Siren's Senate Office (Virginia City, NV): Thanks for all the Fish (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:49:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Siren's Senate Office (Virginia City, NV): Thanks for all the Fish (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Siren's Senate Office (Virginia City, NV): Thanks for all the Fish  (Read 11864 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: September 24, 2016, 12:07:50 PM »

I look forward to your future endeavors. Smiley

The South was well served by having such a good Speaker at a critical juncture post reform.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2016, 02:12:32 AM »

Will you stay active in Atlasia?

You could be the first female President.

"#I'mWithHer"?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2016, 02:05:01 PM »

I'm planning to stick around but not too sure what I'll do yet.  And wow!  What an idea!  I don't really think anyone would vote for me, but ya never know!

Those June 2013 Angus King style poll numbers come to mind for reason. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2017, 06:44:45 PM »

Siren

WE ARE ALREADY AT WAR!!!!!

And have been for three weeks.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2017, 06:53:10 PM »
« Edited: September 25, 2017, 06:56:56 PM by People's Speaker North Carolina Yankee »

As for the draft, nobody is going to get drafted into anything. Atlasia doesn't have a draft, I oppose the draft and we won't have a draft as long as Congress doesn't enact one. The Draft Restriction Amendment tied the hands of the Congress for all of time regarding what it can and cannot do to defend the homeland.

Yes, the Senate fixed a problem one dealing with the fact that the original version basically outlawed prison terms. But the underlying Amendment still presents this problem of us not being able to potential defend us in the event of WW3.

All the freedoms and sloganeering are fine until you cannot protect those freedoms anymore. That is why Lincoln and FDR both used the draft.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2017, 07:08:23 PM »

And yes I know see that there was a subsequent Draft Amendment in July from the Senate, I was referring to the one in the Spring.

PiT can probably bring that up as soon as gets on in the House.

Still that has nothing to do with this war.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2017, 07:25:16 PM »

And yes I know see that there was a subsequent Draft Amendment in July from the Senate, I was referring to the one in the Spring.

It has everything to do with the war. Congressional declarations are a serious matter that provide the President with a large degree of power that they do not have in normal times. Also, there are no guarantees that the draft wouldn't be authorized at a later date, after we've been driven further into the depths of war.

I feel like my demand is very reasonable. The people of Atlasia deserve to have a say on the Draft Restriction Amendment before Congress goes around declaring war willy-nilly.

We are not declaring war, willy nilly, we are formally recognizing a state of war which has existed since September 4th.

Guess this illustrates just who all has not been reading the GM thread. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2017, 07:40:52 PM »
« Edited: September 25, 2017, 07:43:55 PM by People's Speaker North Carolina Yankee »

It has everything to do with the war. Congressional declarations are a serious matter that provide the President with a large degree of power that they do not have in normal times. Also, there are no guarantees that the draft wouldn't be authorized at a later date, after we've been driven further into the depths of war.

I feel like my demand is very reasonable. The people of Atlasia deserve to have a say on the Draft Restriction Amendment before Congress goes around declaring war willy-nilly.

We are not declaring war, willy nilly, we are formally recognizing a state of war which has existed since September 4th.

Guess this illustrates just who all has not been reading the GM thread. Tongue

Guess it also illustrates who's been paying attention to what bills get passed and when.

And the President's powers are limited without formal declarations of war from Congress. The reset put all of American statutes as Atlasian law unless people overruled them by writing new legislation. Congress declaring war and the president using their powers under the war powers act aren't the same thing.

We have done a good job keeping track of what bills passed and when. The problem comes from bills that linger from previous Senates, as they are on a previous Senate's noticeboard. It also becomes a problem when portions of the Noticeboard is out of date, leaving the Vice President without an accurate up to date list of what each chamber has done. The senate's board hadn't been updated since the 19th until tonight. The VP takes his list of Senate/House passed stuff from the list of past bills compiled by the PPT/Speaker.

Also as I have said repeatedly, If someone has missed something or forgotten something, PM the person and ask them about it and find out if it has been missed or other bills are ahead of it on the floor, or whatever.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2017, 08:04:00 PM »

Surely the LIBERTARIAN PARTY isn't defending broad, unchecked war powers?!

Of course not. Go back to your retirement home.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2018, 01:59:16 PM »

Right on Siren! We've both pulled off some big upsets via pming the Zombie Voters, great people!

Trumpified further: "I love the poorly active"
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2018, 02:11:44 PM »

It used to be groups of ten. Which made Pming to the Senate when it had ten members rather easy. Good times!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2018, 03:04:34 PM »

Talk to the zombies! They're not as scary as they sound, and a lot of them are more willing to vote for you than you think.

https://youtu.be/sOnqjkJTMaA?t=282

Surprised no one has made this reference yet!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies