Mass shooting at LGBT nightclub in Orlando. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:33:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Mass shooting at LGBT nightclub in Orlando. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mass shooting at LGBT nightclub in Orlando.  (Read 13606 times)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: June 12, 2016, 05:32:17 PM »

Why did I expect anything good to come from this thread?
What good could it bring?

All these shootings do is give people an excuse to politicize tragedy and demand more or less gun control.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 07:29:38 PM »

Why did I expect anything good to come from this thread?
What good could it bring?

All these shootings do is give people an excuse to politicize tragedy and demand more or less gun control.

Agreed, with a mass shooting happening every few weeks the one thing we should never do is talk about guns.

Imagine if that is what we said about seat belts or cigarettes or leaded gasoline.

Governments dissect the corpses of victims of cigarette smoking, take pictures of their organs, and use them for ad campaigns.  But in America we can't talk about guns because it would be "inappropriate".  Guns aren't religious artifacts.  I don't have to wait for them to stop killing people to discuss them.

Is that why you want us to ban both guns and cigarettes?

Also, as far as I'm aware, nobody's ever started a campaign against cigarettes because it killed about fifty people in a mass murder. Using the dead as a rally cry is morally wrong and utterly reprehensible.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 07:47:35 PM »

To use tragedy as an attempt to push for something is bad, whether you like it or not. You won't change my mind about that.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 09:45:55 PM »

To use tragedy as an attempt to push for something is bad, whether you like it or not. You won't change my mind about that.

So, USA should not have entered WWII after Pearl Harbour? After all, it's the result of a tragedy.

Military bombing of naval ships by a racist and militarist empire is definitely the same as a shooting by a Muslim man which kills fifty civilians.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies