Kasich signs medical marijuana bill.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:11:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Kasich signs medical marijuana bill.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Kasich signs medical marijuana bill.  (Read 838 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2016, 12:29:11 PM »

Another MMJ bill that prohibits smoking and only allows oils or edibles to be sold, so no actual plant material. Honestly, that is so stupid and a cop-out that lawmakers (particularly Republicans) have latched on to. Why continue to prohibit smoking? This is just another remnant of "stupid tough on crime" views. I will give this bill credit for the decent "accepted conditions" list and some other things, but still, they watering these bills down for no good reason at all.

I really can't wait for boomers to be marginalized in politics as Millennials take over. We can finally start doing the things these old farts are too stubborn to do.

Well this is an actual medical Marijuana bill rather than a backdoor legalization, so yes.

I just have strong opinions about drug laws in general, so when I see lawmakers only allowing oils or what have you, and only for very specific conditions, it does annoy me. Granted, Ohio's bill is more accommodating than a lot of others. I think a fair number of states only gave in to the oils-only measures, specifically for seizure, due to public pressure. But they are not the kind of medical marijuana bills groups have been fighting for nor really the kind the public perceives as medical marijuana. In a way, those bills serve as a way for lawmakers to claim they support / implemented medical marijuana without actually doing much about it, hence why I call them sham bills.

Do you mean backdoor legalization like California? I do agree that their system was far too exploitable and almost serves as a pseudo-legalization measure as so many doctors just hand out prescriptions/licenses to use marijuana for almost any "condition" you put forth. From headaches to "having trouble sleeping", lol. They should have just legalized it if they were going to allow all that. However, I do hope whatever legalization measure passes in November.

RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2016, 02:00:54 PM »

Someone good with Photoshop should make a chop of kasich with sunglasses and bling with the pot leaf symbol on it and snoop dogg and lil Wayne by his side

Sorry, this is the most I'm willing to do. If I could get Blingee to work on my computer, the rest would be easy to add to it.

I take back everything mean I ever said about him.  Looks like a cool dude.  FF.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies