Do you have any sympathy for Brock Turner? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:07:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Do you have any sympathy for Brock Turner? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you have any sympathy for Brock Turner?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 52

Author Topic: Do you have any sympathy for Brock Turner?  (Read 2807 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« on: June 09, 2016, 02:27:16 AM »

Trust me, sMilo isn't trolling here.  Not believing in punishment is a pretty longstanding belief of his.

He's a bleeding heart, but he's our bleeding heart. Tongue

I think his heart is in the right place, but I also think his view on the crime/punishment ratio is way unbalanced. People have to share this world with each other, and unfortunately humans can be very flawed creatures in some ways. Adequate punishment is a deterrence but also a manifestation of distrust. Society cannot trust a rapist to be on the streets. The judge is there to decide how long until we can give them another chance, and possibly additional measures post-release. I do think there is a good debate on how long, and important to myself - what they do while incarcerated. I believe we should truly try to rehabilitate, but that's for another discussion. The same thing applies to other crimes.

As for the topic / sympathy for the rapist - I just don't feel any sympathy for him or others like him. I'd only be lying if I said I did.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies