, 2016, 12:12:25 PM »

Dave Weigel on twitter.

#CAprimary: They counted 6,627 new votes so far today. 3,861 new Clinton votes, 2,766 for Sanders.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #901 on: June 09, 2016, 08:58:51 PM »

Updated California Democratic Primary vote Count:

Since 6/8 early AM when 100% of early Vote-by-Mail (VbM) and same day votes were counted, by my numbers here are the updates:

Out of an additional 130k votes 56.2k Bernie to 74.2k Hillary for a slight increase in Hillary's margins that are overwhelmingly later Vote-by-Mail ballots. (Sbane so far you're looking right on later VbMs)

The overwhelming majority of counties, including most of the key voter population centers have had no updates since election night and there are a huge number of Provisional votes outstanding from same-day votes, as well as extremely large numbers of later VbM ballots still to be counted.

Key highlights of Dem results:

Contra Costa- 28k new votes (39-61 Hillary)
Orange- 15.3k new votes (42-58 Hillary)
San Bernardino- 20.4k new votes (46-54 Hillary)
San Diego- 14.1k new votes (39-61 Hillary)
San Francisco- 19.9k new votes (47-53 Hillary)
Santa Clara- 36k new votes (43-57 Hillary)
Solano- 1k new votes (51-49 Bernie)

Glenn County flips to Sanders (Holmes check off another county on your election prediction map) Wink

A few smaller NorCal counties moving into tossup range (Colusa, Amador) or Bernie increases margins  (Lassen & Sierra)

Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #902 on: June 09, 2016, 09:58:57 PM »

Where do you see those numbers, NOVA? The California SOS site only show an increase of about 50k votes from election night.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #903 on: June 09, 2016, 10:09:24 PM »

Where do you see those numbers, NOVA? The California SOS site only show an increase of about 50k votes from election night.

Been grinding it out from individual county websites... created a spreadsheet Wednesday AM after Monterey and LA got to 100% and been tracking since...

Cal SoS has been extremely slow in updating, but at least a few counties in the Bay Area have been updating regularly, along with some minor updates in urban SoCal and a handful of rural counties.

Am working remotely and part-time the past couple days. so a bit too much free time on my hands I guess.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #904 on: June 09, 2016, 10:21:40 PM »

So basically Bernie won Hollywood, Downtown LA, Koreatown, probably places like Highland Park as well as Studio City, downtown Glendale etc. A little hard to tell from that map of course. Someone have a more detailed precinct map?
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #905 on: June 09, 2016, 10:26:30 PM »

So basically Bernie won Hollywood, Downtown LA, Koreatown, probably places like Highland Park as well as Studio City, downtown Glendale etc. A little hard to tell from that map of course. Someone have a more detailed precinct map?

I wish!!! About to post some data from SF neighborhoods in another thread...
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #906 on: June 09, 2016, 10:33:25 PM »

Here's the official estimate of ballots still to be counted (all parties)

http://elections.cdn.sos.ca.gov/statewide-elections/2016-primary/unprocessed-ballots-report.pdf

The SoS is dependent on individual counties to provide updates to both vote totals and remaining ballots to be processed.  As noted above, individual counties don't regard providing immediate updates to the SoS as particularly vital.

Just taking an educated guess, I'd expect about 1.5 million +/- 200,000 to be counted after election night in the Dem primary.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #907 on: June 09, 2016, 11:34:46 PM »

Just zoom in here.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #908 on: June 09, 2016, 11:39:58 PM »

Just zoom in here.

Nice, thanks.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #909 on: June 09, 2016, 11:45:29 PM »

What are the neighbourhoods outside of UCLA like? The precincts in UCLA are overwhelmingly Sanders, but right outside, they're overwhelmingly Clinton.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #910 on: June 09, 2016, 11:47:57 PM »
« Edited: June 09, 2016, 11:52:36 PM by Sbane »

Some of those precincts on the southeast side of UCLA contain high end condos lined along Wilshire boulevard. Overall that area is very well off. And if you look to the west, along I-10 in Santa Monica Bernie actually won some precincts. Once you go north toward the wealthier areas, especially north of Montana, you start seeing very lopsided Clinton wins.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #911 on: June 10, 2016, 01:21:40 AM »

So also looks like Sanders won San Pedro and South Long Beach, as well as Long Beach in general...

Explanations???
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #912 on: June 10, 2016, 01:46:22 AM »

Sanders won essentially all of Palms, LA, which is fairly diverse (only 38% white) but very young, fairly educated, and fairly dense.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #913 on: June 10, 2016, 05:51:47 AM »
« Edited: June 10, 2016, 05:56:00 AM by Sbane »

So also looks like Sanders won San Pedro and South Long Beach, as well as Long Beach in general...

Explanations???

Long Beach makes sense. It's got a hipster vibe to it without being too expensive. More like Hollywood than Santa Monica. San Pedro is full of working class dockworkers. Primarily a Latino neighborhood but also with whites and blacks. They live right at the foot of the Palos Verdes peninsula where they get to look upon the multi million dollar homes of the rich. I guess Bernie's message of income inequality played well there.

Looks like Bernie did decently well in Wilmington as well which is also close to Palos Verdes, full of dockworkers, and even more Latino and working class than San Pedro.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #914 on: June 10, 2016, 05:59:52 AM »

Explanations???

Long Beach makes sense. It's got a hipster vibe to it without being too expensive. More like Hollywood than Santa Monica. San Pedro is full of working class dockworkers. Primarily a Latino neighborhood but also with whites and blacks. They live right at the foot of the Palos Verdes peninsula where they get to look upon the multi million dollar homes of the rich. I guess Bernie's message of income inequality played well there.

That's very poetic. Cheesy
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #915 on: June 10, 2016, 11:31:21 AM »

It seems that late votes are favorable to Hillary. I thought the opposite was supposed to happen.

@daveweigel

Latest count of new ballots in CA: 42,445 for Clinton, 30,664 for Sanders.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #916 on: June 10, 2016, 11:42:37 AM »

Nah, it makes sense. In terms of favorable to Hillary, it should be early mail-in votes -> late mail-in votes -> election day votes -> provisional ballots.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #917 on: June 10, 2016, 12:04:27 PM »

Nah, it makes sense. In terms of favorable to Hillary, it should be early mail-in votes -> late mail-in votes -> election day votes -> provisional ballots.

I remember the talk about how late mail votes favored Sanders in Washington and Oregon and were expected to do the same in California.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #918 on: June 10, 2016, 12:08:35 PM »

I remember the talk about how late mail votes favored Sanders in Washington and Oregon and were expected to do the same in California.

Only because Washington and Oregon don't have in-person election day voting. The type of people who send their ballots late in WA and OR (and we're talking election day late) are the types in CA who would just vote in-person.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #919 on: June 10, 2016, 12:33:44 PM »

So it looks like we won't be getting an extremely late Sanders surge in California.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #920 on: June 10, 2016, 12:41:00 PM »

So any idea generally how election offices in most counties in California count these... do they generally wait to do provisionals last until they validate that people that requested VbMs didn't have a providional?
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #921 on: June 10, 2016, 12:43:26 PM »

VBM ballots received before the election > Election day vote > VBM ballots received latter > provisionals.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #922 on: June 10, 2016, 01:03:49 PM »

I do believe they count provisionals only after all main-in votes have been counted, right? So I'd expect Clinton's margin to expand after all main-in votes are counted, then it should tighten a bit again after counting whichever provisionals they ultimately end up counting. But I believe this whole process will take quite a few weeks.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #923 on: June 10, 2016, 03:36:15 PM »

Here is the latest tally according to California's SoS.

Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #924 on: June 10, 2016, 04:29:08 PM »

I do believe they count provisionals only after all main-in votes have been counted, right? So I'd expect Clinton's margin to expand after all main-in votes are counted, then it should tighten a bit again after counting whichever provisionals they ultimately end up counting. But I believe this whole process will take quite a few weeks.
There's not really any rush.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 ... 47  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies