Mass shooting at LGBT nightclub in Orlando.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:06:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Mass shooting at LGBT nightclub in Orlando.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13
Author Topic: Mass shooting at LGBT nightclub in Orlando.  (Read 13428 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: June 12, 2016, 11:42:08 AM »

Also deeply sad is that club goers are wanting to donate blood for their friends. But can't.

I wonder if this could be the impetus to change that nonsensical policy.

What a "rationale" behind this anyway?

Aids being thought of as a gay man's disease.

Please don't tell me it's an official policy in this case.

Yeah, national law I believe. They've always asked if I've ever had sex with a man before they let me give blood.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #101 on: June 12, 2016, 11:43:09 AM »

Adam Schiff says that law enforcement says that he pledged allegiance to ISIS

The important thing is how involved this ISIS connection is. Was it merely a crime inspired by daesh's savagery or was there an actual connection? I'm not sure I buy the narrative that he was a normal guy, saw a agay couple and immediately turned into a homicidal maniac
RR1997
United States

« Reply #102 on: June 12, 2016, 11:44:24 AM »
« Edited: June 12, 2016, 11:52:40 AM by RR1997 »

The shooter was on an FBI watch list. In December, the GOP blocked an effort to prohibit gun sales to people on the watch list.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #103 on: June 12, 2016, 11:47:13 AM »

I feel sick, and I know This won't be the end of it
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #104 on: June 12, 2016, 11:47:26 AM »

So, I suppouse ISIS is a bunch of left-leaning liberals then?

Don't go there, this guy was a registered democrat. Instead we should accept that Islamic fundamentalism in lies outside the political spectum of non-Muslims.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #105 on: June 12, 2016, 11:50:29 AM »

Christ, who cares about this guys political affiliation? He just killed over 50 innocent people who were just trying to enjoy a Saturday night out.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #106 on: June 12, 2016, 11:50:49 AM »

Don't go there, this guy was a registered democrat.

So??? So was Kim Davis and Fred Phelps.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #107 on: June 12, 2016, 11:52:10 AM »

Adam Schiff says that law enforcement says that he pledged allegiance to ISIS

The important thing is how involved this ISIS connection is. Was it merely a crime inspired by daesh's savagery or was there an actual connection? I'm not sure I buy the narrative that he was a normal guy, saw a agay couple and immediately turned into a homicidal maniac

I think that the tale his father tell us, is likely correct from the father's perspective. In reality this guy have likely self radicalised and the reaction his father saw, was just a result of this. We often see successful solo terrorist not being very open about the depth of their views, so it's not surprising that his father hadn't discovered how radicalised his son had become.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #108 on: June 12, 2016, 11:52:32 AM »

Everyone knows that the GOP is idiotic.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #109 on: June 12, 2016, 11:52:47 AM »

Shut the hell up about if this is right wing or left wing. Its fu***** terrorism.  
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #110 on: June 12, 2016, 11:55:32 AM »

Shut the hell up about if this is right wing or left wing. Its fu***** terrorism.  
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #111 on: June 12, 2016, 11:56:18 AM »

Christ, who cares about this guys political affiliation? He just killed over 50 innocent people who were just trying to enjoy a Saturday night out.

Which precisely my point, this lies outside the American political spectum, neither Republicans nor Democrats are to blame for this. This doesn't built on some American domestic debate about LGBT.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #112 on: June 12, 2016, 12:08:58 PM »

No. The GOP has blood on its hands in many, many ways. They are fully responsible for allowing events like this.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #113 on: June 12, 2016, 12:11:37 PM »

No. The GOP has blood on its hands in many, many ways. They are fully responsible for allowing events like this.

Amen, brother!
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #114 on: June 12, 2016, 12:11:55 PM »

The terror watch list weapon ban would have been unconstitutional, as good of an idea as it is.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #115 on: June 12, 2016, 12:14:11 PM »

Lol. Do we even know if this guy bought his guns after that law would have taken effect? The only person with blood on their hands is the shooter.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #116 on: June 12, 2016, 12:16:20 PM »

I think the problem isn't that people are allowed to own guns. I think the problem is that right-wing bigots are allowed to own guns.

Ugh..... this guy wasn't some right wing hillbilly, he was a supporter of an ideology inspired by a terrorist organization.

Was investigated  by the FBI in 2013 and 2014.   It screwed up that the left wing hacks on here are trying to claim this was some right wing hillbilly with a scary gun.   Get your heads from out of Hillarys a$$.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #117 on: June 12, 2016, 12:20:28 PM »

The terror watch list weapon ban would have been unconstitutional, as good of an idea as it is.

Would it, though? Felons can't buy guns, more or less, so what would be wrong with banning people on that list from purchasing firearms? Would the Heller decision have anything to do with this?

If we have people on watch lists, it really doesn't make sense to allow them to purchase guns. The only issue I have with it is that innocent people on the list would have a hassle, so maybe they should have tiers and only ban certain people on that list from owning firearms. Having a quick way to appeal your standing on the list would be good, too.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #118 on: June 12, 2016, 12:23:42 PM »

Amen, brother!
It's not just the GOPs fault guys, that's too simple.  Really, it's Dubya's fault because Mesopotamia was heaven on Earth until Evil GWB invaded and made everybody go crazy and start killing each other.

And he stole the election!  It's that stupid Ralph Nader that's really to blame.  Of course if Al Gore had a personality....really, the blame goes to Bill Clinton for picking such a sh**tty VP.  On the other hand, he shouldn't have won so I guess that settles it.  GHWB is to blame for this shooting because he lost to Clinton/Gore.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #119 on: June 12, 2016, 12:24:21 PM »

I can understand that, though. Convicted felons have at least been subjected to due process.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #120 on: June 12, 2016, 12:26:18 PM »

Would it, though? Felons can't buy guns, more or less, so what would be wrong with banning people on that list from purchasing firearms? Would the Heller decision have anything to do with this?

If we have people on watch lists, it really doesn't make sense to allow them to purchase guns. The only issue I have with it is that innocent people on the list would have a hassle, so maybe they should have tiers and only ban certain people on that list from owning firearms. Having a quick way to appeal your standing on the list would be good, too.
The problem wasn't putting people on "the List" on some kind of "no guns for you registry", the problem was that "the List" (listS really) was stupid, it was too easy to get on it, nearly impossible to get off of it.  "the List" was broken.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #121 on: June 12, 2016, 12:30:51 PM »

Well perhaps the problem is the Constitution itself.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #122 on: June 12, 2016, 12:31:09 PM »

The problem wasn't putting people on "the List" on some kind of "no guns for you registry", the problem was that "the List" (listS really) was stupid, it was too easy to get on it, nearly impossible to get off of it.  "the List" was broken.

Let's not pretend like we are withholding necessities. We are withholding a weapon that is completely unnecessary for ordinary purposes and has many substitutes for its needed purposes.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #123 on: June 12, 2016, 12:31:50 PM »

Yep, I was alluding to that. I'm in a favor of a list, but the people who go on the list should actually be considered real persons of interest and not just random people they have a very tiny belief that they could be involved in "something". I think the govt has been a bit too liberal with their "lists" since 9/11, and I wish people pushing the gun ban for people on "the list" would at least acknowledge as much. I'm really not in favor of the govt labeling people like that without some good evidence.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #124 on: June 12, 2016, 12:40:39 PM »

http://www.latimes.com/la-me-ln-gay-pride-la-weapons-20160612-snap-story.html

We are under attack
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies