Sanders primary voters only (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:42:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Sanders primary voters only (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What do you plan on doing in November?
Voting for Hillary Clinton

Voting for Jill Stein

Voting for Trump

Voting for someone else/write-in

Not voting

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 57

Author Topic: Sanders primary voters only  (Read 1714 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« on: June 25, 2016, 04:10:47 PM »

Write-in unless Hillary picks Warren as her running-mate.

But it's the Hillary supporters are the whiny sore winners. Roll Eyes

Given that my reasons for doing this have nothing to do with Sanders (whom I supported for mainly as an anti-Clinton protest vote), I'm not sure what your point here.  As I've said elsewhere, I'd already resolved to vote write-in if she was the nominee before the Iowa Caucuses.  And no, I'm not saying all Hillary supporters are whiney sore winners, just a number of the ones of Atlas.  At least they're hacks for someone they think would be a good President.  I'm pretty sure you'd be a Trump hack if he was the Democratic nominee, but everything else about his candidacy was the same.
Write-in unless Hillary picks Warren as her running-mate.

Dude, you seriously want to live with President Drumpf? You don't even have the excuse that your State won't be in play.

No, a write-in does not equal a vote for Trump.  I don't like Sanders that much and Hillary is even worse.  If the Democrats want my vote, they should've run someone worth voting for.  I don't need an excuse for casting a protest vote, it's a perfectly legitimate use of one's vote.  I have an open mind and want to be convinced that Hillary's not as bad I think (obviously Trump is way worse, but that's beside the point), but that hasn't happened yet.  So with all due respect, folks like BRTD, Bedstuy, and yourself can take your entitled, patronizing whining and stick it where the sun don't shine Smiley  The Democratic Party isn't entitled to my vote and neither is Hillary.  

Try making a case for Hillary.  It'd also be nice to see her supporters acknowledge and address the legitimate concerns about her (such as her hawkishness, her use of race-baiting, the e-mail scandal, etc) instead of just acting like she's the messiah.  FTR, I do think she has to deal with far more crap than many politicians due to the fact that she's a woman, but there are plenty of legitimate criticisms that her supporters seem unable or unwilling to address.

Enough reason to vote for her bus to replace Scalia.

Her hawkishness? http://www.vox.com/world/2016/5/27/11608580/donald-trump-foreign-policy-war-iraq-hillary-clinton

Race baiting? Who won the black vote in a landslide?

And you dislike her over s Republican witch hunt issue?

- Replacing Scalia is a reason to vote for any generic Democrat.  I'm talking about reasons to vote for Hillary specifically, not against the Republican (I'm already doing that).    

- Again, I'm talking about Hillary's foreign policy views, not Trump's gibberish.  Hillary is infinitely better than Trump, but that's a pretty low bar.  

- Obama won it in a landslide in 2008, so your argument there (which is basically a large-scale version of "But...but...but ________ has black friends") doesn't even work on its own terms.  

- The Bengahzi non-sense was a witch hunt.  The business with her e-mails is a legitimate scandal and while not one of the main reasons I dislike her, certainly is cause for concern.

So you're sore that Hillary won, not that Sanders lost. I don't see the difference.

As for the "race baiting", I'm sure if 80% or so of black voters could "forgive" her for it, you can too. On that note, much of the supposed "race baiting" was overblown or completely fabricated anyway. Mentioning RFK's assassination as an example of a campaign that went into June, while in context also mentioning her husband's campaign in 1992, is not hoping for Obama to be assassinated. The 3 AM ad had nothing to do with race. Sorry to burst the bubble here. Her comments about "hard working white Americans" and Bill's SC comments were dumb, I'll give you that. But I do find it funny that the "progressives" who constantly dismissed the entire South throughout the primary season did not get nearly as much attention as Bill dismissing a single state did...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies