Opinion of Robert F Kennedy
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:20:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Robert F Kennedy
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Opinion of Robert F Kennedy
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 57

Author Topic: Opinion of Robert F Kennedy  (Read 1864 times)
Thunderbird is the word
Zen Lunatic

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 11, 2016, 12:37:24 AM »

FF on balance, one of the last liberals to actually talk about addressing poverty. He didn't really live long enough to judge but had he lived I think he would have been a pretty good president.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 06:22:27 AM »

Obvious FF
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2016, 01:44:04 PM »

🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2016, 02:28:02 PM »

The only Kennedy I like.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2016, 02:31:28 PM »

Vasty overrated individual.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2016, 03:32:35 PM »

RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2016, 03:59:12 PM »

Better than JFK.  Massive FF.  #toosoon
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2016, 04:44:02 PM »

Easily my favorite of those three Kennedy brothers.
rpryor03
Bahamas

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2016, 05:39:45 PM »

Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2016, 07:31:08 PM »

Huge FF, and the best Kennedy.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2016, 09:30:17 PM »

Far right Justice Department McCarthyite goon. FF.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2016, 06:02:37 AM »

Best Kennedy brother, and ran one of the most inspiring campaigns until Obama '08
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2016, 06:38:53 AM »

Best Kennedy brother, and ran one of the most inspiring campaigns until Obama '08

There's such an exaggerated price placed on inspiring campaigns by the overly sentimental. That said, Bobby's ability to lie his way into being a hero of the left are admirable, and we can't discount his aptitude as a politician.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2016, 06:48:06 AM »

There's such an exaggerated price placed on inspiring campaigns by the overly sentimental. That said, Bobby's ability to lie his way into being a hero of the left are admirable, and we can't discount his aptitude as a politician.

Yes, Bobby was clearly lying for 4 years in the Senate just to run for President. The old talking point that that Bobby was actually a McCarthyite right winger ignores his entire 3 years as Attorney General under JFK
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2016, 07:53:18 AM »

Cathcon is of course right; the "muh Kennedy" sentiment imparted on this generation by their grandparents needs to end. Hopefully they won't be smug enough to think about the Sanders campaign in the same way the olds who supported McCarthy do these days.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2016, 08:19:59 AM »

Yes, Bobby was clearly lying for 4 years in the Senate just to run for President. The old talking point that that Bobby was actually a McCarthyite right winger ignores his entire 3 years as Attorney General under JFK

Well he was literally a McCarthyite, so...

(And let's not pretend his actions while AG were in any way the type of stuff his supporters would've fawned over)
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2016, 02:56:37 PM »

One of my political inspirations.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2016, 05:11:28 PM »

Well he was literally a McCarthyite, so...

(And let's not pretend his actions while AG were in any way the type of stuff his supporters would've fawned over)

+Sent Federal Marshals and Agents to the South to protect MLK
+Sent Troops to protect James Meredith
+Prosecuted more voting rights violations than any AG before him
+Helped organize, and set in agreement the peace deal that stopped the CMC
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2016, 09:45:18 AM »

Massive FF.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2016, 12:40:59 PM »

FF.

As a politican, YUUGE FF. As a person, mixed feelings. Sometimes great (like his speech afer MLK slain), sometimes a little arrogant.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2016, 04:53:45 PM »

FF other than being anti-war.  His support for Israel (which was what got him assassinated) would not be welcome in the Democratic party of today.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2016, 07:50:39 PM »

FF other than being anti-war.  His support for Israel (which was what got him assassinated) would not be welcome in the Democratic party of today.

I love this assertion - as if the presumptive Democratic nominee is not a solid backer of Israel.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2016, 07:57:07 PM »

I love this assertion - as if the presumptive Democratic nominee is not a solid backer of Israel.

All I'm saying is have you seen Hillary Clinton and Khaled Mashal, leader of the Islamic Palestinian organization Hamas, in the same room together? I didn't think so.

Israel is under attack by the Democrats. Democrats seek the destruction of Israel in all forms. No progress has or ever will be made by Democrats on the safety and a peaceful agreement for Israel.

Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, Barack Obama. All those names successfully destroyed any hope for peace in the Middle East and are Palestinian hogs.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2016, 08:53:36 AM »

All I'm saying is have you seen Hillary Clinton and Khaled Mashal, leader of the Islamic Palestinian organization Hamas, in the same room together? I didn't think so.

Israel is under attack by the Democrats. Democrats seek the destruction of Israel in all forms. No progress has or ever will be made by Democrats on the safety and a peaceful agreement for Israel.

Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, Barack Obama. All those names successfully destroyed any hope for peace in the Middle East and are Palestinian hogs.
Democrats have become very anti-Israel as of late.  The minute the New Left took over the party, they started taking a very anti-Semitic, pro-Palestinian turn.  Read these articles to see what I mean:

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2012/09/the_democrats_anti-israel_party_platform.html
http://nypost.com/2014/07/24/obamas-israel-legacy-a-hostile-democratic-party/
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/07/18/foreign-policy-expert-reveals-why-he-believes-liberals-have-become-increasingly-anti-israel/
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/valerie-tarico/sophisticated-liberal-jew_b_191135.html
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2016, 07:24:40 AM »

Democrats have become very anti-Israel as of late.  The minute the New Left took over the party, they started taking a very anti-Semitic, pro-Palestinian turn.  Read these articles to see what I mean:

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2012/09/the_democrats_anti-israel_party_platform.html
http://nypost.com/2014/07/24/obamas-israel-legacy-a-hostile-democratic-party/
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/07/18/foreign-policy-expert-reveals-why-he-believes-liberals-have-become-increasingly-anti-israel/
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/valerie-tarico/sophisticated-liberal-jew_b_191135.html

lololoolloolol.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies