Do you have any sympathy for Brock Turner? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:05:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Do you have any sympathy for Brock Turner? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you have any sympathy for Brock Turner?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 52

Author Topic: Do you have any sympathy for Brock Turner?  (Read 2825 times)
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« on: June 08, 2016, 10:35:17 PM »

Short answer: absolutely not.  He raped an innocent girl and had the audacity to act like this situation was unfair to him.  I actually saw a very good Facebook comment making the point that Brock Turner was brought to believe he could have whatever and whomever he wanted because he's a pampered little piece of shlt, and being drunk only unlocked that thought; it didn't cause him to have that narcissistic belief.

Could you spin it that I do even a little? ... I guess??  As our maroon Australian pointed out, I could probably find SOME sympathy for anyone at a certain point (when Adolf Hitler was in the middle of being skinned alive and screaming in agonizing pain, I might find myself saying "OKAY, okay, let's kill him a more humane way this is just sick!"), but GOD it's hard to feel sorry for Brock Turner.  I might feel sorry for his parents if I weren't led to believe that they definitely enabled him to be the self-absorbed prick he is today, but him?  For me, personally, raping someone is just about as bad as it gets.  It's barbaric, cruel ... it's just unimaginable. Sad  And at the end of the day, he raped an innocent girl who was out partying with her little sister.  That could have been tons of great girls that I know, and that thought is horrifying.

He deserves a hell of a lot more than what he got.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 01:49:44 PM »

What I don't understand is if you're attending a very prestigious university on a swimming scholarship with the potential to represent your county at the f'ing Olympics, why are you resorting to assaulting women behind dumpsters? Getting dates and consensual sex should be the easiest thing ever. And blaming the whole incident on alcohol is pretty ridiculous - the worst booze should do is make you embarrassingly hit on people you normally wouldn't, not rape unconscious people behind dumpsters.

Seriously.  I've been way more blacked out than this little bltch and I've never wanted to rape anyone.  Blaming it on alcohol took it to a whole other level regarding how terribly delusional and self-absorbed this rapist is.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies