War supporters, have you signed up?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:57:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  War supporters, have you signed up?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: Well?
Yes, I have enlisted

I'm a member of the 101st Fighting Keyboardists

I'm too young

I'm anti-war

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 39

Author Topic: War supporters, have you signed up?  (Read 10264 times)
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2005, 11:43:27 PM »

I've thought about it, as of now benefits aren't good enough for me to do it as a career, I'm also afriad of someone cutting my pay etc etc (democrat or republican)

However, if this country were ever in a bad position and a draft was needed, I would join instead of waiting.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2005, 11:53:18 PM »

3 and 4
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2005, 12:24:57 AM »

Acctually, I am considering working for the Internaitonal Republican Institute after I graduate.  So, basically, I will be in war torn foriegn countries, helping to establish democracy without a weapon of flak jacket.  How is that for you?
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2005, 12:27:53 AM »

15 years over the enlistment max age you are TX. 

I voted anti-war.  I remember being about an hour from SF when all the buildup was going on.  I remember being pretty anti-protest as well, you'll recall.  I still don't understand how throwing a newspaper stand through a korean store owner's store window helps the people of Iraq. 

I wish there was an option for "still abjectly anti-war, but don't get me confused with those violent leftist anti-war types."  Actually, there was a pretty good article in the SFgate about SF republicans against the war, and how the manifestations of their antiwar mentality were decidedly different than the childish and often damaging manifestations of the anti-bush antiwar crowd.

Most of the millions who protested were not violent. Stereotype much? There were at least a quarter million peaceful protestors in SF (including me). I didn't see anyone who was violent. How do you know that the person who threw the newspaper stand wasn't just trying to make the anti-war people look bad?

Non-violent, eh?  So that is why they clashed with police here in Erie after the cops told them to stop blocking the main streets?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2005, 01:06:36 AM »

I voted anti-war.  I remember being about an hour from SF when all the buildup was going on.  I remember being pretty anti-protest as well, you'll recall.  I still don't understand how throwing a newspaper stand through a korean store owner's store window helps the people of Iraq. 

I wish there was an option for "still abjectly anti-war, but don't get me confused with those violent leftist anti-war types."  Actually, there was a pretty good article in the SFgate about SF republicans against the war, and how the manifestations of their antiwar mentality were decidedly different than the childish and often damaging manifestations of the anti-bush antiwar crowd.

Most of the millions who protested were not violent. Stereotype much? There were at least a quarter million peaceful protestors in SF (including me). I didn't see anyone who was violent. How do you know that the person who threw the newspaper stand wasn't just trying to make the anti-war people look bad?

Non-violent, eh?  So that is why they clashed with police here in Erie after the cops told them to stop blocking the main streets?

There were 20 million people peacefully protesting that day. Who gives a sh**t about a few bad apples who may have been trying to make the 20 million peaceful protestors look bad.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2005, 01:12:23 AM »

There were 20 million people peacefully protesting that day. Who gives a sh**t about a few bad apples who may have been trying to make the 20 million peaceful protestors look bad.

I really doubt their were 20 million just like I doubt their were a million men at the million man march.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2005, 01:13:12 AM »

I really doubt their were 20 million just like I doubt their were a million men at the million man march.

No there really were 20 million people protesting that day. Not all in one place, but London had 2 million.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2005, 02:22:35 AM »

Hey now, the Nation of Islam justified their million man estimates very scientifically.  You see, each person there had an estimated 6 Colt 45s and they found 6 million empty Colt 45 cans.  So there's your 1 million people. Cheesy
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies