Mass shooting at LGBT nightclub in Orlando. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:46:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Mass shooting at LGBT nightclub in Orlando. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mass shooting at LGBT nightclub in Orlando.  (Read 13624 times)
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« on: June 12, 2016, 06:26:37 AM »

Awful I was at this club before  .    One of the reasons I hate going to clubs is they insist on disarmament.  I never feel comfortable in these situations.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 06:50:12 AM »

Terrorism?
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 07:21:24 AM »

They are saying possible ties to terrorism( leanings towards Islamic ideology).   This is just tragic why would someone target a gay event like this.    As i understand it muslims are extremely anti gay?

Yeah, go ahead and call me a loon but damnt i carry 24/7 whenever and wherever i can.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 07:33:31 AM »

Possibly another self radicalized Muslim .   
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2016, 12:16:20 PM »

I think the problem isn't that people are allowed to own guns. I think the problem is that right-wing bigots are allowed to own guns.

Ugh..... this guy wasn't some right wing hillbilly, he was a supporter of an ideology inspired by a terrorist organization.

Was investigated  by the FBI in 2013 and 2014.   It screwed up that the left wing hacks on here are trying to claim this was some right wing hillbilly with a scary gun.   Get your heads from out of Hillarys a$$.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2016, 12:40:39 PM »

http://www.latimes.com/la-me-ln-gay-pride-la-weapons-20160612-snap-story.html

We are under attack
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2016, 12:56:34 PM »

Looks like the mayor is walking it back now.   Then again it wouldn't surprise me they want to dampen things now.    I fully expect for Obama to say nothing about the Islamic part and talk about gun control. Then claim this was workplace violence or a domestic hate crime.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2016, 01:02:53 PM »

I could cry right now, and I don't even know when the last time I cried was. A hate crime and an ISIS attack all rolled into one. NBC News is reporting that police in LA have foiled a mass shooting/bombing plot at the LA Pride Festival.

It goes to show you that Obergefell wasn't the end of discrimination against the gay community, as some have said. But here we go again with the right wing's hollow "thoughts and prayers" routine.

Too call this a simple hate crime is weak.   This is terrorism on level of 9/11 or Paris.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2016, 01:10:00 PM »

Obama didnt mention radical Islam not once.  He talked about guns instead.   I swear i wonder is this president sympathetic to this faction of Muslims.   

He didn't or couldn't utter the words " radical Islam" .. unbelievable.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2016, 01:21:49 PM »

I guess Obama doesn't watch the news. If he did he would know that the shooter pledged his allegiance to ISIS and had been on terror watch lists in the past. What the hell does he mean we don't know what motive, if any?  It couldn't be any more obvious.

Agreed, we need a President who throws out every rumour that the news wants to put out there as red meat. We should look into the JFK assassination again.

Give me a break.    This president refuses to acknowledge radical Islam and has done so his entire time.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2016, 01:24:32 PM »

The Islamic state is now taking responsibility for this attack.

Wow.. not to get too political but this may swing the election.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2016, 01:32:50 PM »

Anyone find it odd that the FBI was Johnny on the spot soon as things went down?    They were wacthing this guy imo ,but probably not given the green light to scoop him up from Administration.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2016, 01:38:43 PM »

There are some sick people. 50 people are dead and all some people are worried about is protecting guns. It's more difficult to obtain permits to open a business than it is to get a gun, so it's clear that we have a real problem that needs to be addressed.

And it doesn't matter who the shooter pledged allegiance to. It would be just as bad if he was a viewer of the 700 Club.

Yeah because of course liberals want to take away my rights,but allow radicalized Muslims intent on killing americans into the country no questions asked.

Disarm me and allow the bad guys to come on in.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2016, 01:43:00 PM »

For what it's worth, I think more attackers might come out of the woodwork. The LA and Orlando incidents have no apparent connection, which is what makes this so scary. Several Lone Wolves might be out there, each unaware of the other, and their only common connection being contact with some figure in ISIS.

Sleeper cells.  Honestly, i feel like these attacks occur every few months on certain events.   I think they are testing our reactions and seeing our weaknesses.      Imagine if they got a small nuclear weapon  Sad    
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2016, 01:48:23 PM »

There are some sick people. 50 people are dead and all some people are worried about is protecting restricting guns.

We should instead be focusing on the criminal and the victims.
There are a lot people who are not concerned about the victims. The parents of Sandy Hook children are considered to be some sort of villains because they call for gun control.

I support gun control because there are some people who should NEVER have a gun.

Yes, i support gun control too.

Every American should be able to control a gun.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2016, 02:09:49 PM »

There are some sick people. 50 people are dead and all some people are worried about is protecting guns. It's more difficult to obtain permits to open a business than it is to get a gun, so it's clear that we have a real problem that needs to be addressed.

And it doesn't matter who the shooter pledged allegiance to. It would be just as bad if he was a viewer of the 700 Club.

Yeah because of course liberals want to take away my rights,but allow radicalized Muslims intent on killing americans into the country no questions asked.

"No questions asked?" Where do you come up with this dopey garbage?

Just because we don't support banning all people of a certain religion from entering the country doesn't mean we're not interested in rigorous screening processes or keeping the country safe.

Banning all Muslims is not a proportional response to the problem at hand, and would actually create a far more dangerous situation.

Secondly, no one wants to take away your f-cking guns, but cling to them all you want. An assault weapons ban is not ridiculous. Keeping guns from people with a history of mental health challenges should not be controversial. The terrorist watch list thing is a little more tricky, because there isn't any proof that these folks are guilty of anything, but, I mean, if you're willing to ban a whole religion from entering the country without proof of wrong-doing, keeping guns away from suspected terrorists is a drop in the bucket.

So kindly GTFO.

People with certified mental health challenges arent able to freely buy firearms.  The issue is that the left decided to water down our mental health system so much that actually bring certified mentally ill is damn near impossible.  

What's an assault weapon?    Automatic firearms have been banned since the 1930s and Reagan followed up on it in 1986.

Liberals have no freaking clue.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2016, 02:25:05 PM »

This guy was investigated twice by the fbi after making workplace statements about radical Islam.   Still was allowed to freely move about the country and obtain a permit and security gig.    Yet some of you in here want to burst down my door and take my weapons.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2016, 02:45:55 PM »

"No questions asked?" Where do you come up with this dopey garbage?

Just because we don't support banning all people of a certain religion from entering the country doesn't mean we're not interested in rigorous screening processes or keeping the country safe.

Banning all Muslims is not a proportional response to the problem at hand, and would actually create a far more dangerous situation.

Secondly, no one wants to take away your f-cking guns, but cling to them all you want. An assault weapons ban is not ridiculous. Keeping guns from people with a history of mental health challenges should not be controversial. The terrorist watch list thing is a little more tricky, because there isn't any proof that these folks are guilty of anything, but, I mean, if you're willing to ban a whole religion from entering the country without proof of wrong-doing, keeping guns away from suspected terrorists is a drop in the bucket.

So kindly GTFO.

People with certified mental health challenges arent able to freely buy firearms.  The issue is that the left decided to water down our mental health system so much that actually bring certified mentally ill is damn near impossible.   

What's an assault weapon?    Automatic firearms have been banned since the 1930s and Reagan followed up on it in 1986.

Liberals have no freaking clue.

Semi-automatic rifles able to accept detachable magazines and two or more of the following:

Folding or telescoping stock
Pistol grip
Bayonet mount
Flash suppressor, or threaded barrel designed to accommodate one
Grenade launcher mount
Semi-automatic pistols with detachable magazines and two or more of the following:
Magazine that attaches outside the pistol grip
Threaded barrel to attach barrel extender, flash suppressor, handgrip, or suppressor
Barrel shroud safety feature that prevents burns to the operator
Unloaded weight of 50 oz (1.4 kg) or more
A semi-automatic version of a fully automatic firearm.
Semi-automatic shotguns with two or more of the following:
Folding or telescoping stock
Pistol grip
Detachable magazine.

And you're right. The above means literally nothing to me, because I think gun ownership frankly appeals to humankind's most barbaric tendencies.

Even so, I understand the intent of the Second Amendment and generally support it. That doesn't mean we can't keep the most dangerous guns off the street, and the above are now legal to possess even though they were not for a decent period of time before 2004. I have no problems bringing this ban back. You'd still be able to buy a gun to protect yourself.

As for mental health, someone struggling with depression doesn't need to be branded with the label "mentally ill." A conversation with the person's doctor or a look at their medical records, however, would probably indicate that that person shouldn't have a gun. Makes sense. What's wrong with having this kind of quick investigation be part of the process?

None of that means assault weapon.   Really a barrel shroud?     There are hunting rifles that i have that would feature some of that stuff.  My bushmaster AR 15 isnt any quicker than my ranch rife mini 14 which looks like traditional hunting rifle . 

Suppressors or silencer are highly restricted by the atf unless you have the $$$$ for the tax every year. They inspect your home yearly as well.. lots of paperwork.     I know ..

No to the doctor before i buy a gun.  Thats another way to prevent good citizens from getting guns. 
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2016, 04:55:29 AM »

leftists are really starting to be exposed you cant have it both ways.  Defending a religion that is strongly anti-gay as they are killing thousands of homosexuals in the middle east, throwing men off buildings and other horrible things.  You then claim "Christianity" is the problem which doesn't even compare with atrocities the Muslim religion is doing RIGHT NOW.   Not only that, but you want to open borders and allow more into this country.  The response is to blame that awful 2nd amendment and some fantasy "assault weapon" whatever that means.   

Whats happening within Islam right now is like the 1930s with Hitler. Failure to acknowledge a evil before it gets out of control. 
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2016, 02:21:27 PM »

Whats happening within Islam right now is like the 1930s with Hitler. Failure to acknowledge a evil before it gets out of control. 

What specifically would you like done?  I mean how many Muslim countries would you like the Democratic president to unilaterally bomb without Congressional approval?  How many Muslims would you like the Democratic president to unilaterally kill without a trial?  How many German cities did we lay to waste prior to WWII?  How many of Hitler's lieutenants did we assassinate prior to WWII?

I'm fairly sure if Obama launched a missile into your car on your way home from church killing you and your son your family wouldn't say Obama was "ignoring" you.

We could change tactics or add a bit more resources here and there but to claim that we are just sitting here passive like the lead up to WWII is ridiculous.

WWII didn't happen because we "ignored" Hitler.  WWII happened because of reckless violence and callous disregard for human life.  If we and our allies behaved properly after WWI Hitler would have died as a complete nobody.  Obama's wars and assassinations are deeply unpopular in many parts of the world.  He has an explosive situation on his hands.  He is trying to do the Teddy Roosevelt, "speak softly and carry a big stick."

Well, this should really make is feel safe . Hes got 7 months left as president and we continue to be attacked.  Looks like its just soft talking. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies