Describe a Perry 2010/Cruz 2012/Clinton 2016 Hispanic Texan voter
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:23:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Describe a Perry 2010/Cruz 2012/Clinton 2016 Hispanic Texan voter
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Describe a Perry 2010/Cruz 2012/Clinton 2016 Hispanic Texan voter  (Read 624 times)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 08, 2016, 10:34:02 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=238115.0

As you can tell, a majority of Atlasians who participated here believe Trump will receive under three-quarters of Cruz's performance among Hispanics. Could someone explain this belief to me?

Cruz 2012:
You must be logged in to read this quote.
http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/politics/2012/07/18/ted-cruz-puts-dewhurst-on-defensive-in-final-debate-before-texas-primary-runoff/
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2016, 06:54:55 AM »

Latina Republican not really turned off by anti illegal immigration policies but offended by Trump's racist statements/peer pressured by her family/friends to oppose him
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2016, 12:47:38 PM »

Latina Republican not really turned off by anti illegal immigration policies but offended by Trump's racist statements/peer pressured by her family/friends to oppose him
Is that 15-20% of Hispanics in Texas?
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2016, 08:12:54 PM »

Oh, I was just brainstorming, I skimmed the OP.  I will say that 1) that's a real phenomenon, what I described and 2) among Hispanic REPUBLICANS Trump has lower favorables than Clinton/Sanders.  That's probably what it would look like, except not just women.  15% is too low, but it will be significantly worse than Cruz.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2016, 10:15:53 PM »

Illegal immigration is a separate issue from race baiting against Hispanics to get votes. The former, a lot of assimilated, Republican Hispanics wouldn't care about or even oppose and support policies like a wall. The latter on the other hand, I just don't see how any Hispanic would be ok with that.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2016, 04:25:59 PM »

Illegal immigration is a separate issue from race baiting against Hispanics to get votes. The former, a lot of assimilated, Republican Hispanics wouldn't care about or even oppose and support policies like a wall. The latter on the other hand, I just don't see how any Hispanic would be ok with that.
Cruz race baited as much as Trump is to defeat Dewhurst in the primaries.
Kleine Scheiße
PeteHam
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.16, S: -1.74

P P

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2016, 05:12:25 PM »

One thing is for certain, they're a neocon on foreign policy.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies