What are you currently listening to? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:11:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What are you currently listening to? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What are you currently listening to?  (Read 2726 times)
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« on: June 13, 2016, 01:26:31 AM »

I somehow just heard "Friday i'm love" by the Cure for the first time a few hours ago.  It's the kind of jangly power pop that's right up my thoroughly musically plebeian alley.

The song is a bordeline cutesy-happy ode to the joy of Friday/the weekend as a brief respite from the sh**ttiness of life exploiting the convenience of also simultaneously doing a love song (sung by a decidedly UN-CUTESY British man), but the thing that really gets me about the song is that despite the fact that the song is otherwise so happy, the winding new wave guitar riff adds what seems like a really bittersweet tinge to me, though I can't quite put my finger on how so.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2016, 10:45:30 AM »

I somehow just heard "Friday i'm love" by the Cure for the first time a few hours ago.  It's the kind of jangly power pop that's right up my thoroughly musically plebeian alley.

The song is a bordeline cutesy-happy ode to the joy of Friday/the weekend as a brief respite from the sh**ttiness of life exploiting the convenience of also simultaneously doing a love song (sung by a decidedly UN-CUTESY British man), but the thing that really gets me about the song is that despite the fact that the song is otherwise so happy, the winding new wave guitar riff adds what seems like a really bittersweet tinge to me, though I can't quite put my finger on how so.
Have you listened to anything else by the Cure?

I haven't.  Any recommendations?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies