Kasich signs medical marijuana bill.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:15:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Kasich signs medical marijuana bill.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Kasich signs medical marijuana bill.  (Read 837 times)
Angel of Death
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 09, 2016, 02:20:04 PM »

I wonder if it would have made a difference if he still had a shot at the nomination at this point.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2016, 02:33:51 PM »

Source?
Angel of Death
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2016, 02:37:49 PM »

Take your pick.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2016, 05:50:29 PM »

Another MMJ bill that prohibits smoking and only allows oils or edibles to be sold, so no actual plant material. Honestly, that is so stupid and a cop-out that lawmakers (particularly Republicans) have latched on to. Why continue to prohibit smoking? This is just another remnant of "stupid tough on crime" views. I will give this bill credit for the decent "accepted conditions" list and some other things, but still, they watering these bills down for no good reason at all.

I really can't wait for boomers to be marginalized in politics as Millennials take over. We can finally start doing the things these old farts are too stubborn to do.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2016, 09:18:06 PM »

Good. This is exactly the type of regulated, civilized medical marijuana bill that I support. Let's see how it works in practice.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2016, 09:21:06 PM »

Good, I think my opinion of Kasich grew throughout the campaign.
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2016, 09:42:36 PM »

My hero.

He should have been the nominee instead of Generalissimo Donaldo Trump
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2016, 11:47:11 PM »

Another MMJ bill that prohibits smoking and only allows oils or edibles to be sold, so no actual plant material. Honestly, that is so stupid and a cop-out that lawmakers (particularly Republicans) have latched on to. Why continue to prohibit smoking? This is just another remnant of "stupid tough on crime" views. I will give this bill credit for the decent "accepted conditions" list and some other things, but still, they watering these bills down for no good reason at all.

This. Marijuana shouldn't even be against the law in the first place.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2016, 02:15:58 AM »

I really can't wait for boomers to be marginalized in politics as Millennials take over. We can finally start doing the things these old farts are too stubborn to do.

Overlooking Generation X?
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2016, 12:50:51 PM »

Overlooking Generation X?

probably
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2016, 12:52:00 PM »

very glad he did this.  It's not perfect but it's a start.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2016, 01:01:37 PM »

Good, I think my opinion of Kasich grew throughout the campaign.

Atlas's transition on Kasich over the past year has been hilarious:

"JOHN KASICH Green heart MY FAVORITE POLITICIAN EVER! MODERATE HEROISM AND SANE REPUBLICANS FTW!"

"UGH KASICH IS SO F**KING ANNOYING WACKY WAVING INFLATABLE TUBE MAN SUCH A LOW ENERGY OVERRATED LOSER HE WON'T CRACK 1% NOBODY LIKES HIM HE'S THE WORST"

"eh, he's ok"
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2016, 01:11:03 PM »

I almost thought you make this up.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2016, 01:09:55 PM »
« Edited: June 12, 2016, 08:50:06 AM by Simfan34 »

Well this is an actual medical Marijuana bill rather than a backdoor legalization, so yes.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2016, 10:22:09 PM »

Good. This is exactly the type of regulated, civilized medical marijuana bill that I support. Let's see how it works in practice.

You know medical marijuana has been working out fine in other states right?

Full-on legalization has been working here too by the way.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2016, 10:25:45 PM »

Someone good with Photoshop should make a chop of kasich with sunglasses and bling with the pot leaf symbol on it and snoop dogg and lil Wayne by his side
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2016, 10:28:53 PM »

"Working", if you mean moral relativism. I fully support regulated medical marijuana (similar to the Canadian model), but I am firmly opposed to full legalization or backdoor legalization like they have in California on moral grounds.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2016, 10:40:34 PM »

"Working", if you mean moral relativism. I fully support regulated medical marijuana (similar to the Canadian model), but I am firmly opposed to full legalization or backdoor legalization like they have in California on moral grounds.

Do you also support prohibition of alcohol?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2016, 12:11:12 AM »

Just an fyi,  i heard directly from my state representative that the reason they passed this was overwhelmingly to avoid a more expansive version , possibly outright legalization , being passed by initiative in November . as the major legalization organizations have pulled out of the state, it seems to have worked.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2016, 01:11:04 AM »

Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2016, 02:06:38 AM »

That makes me a Republican as well?
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2016, 02:15:36 AM »

I think if you genuinely believe that marijuana should be used only for medical uses because it is 1) harmful and/or 2) sinful, than you should oppose alcohol as well, as it is in significant quantities way worse for your health and the health of others. 

It's just that alcohol is a part of our culture so it's encouraged rather than taboo (I would say wrongfully, at least to it's current extent in our culture of binge drinking/drinking because we are bored) .

(FYI:  I'm a proponent of decriminalizing/taxing both.)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2016, 08:51:54 AM »

I'd preferably ban both marijuana and tobacco, actually.

Just an fyi,  i heard directly from my state representative that the reason they passed this was overwhelmingly to avoid a more expansive version , possibly outright legalization , being passed by initiative in November . as the major legalization organizations have pulled out of the state, it seems to have worked.

So basically the marijuana version of civil unions? I can get behind this.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2016, 09:01:33 AM »

Someone good with Photoshop should make a chop of kasich with sunglasses and bling with the pot leaf symbol on it and snoop dogg and lil Wayne by his side

I remember I Photoshopped John Hickenlooper onto a background of marijuana leaves when he admitted to smoking weed in college. I'd be willing to do this too.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2016, 10:34:56 AM »

Sorry, this is the most I'm willing to do. If I could get Blingee to work on my computer, the rest would be easy to add to it.

Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies