Opinion of Dr. Jill Stein?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:50:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Opinion of Dr. Jill Stein?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: Love her or loathe her?
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 127

Author Topic: Opinion of Dr. Jill Stein?  (Read 2911 times)
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2016, 07:20:30 PM »

Mediocre FF.
Not my candidate of choice, but helluva lot better than the other options.
dax00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2016, 07:23:32 PM »

Fantastic person through and through.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2016, 07:54:50 PM »

Absolute HP.  The Green party deserves better and I can't take it seriously with her as the figurehead.

Would you rather they went with Roseanne Barr or Cynthia McKinney?

Haha, this says so much in a single sentence.

"Ugh, the GOP is disgusting. Donald Trump, really? The GOP deserves better and I can't take it seriously with him as the figurehead."

"Would you rather they went with Herman Cain or Ted Cruz?"
cwt

« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2016, 07:59:38 PM »
« Edited: June 13, 2016, 08:01:28 PM by cwt »

Jill Stein on Democracy Now a few days ago:

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2016, 08:32:55 PM »
« Edited: June 13, 2016, 08:45:46 PM by Virginia »

Oh look, another person who thinks that because Bill Clinton helped implement deregulation policies in the 90s, that must mean Hillary Clinton supports them 20 years later in a political landscape radically different than that of the 90s. This woman is an idiot and the entire premise of her argument on neoliberal/corporate-friendly policies relies on one believing Clinton will immediately pursue the opposite of what she campaigned on, which is something presidents have not traditionally done on such a scale - At least not in modern times.

This is just another anti-Clinton diatribe from a useless no-one who wishes to run one quixotic presidential bid after the other in hopes she can spread her craziness beyond the hippie drum circles she came from.
Mercenary

Political Matrix
E: -3.94, S: -2.70

« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2016, 10:08:37 PM »

Better than Trump or Clinton but still awful.
BundouYMB

« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2016, 11:13:57 PM »

She seems like the worst possible stereotype of a Green-y (a wealthy latte liberal from Lexington, MA who seems to vote Green mainly so they can feel so very pious and untainted.) Her platform is bland and full of platitudes, and she frequently makes use of lame third party platitudes like "the two party system is corrupt!!1!" and "don't vote for the lesser of two evils!!1!" while contributing absolutely nothing intellectually substantial to the national discourse. Also, those tweets about Hillary were incredibly nasty. HP.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2016, 01:36:04 AM »

She's better than Clinton, I'll give her credit for that.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2016, 01:41:33 AM »

Sounds like a typical jfern post.
dax00

« Reply #59 on: June 14, 2016, 01:44:14 AM »

Virginia, the Hillary Clinton of 20 years past, whom I might well have been able to support at the time, is not the Hillary Clinton of today.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #60 on: June 14, 2016, 05:52:51 AM »

Oh look, another person who thinks that because Bill Clinton helped implement deregulation policies in the 90s, that must mean Hillary Clinton supports them 20 years later in a political landscape radically different than that of the 90s. This woman is an idiot and the entire premise of her argument on neoliberal/corporate-friendly policies relies on one believing Clinton will immediately pursue the opposite of what she campaigned on, which is something presidents have not traditionally done on such a scale - At least not in modern times.

It's increasingly annoying to see people talking like Hillary and Bill were the same person.

I'm not a fan of the "Third Way" philosophy. I can, however, accept it was perhaps the best we could get in such a conservative decades as 80s and 90s. But the time had changed and I'm sure if Bill were President right now, he'd purse more liberal policies. Hillary's already embracing positions that were "no-no" in the 90s. Ironically (given such comments like Stein's) during the 90s Hillary was commonly viewed as someone to Bill's left.

Even if Hillary were an unreconstructed 90s Third Wayer, she's still preferable to Trump.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #61 on: June 14, 2016, 07:50:22 AM »

Absolute HP.  The Green party deserves better and I can't take it seriously with her as the figurehead.

Would you rather they went with Roseanne Barr or Cynthia McKinney?
What's wrong with the domestic Goddess? She actually is pretty in tune not only with Green Party orthodoxy but also with working class America. For example, many of the West Virginia voters who backed Bernie happen to be socially conservative union voters. While Roseanne is pro-gay and pro-abortion, she also is very anti-illegal immigration, very pro-Israel (that's all she tweets about) and smokes pot (and believe it or not, pot is very popular among blue-collar and rural folks), and so on.

She'd probably be a good nominee. Unfortunately, she threw a hissy fit about losing to Jill Stein in '12 and burned a lot of bridges. She's running for the Green VP nomination this year with Kent Mesplay but won't be attending the convention and already has stated that she doesn't expect him to win.

Do you really think most Green Party backers are anti-immigration or pro-Israel?
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #62 on: June 14, 2016, 08:23:02 AM »

Virginia, the Hillary Clinton of 20 years past, whom I might well have been able to support at the time, is not the Hillary Clinton of today.

Not sure if this is because of her change in policy support or the issues that dog her from her tenure as Secretary of State

It's increasingly annoying to see people talking like Hillary and Bill were the same person.

I'm not a fan of the "Third Way" philosophy. I can, however, accept it was perhaps the best we could get in such a conservative decades as 80s and 90s. But the time had changed and I'm sure if Bill were President right now, he'd purse more liberal policies. Hillary's already embracing positions that were "no-no" in the 90s. Ironically (given such comments like Stein's) during the 90s Hillary was commonly viewed as someone to Bill's left.

Even if Hillary were an unreconstructed 90s Third Wayer, she's still preferable to Trump.

It just bothers me that some never consider that people didn't think the same way back then as they do now. Bill's average approval rating was sky high, especially during his 2nd term, and I think that clearly says something about how people back then viewed his presidency...

Then it inevitably boils down to the "she will backtrack on everything" argument, which not only is something presidents have not really done after getting elected, but is also unfalsifiable until she has both been elected and up until the end of her first term, at least. People also call her power hungry, yet ignore the fact that to get re-elected, she has to try and make good on these things. There are other reasons I think she will attempt to fulfill her campaign promises, but those are the most obvious and frustrating, in my opinion.

I'd like to go on another rant about Stein, but for the sake of brevity, I'll just say she sucks Tongue
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #63 on: June 14, 2016, 08:25:17 AM »

Anti-Vaxxer = Automatic HP
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #64 on: June 14, 2016, 08:35:45 AM »

It's a good thing she's not an anti-vaxxer then.
Panda Express

« Reply #65 on: June 14, 2016, 08:49:30 AM »

Regarding vaccinations and homeopathy, here is what she said verbatim on her AMA on Reddit.

🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #66 on: June 14, 2016, 08:57:02 AM »

Neither because irrelevant. Talk to me when she gets above 5% in a state with more than 3 EVs, or when the Green Party decides statehouses are worthwhile.

They had a mayor of a city of 100,000 (Richmond, CA) until term limits ended that. Richmond, CA is a rare example of what to actually do about crime.

perhaps that person should be the one running for President.
Bakersfield Uber Alles
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #67 on: June 14, 2016, 10:16:26 AM »

Neither because irrelevant. Talk to me when she gets above 5% in a state with more than 3 EVs, or when the Green Party decides statehouses are worthwhile.

They had a mayor of a city of 100,000 (Richmond, CA) until term limits ended that. Richmond, CA is a rare example of what to actually do about crime.

perhaps that person should be the one running for President.
Zache

« Reply #68 on: June 14, 2016, 10:22:26 AM »

She seems like a loon like most Green candidates. I've always said I would vote for the Justice Party if I felt like voting as protest, too bad Rocky Anderson isn't running.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #69 on: June 14, 2016, 12:17:51 PM »

Russian operative
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »