Siren's Senate Office (Virginia City, NV): Thanks for all the Fish
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:43:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Siren's Senate Office (Virginia City, NV): Thanks for all the Fish
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8
Author Topic: Siren's Senate Office (Virginia City, NV): Thanks for all the Fish  (Read 11724 times)
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2016, 10:17:46 AM »

Endorsed!
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2016, 01:19:06 PM »

Thanks for all the endorsements and support.  Now let's get out the vote tonight!
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2016, 04:09:42 PM »

Endorsed! You been a great advocate for true game reform. I look forward to your continued presence in the House.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2016, 02:31:16 PM »
« Edited: October 24, 2016, 02:35:14 PM by Siren »

Gracias Atlasia!  We've officially won election to the House.  Thank you to everyone who voted for me (I see you PRO friends Wink ).  Congratulations to everyone else who won election.  If you didn't win, I know how you feel.  I've lost more elections than I can count in this game, but if you keep trying, eventually you might succeed.  Smiley

I'm looking forward to another great term of standing up for the weak and defenseless.  As always, feel free to let me know if you have any questions or requests.  Friends are always welcome in Puerto Rico.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2016, 05:19:12 PM »

Congratulations! It will be great to work with you for another two months.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2016, 05:42:40 PM »

Congratulations! It will be great to work with you for another two months.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2016, 12:25:30 AM »

Congratulations on the win, Siren! Smiley
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2016, 09:41:28 AM »

Congrats on your win Siren you'll be a great independent voice in the House
GAworth
United States

« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2016, 01:12:05 PM »

Congrats Siren!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2016, 01:31:02 PM »

Normally I'd be an enthusiastic supporter, but the "love" part makes it impossible for me.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2016, 01:36:52 PM »

Thanks for the congrats everyone!

Normally I'd be an enthusiastic supporter, but the "love" part makes it impossible for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC99JhQq-3w
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2016, 01:42:24 PM »

Thanks for the congrats everyone!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC99JhQq-3w

You're being too nice to me.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2016, 02:16:54 PM »

It's just because I care!  You could freeze to death with all that coldness.

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #63 on: October 25, 2016, 02:44:12 PM »

You kidding? Coldness is what makes me so alive

SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #64 on: October 25, 2016, 03:24:37 PM »

well you see, kalwejt is very cool
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #65 on: October 25, 2016, 05:26:10 PM »

Congratulations, Madame Representative!
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #66 on: October 27, 2016, 02:54:18 PM »

Congratulations on your win, Siren. It's great to see an independent liberal get elected.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #67 on: December 04, 2016, 04:39:14 AM »

Hola everyone!

I've been hard at work ever since you gave me the honor of representing you in the House last election.  I've sponsored several bills and contributed amendments and debate to many others.  The hallmark of my governing philosophy is compassionate prudence.  I'll continue to keep that in mind on all the issues from poverty, criminal justice, cultural landmarks, the environment, and many more if you re-elect me for another term.  I hope you'll take a look at my tacky campaign brochure and consider giving me your first preference in the upcoming election.  Muchas gracias mis amigos!

• A fighter that's determined to get things done:  This session I decided to take on the tough challenge of immigration reform.  Looking back in Atlasian history, immigration seems to be one of the under-legislated topics probably because it's so hard to get it right.  I admit I was intimidated at first, but I didn't let that stop me.  Once I sponsored the bill in the House, I worked together with representative and senators from all sides of the aisle to make it as best a bill as I could.  Today, I'm happy to announce that it has enough votes to pass the House with bipartisan support!  There's still work to do in the Senate, but I'm optimistic.  We're one step closer to an Atlasia for everyone.  An Atlasia where we won't have to worry any longer about our friends hiding, wilting away in the shadows.  They can come out into the Sun and flourish with the rest of us like a field of exotic wildflowers.  It's about time!
  • Putting the service back in public serviceSad  Atlasia is best when we all work together.  Here's something that politicians will rarely tell you.  They don't know all the answers or have a solution to every problem.  I definitely don't!  That's why I think it's important to try to get ideas from anyone who wants to contribute.  I recently sponsored two constitutional amendments proposed by Atlasian citizens in the House.  One is Virginia's idea to clarify electoral rights in the constitution and the other gives Atlasians protection from being conscripted against their will or punished unjustly supported by Jbrase and evergreen.  These are exactly the kind of contributions we need and I'll definitely be on the look out for more good ideas to sponsor for you in the House.
  • Keeping history in mind!Sad I try to take every bill that comes to the floor as seriously as I can and contribute to debate if I have something to offer.  When we had a debate about the gas tax, I thought to myself, why do we even have this?  I learned that it's been historically used to fund the federal highway system, so I made sure that much of those funds were allocated to do that.  I think the goal of any representative should be to make policy that works, not just achieve some partisan goals.  History is a great way to get ideas.  It also helps make sure we don't keep repeating mistakes of the past, and I learn something along the way.  Win-win!
  • My loyalty is to you!:  And to people in general.  Lots of people often try to recruit me to join various parties, but I'm still independent.  I don't care about parties, platforms, and cliques.  I don't worry about if a party will support me or not if I vote a certain way.  I care about you!  I care about good policy.  I care about people.  I care about the world and making it a better place not just for us, but for the many generations of people who will come after us.  If that means working together with one party or the other, it doesn't bother me.  We're all in this together, and the vaunted founding fathers hated parties anyway!
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #68 on: December 04, 2016, 05:17:25 AM »

Endorsed for very high ( maybe even 1st) preference! Siren has been a leader of independent thinking in the House and has what it takes to continue putting through legislation to benefit the people of Atlasia!
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #69 on: December 04, 2016, 05:36:25 AM »

You've been a great representative, and have served for an impressively long time as an independent- which is a true testament to your character. You're exactly the type of people we need in the House. Endorsed   
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #70 on: December 04, 2016, 01:44:47 PM »

Endorsed for very high ( maybe even 1st) preference! Siren has been a leader of independent thinking in the House and has what it takes to continue putting through legislation to benefit the people of Atlasia!
This, exactly! You've been a great representative!
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #71 on: December 04, 2016, 09:51:19 PM »

Siren easily ranks among the best ever to have served in the House of Representatives since we began our experiment with bicameralism last summer. She is a consistently active contributor to debates, has introduced some of the most important legislation to come out of the 3rd Congress, and remains a thorough and conscientious "voice for the voiceless." It will be an honor to vote for her next weekend.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #72 on: December 05, 2016, 08:18:03 AM »

also endorsed for a high preference
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #73 on: December 06, 2016, 06:06:54 PM »

You guys are too nice to me!  Thanks for the endorsements and comments.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #74 on: December 07, 2016, 01:26:14 AM »

I'd like to take a break from my whirlwind House campaign here in the beautiful city of New Orleans, Louisiana.  As you might have noticed, it's a busy election season here in the South.  We just recently had a special Senate election, we have the House election coming up this weekend and also another Senate election.  I'm excited today to officially announce my campaign to be the honorable Senator from the South in addition to my campaign for the House. 

Now you might ask, why am I running for Senate when I just announced my campaign for House the other day.  Good question!  Ideally, I wouldn't run for two offices at the same time, but I think it's important for everyone to have a choice on election day.  Like I said in my campaign brochure that you might have seen (we have free brochures if you haven't - they're recycable!), I want to put the service back in public service.  That means you get to decide where I serve you.  You can put me in the Senate, the House, or you can kick me right out of both.  Your choice!  If I'm elected to the Senate and House, I will resign my House seat so someone else can serve there.

I also want to make another very special announcement today.  That is that my next major project in either the House or the Senate will be to introduce legislation to curtail food waste and incentivize large supermarkets to donate their excess food to food banks and charities that feed the poor and homeless.  While it may not be enshrined in the constitution, I believe that food is an inalienable human right.  It's a tragedy that billions of tons of perfectly good food is wasted every year in Atlasia when it wouldn't be that hard to donate that food to charities that will help feed hungry people. I hope you will join with me on this campaign and together we can help put an end to hunger in Atlasia.  Because we should never let our friends and neighbors go hungry if we can help it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies