Special Nod to Hillary
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:13:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Special Nod to Hillary
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Special Nod to Hillary  (Read 2566 times)
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 09, 2016, 11:15:26 PM »

I'm listening to some inspiring music right now and had a thought about Hillary. No matter what anyone says about her in a negative way, she has overcome great odds to get where she's at inside the moment.

A female who has been fighting for children and women all her adult life, someone who has been building relationships over the years in politics, someone who is supremely smart, someone who has tremendous resilience....

Can you imagine with all the negative stuff thrown at her forever by all factions of society, that she is still standing strong? And look where she's at.... Does anyone believe that Trump could have withstood all the spears and arrows that Hillary has had to endure?

And you can believe she is "corrupt" all you want, or a "liar" or an "enabler" or all those other words we always hear to describe her, she is one hell of a strong female, and she just shattered one big glass ceiling for all the rest of the females in the country.

I would like the Bernie disenchanted to look at Hillary in a different light, one that can see the accomplishments this female has made through the years. What Hillary has done will help all females coming along the trail behind her, and also society as a whole.

I salute Hillary.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2016, 11:26:05 PM »

Jill Stein isn't a lying neoliberal hawk under FBI investigation. I think she could make a good first female President.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2016, 11:28:54 PM »

Yeah, she's just an anti-vaccine, anti-GMO, anti-science attention seeker. Inspiring. But it's not surprise you would support someone like that jfern, you've shown yourself to be totally out of touch with reality this past year anyway. Sad!
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2016, 11:29:08 PM »

Jill Stein isn't a lying neoliberal hawk under FBI investigation. I think she could make a good first female President.

Would you consider voting for Trump?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2016, 11:30:51 PM »

Would you consider voting for Trump?

Well, he's a liar too.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2016, 11:33:47 PM »

Yeah, she's just an anti-vaccine, anti-GMO, anti-science attention seeker. Inspiring. But it's not surprise you would support someone like that jfern, you've shown yourself to be totally out of touch with reality this past year anyway. Sad!

I don't see anything of her being anti vaccine. 64 countries already have GMO labeling.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2016, 11:34:05 PM »

Do you even think she could handle that job? I don't. She's an activist / purist. Those people are extremely risky to put into the White House, especially if they have no real experience in government at all. She would find herself having to make tough decisions that she wouldn't be able to stomach. Her presidency would be a train wreck, even if it was caused by good intentions.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2016, 11:34:54 PM »

Do you even think she could handle that job? I don't. She's an activist / purist. Those people are extremely risky to put into the White House, especially if they have no real experience in government at all. She would find herself having to make tough decisions that she wouldn't be able to stomach. Her presidency would be a train wreck, even if it was caused by good intentions.

While it would be better if she had more experience, she wouldn't be worse than Hillary or Trump.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2016, 11:37:33 PM »

While it would be better if she had more experience, she wouldn't be worse than Hillary or Trump.

Oh please jfern. Hillary may make decisions you don't like and have questionable character, but she has a lot of experience relevant to this. Stein has nothing. I don't think Stein could handle that amount of pressure. She would snap like a twig.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2016, 10:42:09 PM »

Gee, this thread turned out to be about Jill Stein.

Anyway, I wanted to bump this thread up again just to reiterate that Hillary has done a good job of garnering the "presumptive nominee" status of the Dem party.

Doesn't look as though I got any Bernie disenchanteds to post here. It's a shame that so many of them have bought into the hype about Hillary, but if you compare her to Bernie, Hillary is truly the uniter, not Bernie. Bernie is a maverick who goes his own way. Bernie has some good ideas but Hillary is the one who has the majority of the Dem party backing her.

I look forward to watching her in the coming months and also after she becomes President. It's time we had a female for President and it's the perfect time for it. Some people are going for "anti-establishment" candidates, and if you think about it, who can be more anti-establishment than a female?

Females Rock!
amdcpus
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2016, 10:45:01 PM »

Anyway, I wanted to bump this thread up again just to reiterate that Hillary has done a good job of garnering the "presumptive nominee" status of the Dem party.

Doesn't look as though I got any Bernie disenchanteds to post here. It's a shame that so many of them have bought into the hype about Hillary, but if you compare her to Bernie, Hillary is truly the uniter, not Bernie. Bernie is a maverick who goes his own way. Bernie has some good ideas but Hillary is the one who has the majority of the Dem party backing her.

I look forward to watching her in the coming months and also after she becomes President. It's time we had a female for President and it's the perfect time for it. Some people are going for "anti-establishment" candidates, and if you think about it, who can be more anti-establishment than a female?

Females Rock!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tor00iWUhDQ
hedgehogshuffle33
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2016, 10:47:23 PM »

I saw an interesting post recently about how people used to criticize her for leaning too far left. Now she's too far right, changes her mind too much, wears too expensive suits. I can't imagine that many decades in the public eye.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2016, 11:19:15 PM »

I have to admit that Hillary has taken a lot over the years and has survived, but keep in mind most of the problems she has have been self inflicted.
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2016, 11:43:25 PM »
« Edited: June 11, 2016, 12:10:14 AM by Chickenhawk »

I was listening to a merry tune upon the fiddle in the tavern last night, and had a chance to reflect on my great respect for Senator John Calhoun. That man has spent so much of his life fighting for true liberties and states rights, and has had so much flung at him from all Sections of this Republic but his own!

He is a fellow worthy of much admiration not just due to his politeness of manner, his eloquence of argument, and his incisive wit, but also for his resilience. Does anyone believe that if that devil Jackson had to endure what Calhoun has, he would be here today?

Moral, kids: People aren't good forces in politics just because they stick around in power.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2016, 11:51:15 PM »

Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2016, 12:03:22 AM »

Sometimes you Hillary folks are more cult-y than the Bernie bots
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2016, 01:15:57 AM »

If Hillary gets elected President you can be sure that she is going to give a lot of focus to women's issues. Just sayin' be prepared. Already there is an article on her speech to Planned Parenthood:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.npr.org/2016/06/10/481581448/clinton-trump-kick-off-general-election-with-very-different-pitches-to-their-bas

Speaking as a female who has long felt left out of the political system, I'd be so glad to have Hillary as President. It would be a breath of fresh air to have a President who understand women's issues as well as she does.

And that's just one thing I like about her among many areas.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2016, 01:34:29 AM »

If Hillary gets elected President you can be sure that she is going to give a lot of focus to women's issues. Just sayin' be prepared. Already there is an article on her speech to Planned Parenthood:

http://www.npr.org/2016/06/10/481581448/clinton-trump-kick-off-general-election-with-very-different-pitches-to-their-bas

Speaking as a female who has long felt left out of the political system, I'd be so glad to have Hillary as President. It would be a breath of fresh air to have a President who understand women's issues as well as she does.

So we'll get more restrictions on late term abortions?

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/03/hillary-clinton-late-term-abortions
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2016, 01:16:18 PM »

Females Rock!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tor00iWUhDQ

Since when did Hillary, who was born in Chicago and raised in IL, have such a pronounced Southern Accent?
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2016, 01:27:30 PM »

Nice article.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2016, 01:46:19 PM »

Hopefully. Third trimester abortions should be (and are, despite what Republicans believe) extremely rare.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2016, 02:35:53 PM »

This.

With all sympathy, Stein know nothing about how the government operates. For all her flaws, Hillary is no stranger to the environment.
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2016, 02:43:52 PM »

So?

This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2016, 02:58:41 PM »

I'm listening to some inspiring music right now and had a thought about TRUMP. No matter how any cucks try to claim he's racist, he has overcome great odds to get where he has, and only start with a million dollars from his father.

A man who has been teaching the Art of the Deal all his life, someone who is a true outsider and cannot be bought by corrupt politicians, someone who has a good brain, and let me tell you, he has a great brain, someone who has tremendous resilience against filthy SJWs protesting at his conventions...

Can you imagine with all the negative stuff thrown at him by the Democratic SJW commies and the Republican cuckservatives, that the TRUMP TRAIN is still going full speed ahead? And look where he's at.... Does anyone believe that Crooked Hillary, Crazy Bernie, or Lying Ted could have withstood all the spears and arrows that TRUMP has had to endure?

And you can believe he is "racist" all you want, or a "misogynist" or a "bully" or all those other words we always hear to describe him, he is one hell of a strong man, and he just shattered the notion that only politicians can be president.

I would like the Bernie disenchanted to look at TRUMP in a different light, one that can see the accomplishments this man has made through the years fighting for maybe one or two issues he agrees with Crazy Bernie on. What TRUMP has done will help all white men in America, and also a small part of society.

I salute TRUMP.
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2016, 06:55:32 PM »

Since when did Hillary, who was born in Chicago and raised in IL, have such a pronounced Southern Accent?
She's a great mimic. There is a great speech when she is addressing a NAACP convention and channeling Sojourner Truth.

It is a trick to empathize with the audience.

Someone from Texas will react negatively to Bernie Sanders, with his angry Brooklyn accent; while those in New York will cringe at Ted Cruz. Hillary can fake either, depending on where she is at.

There is a radio host in Houston who at one time was a DJ at a strip club in Chicago. Somehow he was assigned the job of interviewing prospective strippers. He was told if interviewing someone from the suburbs to use his honkiest of white accents, and if interviewing someone from the South Side to switch to more Ebonics, and if they were from the South to switch to a drawl.

When Bill Clinton lost his re-election bid in 1980, some suggested that some voters had been turned off by his Yankee wife. She probably learned to adapt after that.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies