Trump calls on Obama to resign
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:34:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump calls on Obama to resign
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Trump calls on Obama to resign  (Read 1406 times)
Fusionmunster

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2016, 04:26:02 PM »

Seriously, this is a moment to come together and Trump does this. F-ck him to hell and back. He speaks for a lot of people, too.

Come together?  On what basis?  I'm serious; for diverse folks to "come together", there has to be a basis for doing so.

At times like this, folks don't need to "come together" on any other basis than the mutual abhorrence of the taking of human life.  Why that seems so difficult is what begs a discussion.  They need coherent, truthful, answers as to how something like this happened, why something like this happened, and straight talk about their safety.  They don't need to me moralized by politicians that they consider immoral, rightly or wrongly.  

They won't get this from their leaders.

They'll get another diatribe about "gun violence".  Since the victims were disproportionately gay, there will be platitudes about "tolerance" as a sop to the LGBT constituency, using a tragedy to advance other issues that many folks are still undecided about (e. g. including "sexual orientation" as a protected class, along with race, creed, color, and national origin).  Left unsaid (by Obama and Clinton, anyway) will be the contradiction between tolerance for LGBT folks (one Democratic constituency) with the religious beliefs of many American Muslims, beliefs that include the tenets of Sharia Law.  Perhaps this tension between two specific constituencies within the Democratic Party is why Obama seems to have the inability to say the words "Radical Islamic Terrorists" when assigning blame in such incidents.  And, of course, we'll hear how "all Muslims aren't to blame", etc., something we hear a lot of, but rarely do we hear a prominent Muslim denounce Sharia Law.

What American's need is leaders who won't pretend that Sharia Law and Jihad is, somehow, not a part of Islam.  What Americans need are leaders that are willing to cut off immigration to groups and individuals whose world view is opposed to liberal democracy and a republican form of government, and who would use our democratic institutions to end the freedoms they are designed to protect.  What Americans need is an honest, non-hysterical discussion of Radical Islamic Terror and America's vulnerability to it.  

The truthful answer is a man on the fbi terror watch list went out last week and legally purchased a hand gun and an assault rifle. There was a bill voted down by senate republicans last year that would have prevented him from doing so. It doesnt seem that complicated to me.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2016, 05:30:53 PM »
« Edited: June 12, 2016, 05:33:46 PM by Seriously? »

Seriously, this is a moment to come together and Trump does this. F-ck him to hell and back. He speaks for a lot of people, too.

Come together?  On what basis?  I'm serious; for diverse folks to "come together", there has to be a basis for doing so.

At times like this, folks don't need to "come together" on any other basis than the mutual abhorrence of the taking of human life.  Why that seems so difficult is what begs a discussion.  They need coherent, truthful, answers as to how something like this happened, why something like this happened, and straight talk about their safety.  They don't need to me moralized by politicians that they consider immoral, rightly or wrongly. 

They won't get this from their leaders.

They'll get another diatribe about "gun violence".  Since the victims were disproportionately gay, there will be platitudes about "tolerance" as a sop to the LGBT constituency, using a tragedy to advance other issues that many folks are still undecided about (e. g. including "sexual orientation" as a protected class, along with race, creed, color, and national origin).  Left unsaid (by Obama and Clinton, anyway) will be the contradiction between tolerance for LGBT folks (one Democratic constituency) with the religious beliefs of many American Muslims, beliefs that include the tenets of Sharia Law.  Perhaps this tension between two specific constituencies within the Democratic Party is why Obama seems to have the inability to say the words "Radical Islamic Terrorists" when assigning blame in such incidents.  And, of course, we'll hear how "all Muslims aren't to blame", etc., something we hear a lot of, but rarely do we hear a prominent Muslim denounce Sharia Law.

What American's need is leaders who won't pretend that Sharia Law and Jihad is, somehow, not a part of Islam.  What Americans need are leaders that are willing to cut off immigration to groups and individuals whose world view is opposed to liberal democracy and a republican form of government, and who would use our democratic institutions to end the freedoms they are designed to protect.  What Americans need is an honest, non-hysterical discussion of Radical Islamic Terror and America's vulnerability to it. 

The truthful answer is a man on the fbi terror watch list went out last week and legally purchased a hand gun and an assault rifle. There was a bill voted down by senate republicans last year that would have prevented him from doing so. It doesnt seem that complicated to me.
Nice try. Your narrative would work, IF this scumbag were on a watchlist... The reporting says otherwise. Yes, he was interviewed twice by the FBI for associations with known jihadists, but they concluded both times that the associations were unsubstantiated.

Likely due process rights getting in the way of placing him on that list.

From the BBC:

"Despite being on the FBI's radar, Manteen, who worked as a security guard, was not on an official terrorism watch list and was able to legally hold a state firearms licence, according to Florida records."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-36513468

Oh, them pesky facts.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2016, 05:45:16 PM »

On the actual topic, where were the calls for Bush to resign after 9/11 by comparison?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2016, 05:54:37 PM »

On the actual topic, where were the calls for Bush to resign after 9/11 by comparison?

These days 9/11 would certainly have been politicized. Sad.
kyc0705

« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2016, 06:10:45 PM »

/

Can you imagine what kind of stunts an anti-Bush Trump would have pulled on 9/11? I shiver at the thought...
anthonyjg
anty1691

Political Matrix
E: -8.52, S: -7.48

« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2016, 08:13:09 PM »

/

Can you imagine what kind of stunts an anti-Bush Trump would have pulled on 9/11? I shiver at the thought...
It would've been awful. We even got a glimpse of it with his claim of muslims celebrating in New Jersey.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2016, 08:15:28 PM »
« Edited: June 12, 2016, 08:39:56 PM by Meclazine »

He should have said "You're fired" instead of saying that he should resign

I shouldn't laugh. Good one.

Yes.

Trump should be banned from making comment until he talks to his PR team.

He needs to appear Presidential, which he fails to do.

CBSNews.com is already on to him:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-trump-gets-self-congratulatory-after-orlando-mass-shooting/
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2016, 09:59:30 AM »

Yes.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-trump-gets-self-congratulatory-after-orlando-mass-shooting/

He shouldn’t banned for making comments. He should be dumped at the convention. I would applaud Republicans for doing that, no matter who of their leading figures is nominated instead. Even if it’s Cruz.

He calls on the president to resign. What does he think he is?
Gabagool102
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2016, 10:02:43 AM »

Yes.

He shouldn’t banned for making comments. He should be dumped at the convention. I would applaud Republicans for doing that, no matter who of their leading figures is nominated instead. Even if it’s Cruz.

he's the don
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2016, 10:03:31 AM »

Yes.

he's the don

He is. But he thinks he's god.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies