Mass shooting at LGBT nightclub in Orlando. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:39:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Mass shooting at LGBT nightclub in Orlando. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mass shooting at LGBT nightclub in Orlando.  (Read 13623 times)
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« on: June 12, 2016, 07:27:31 AM »

D:
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 07:38:52 AM »

Third deadliest mass shooting in American history (20), behind Virginia Tech (32) and Sandy Hook (26).

You're forgetting the Luby's Cafeteria shooting (23) and the one in the San Ysidro McDonalds in 1984 (21). I feel a bit callous just for saying that Tongue

According to CNN's list, it would be fifth if the number stays at twenty, though could become fourth if the number surpasses twenty-one or third if the number surpasses twenty-three.

Then again, this really isn't the conversation we should be having right now tbh
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 07:42:25 AM »

Third deadliest mass shooting in American history (20), behind Virginia Tech (32) and Sandy Hook (26).

I think it'd be the fifth deadliest (non-war-related) "attack" overall (9/11, OKC, plus the two above, and then this one) if I'm not forgetting any others.

You're forgetting quite a few.

The over 100 killed in the Mountain Meadows massacre of 1857 and the 44 killed in the Bath School disaster of 1927 which remains the deadliest school incident in U.S. History both come readily to mind.

I believe we're only referring to single attacks committed by one person, or else the massacres of Native Americans, the Revolutionary War, etc. would all count as well.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 08:02:01 AM »

Any update on whether it was domestic or international terrorism?
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2016, 09:35:34 AM »

D:

This is now the deadliest mass shooting in American history.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2016, 11:38:44 AM »

Also deeply sad is that club goers are wanting to donate blood for their friends. But can't.

I wonder if this could be the impetus to change that nonsensical policy.

What a "rationale" behind this anyway?

Aids being thought of as a gay man's disease.

Please don't tell me it's an official policy in this case.

Gay men were banned from donating blood for life until last year, when the FDA changed its policy. However, you still have to wait a year after having gay sex to give blood.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/21/health/fda-gay-men-blood-donation-changes/
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2016, 02:18:44 PM »

There are some sick people. 50 people are dead and all some people are worried about is protecting guns. It's more difficult to obtain permits to open a business than it is to get a gun, so it's clear that we have a real problem that needs to be addressed.

And it doesn't matter who the shooter pledged allegiance to. It would be just as bad if he was a viewer of the 700 Club.

Yeah because of course liberals want to take away my rights,but allow radicalized Muslims intent on killing americans into the country no questions asked.

Disarm me and allow the bad guys to come on in.

"No questions asked?" Where do you come up with this dopey garbage?

Just because we don't support banning all people of a certain religion from entering the country doesn't mean we're not interested in rigorous screening processes or keeping the country safe.

Banning all Muslims is not a proportional response to the problem at hand, and would actually create a far more dangerous situation.

Secondly, no one wants to take away your f-cking guns, but cling to them all you want. An assault weapons ban is not ridiculous. Keeping guns from people with a history of mental health challenges should not be controversial. The terrorist watch list thing is a little more tricky, because there isn't any proof that these folks are guilty of anything, but, I mean, if you're willing to ban a whole religion from entering the country without proof of wrong-doing, keeping guns away from suspected terrorists is a drop in the bucket.

So kindly GTFO.

People with certified mental health challenges arent able to freely buy firearms.  The issue is that the left decided to water down our mental health system so much that actually bring certified mentally ill is damn near impossible.  

What's an assault weapon?    Automatic firearms have been banned since the 1930s and Reagan followed up on it in 1986.

Liberals have no freaking clue.

ugh
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2016, 03:53:20 PM »

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink, I suppose.  Whatever, this shooting will pass, and we won't change a thing. We won't institute common sense gun control, and we won't do anything about the flow of people into this country who hate our values and want to kill us.

Dude was an American citizen, so what does this have to do with immigration?

Importing thousands upon thousands of people with similar beliefs will surely do nothing but inflame what is going on with Muslims in the US.  It's that simple.

Preventing others from entering the country wouldn't have stopped this from happening. Seriously, you are trying to tie two issues that aren't related to each other whatsoever.

Yes, actually.  It would have stopped this from happening.

How, exactly?  The shooter was American.

His parents were not.

GREAT point. The refugees themselves aren't the problem; their hypothetical children are.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies