Post-mortem: Did Sanders run a good campaign? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:46:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Post-mortem: Did Sanders run a good campaign? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: -skip-
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 111

Author Topic: Post-mortem: Did Sanders run a good campaign?  (Read 3261 times)
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« on: June 08, 2016, 06:04:36 AM »

No. Saying that she was not qualified to be President when no one outside the looney left (like the Young Turks and jfern) questioned her qualifications was pathetic.

His failure to lead on the Nevada Caucus Convention debacle was equally troubling. His response that he doesn't condone violence but understood the frustration was basically giving his supporters a pass for their bohemian antics.

Finally, his insistence on giving her more bruises even though the primary was over after March was very unbecoming of a serious presidential candidate.

Furthermore, his hypocrisy on a number of issues upset me. First, he made it his goal to attack her as a corrupt Wall Street corporatist. If someone really felt that way, wouldn't he rule out being on the ticket with her as vice president since she's so corrupt and too close to Wall Street? Secondly, he talked about how the system is rigged and how the establishment is cheating and how "the people's voices aren't being heard" and how the superdelegates should be eliminated from the primary process in future elections, but now he is the one who is depending upon those very superdelegates whom he wants to get rid of to be "persuaded" (bullied) into changing their minds, which would ultimately go against the will of the voters seeing as how she has won more states numerically and is comfortably ahead in the popular vote and pledged delegates. Since he made the decision to run as a Democrat, he should have respected the party rules more.

Yes, he did much better than anyone would have predicted a year ago and he brought a lot of new voters into the party. I admire his passion, and maybe in the next few days he will do the right thing and "be a good team player," but if I had to grade his campaign, I'd give it a C+.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies