Do you have any sympathy for Brock Turner?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:48:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Do you have any sympathy for Brock Turner?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Do you have any sympathy for Brock Turner?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 52

Author Topic: Do you have any sympathy for Brock Turner?  (Read 2844 times)
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2016, 01:37:40 PM »

What I don't understand is if you're attending a very prestigious university on a swimming scholarship with the potential to represent your county at the f'ing Olympics, why are you resorting to assaulting women behind dumpsters? Getting dates and consensual sex should be the easiest thing ever. And blaming the whole incident on alcohol is pretty ridiculous - the worst booze should do is make you embarrassingly hit on people you normally wouldn't, not rape unconscious people behind dumpsters.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2016, 01:49:44 PM »

What I don't understand is if you're attending a very prestigious university on a swimming scholarship with the potential to represent your county at the f'ing Olympics, why are you resorting to assaulting women behind dumpsters? Getting dates and consensual sex should be the easiest thing ever. And blaming the whole incident on alcohol is pretty ridiculous - the worst booze should do is make you embarrassingly hit on people you normally wouldn't, not rape unconscious people behind dumpsters.

Seriously.  I've been way more blacked out than this little bltch and I've never wanted to rape anyone.  Blaming it on alcohol took it to a whole other level regarding how terribly delusional and self-absorbed this rapist is.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2016, 02:20:23 PM »

Rape isn't about sex. it's about power exchange and control. It's a lot less risky to hire a prostitute and hell even legal in some places, but that doesn't eliminate rape.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2016, 10:06:36 PM »

Why would anyone have sympathy for him?
hedgehogshuffle33
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2016, 11:07:48 PM »

I might be able to muster some up if he acknowledge what he did and apologized. But now – no.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2016, 12:34:23 PM »

I might feel a shred of sympathy for him if he were getting the death penalty or something like that. But as it stands, he's a horrible rapist, and he's not getting anywhere near as severe a punishment as he should. No sympathy from me.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies