What Does Malloy Do in 2018?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:06:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  What Does Malloy Do in 2018?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Run and Win

Run and Lose

Retire

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 30

Author Topic: What Does Malloy Do in 2018?  (Read 2176 times)
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 08, 2016, 11:49:49 PM »

I personally hope for the second for the sheer catharsis of it. Ideally against Stewart. Maybe McKinney. But what will he ACTUALLY do?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 11:59:13 PM »

It depends. He and Murphy could trade jobs, or he and Himes could trade jobs. Or he could run for House, Himes for Senate, and Murphy for Governor. The most likely scenario is he and Himes just trade jobs.

I vote retire.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2016, 09:59:31 AM »

He'll probably retire shortly after being named Clinton's HUD or Transportation Secretary.
JMT

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2016, 10:14:29 AM »

He'll probably retire shortly after being named Clinton's HUD or Transportation Secretary.

I agree, I think it is likely Malloy gets a job in the Clinton Cabinet (not sure which one, but I agree that HUD or Transportation Secretary are possibilities). Malloy sees the writing on the wall (that he's highly unpopular in CT) so I think he'd be more than willing to accept a job in the Clinton administration. If Hillary chooses him right after she's elected, Malloy would have to resign as Governor, making his Lt. Gov (Nancy Wyman) the Governor of CT, serving out the last two years of his term. So that would also change the 2018 race, I'm not sure if Wyman would run for a full term for herself, or if she'd be able to clear the field / who else would run.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2016, 11:07:27 AM »

Hope he gets a cabinet spot - I wouldn't want to see him lose to Herbst or Stewart or anyone.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2016, 11:17:05 AM »

I voted retire, though I expect he'll switch jobs with Himes.

Is Erin Stewart considering running for Governor in 2018? By the time 2018 rolls around, she will be 31 and have been Mayor of New Britain for five years.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2016, 11:19:35 AM »

Hopefully he runs and loses.  By far the worst governor in the country.  He's doing to Connecticut what Jennifer Granholm did to Michigan, and he deserves to lose for it.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2016, 11:40:41 AM »

Hopefully he runs and loses.  By far the worst governor in the country.  He's doing to Connecticut what Jennifer Granholm did to Michigan, and he deserves to lose for it.

Jennifer Grahholm was amazing. You should be grateful. Wink

"In Romney's world, the cars get the elevator and the workers get the shaft!"
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2016, 02:32:28 PM »

Malloy could probably run and win again, but I agree he probably ends up in Clinton's cabinet.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2016, 03:05:08 PM »

I wanted to make fun of you for misspelling O'Malley, but I see what is it about.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2016, 06:28:27 PM »

Malloy could probably run and win again, but I agree he probably ends up in Clinton's cabinet.

Too bad it won't exist
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2016, 06:46:08 PM »

The people of Connecticut will reelect their hero Dan the Man!
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2016, 07:05:20 PM »

I didn't know he could run. Yeah, he'll probably retire unless his numbers miraculously improve.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2016, 08:33:45 PM »

I know from some good friends in the CT Dem Party that there is a 0.00% chance he runs for reelection.
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2016, 10:47:49 AM »

Hopefully lose.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2016, 12:11:56 PM »

Grateful for what?  The highest unemployment rate in the country?  Tax increases on job creators?  Losing over half a million people between 2005 and 2010 who moved out of state to find jobs?  If that's what you consider "amazing," then you probably need your head examined.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2016, 12:37:00 PM »

Grateful for what?  The highest unemployment rate in the country?  Tax increases on job creators?  Losing over half a million people between 2005 and 2010 who moved out of state to find jobs?  If that's what you consider "amazing," then you probably need your head examined.

For this:

https://youtu.be/8QZPnPQhjh8
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2016, 06:12:42 PM »

Too bad it won't exist

You're that confident that Trump will win?

Anyway, Malloy isn't exactly popular, but he shouldn't be underestimated. He could certainly run again and win, but I think he'll either get a cabinet position or retire.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2016, 11:27:02 AM »

Too bad it won't exist

Anyway, Malloy isn't exactly popular, but he shouldn't be underestimated. He could certainly run again and win, but I think he'll either get a cabinet position or retire.

I don't understand how anyone can be confident that Trump will win. He has been losing in the vast majority of polls since he jumped into the race. Even McCain/Romney performed better over the course of the 14 - 18 months heading into the election. Not only has Trump lost in most of these polls, but he was losing by landslide margins only a couple months ago.

Combined with the disgusting nature of his campaign and his numerous negative attributes / rhetoric against minorities, the only way anyone could be "sure" that he'd win is if they were going entirely by their gut, using zero data to back up their assertion.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2016, 11:43:59 AM »

Too bad it won't exist

I don't understand how anyone can be confident that Trump will win. He has been losing in the vast majority of polls since he jumped into the race. Even McCain/Romney performed better over the course of the 14 - 18 months heading into the election. Not only has Trump lost in most of these polls, but he was losing by landslide margins only a couple months ago.

Combined with the disgusting nature of his campaign and his numerous negative attributes / rhetoric against minorities, the only way anyone could be "sure" that he'd win is if they were going entirely by their gut, using zero data to back up their assertion.

Right. There are still 5 months until the election and during that time a lot of things can change, so predicting a winner now would be without any basis, especially in such a weird political year.

Of course Trump can win, but given all factors, if he does, it will be close.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies