Battleground ad buys: Clinton spends in 8 states
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:25:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Battleground ad buys: Clinton spends in 8 states
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Battleground ad buys: Clinton spends in 8 states  (Read 1748 times)
HillOfANight
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2016, 10:13:04 AM »

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/rnc-staff-state-republicans-223642

The last I read, GOP has 50 staff trying to defend North Carolina, money that's preventing them from going offense elsewhere like Pennsylvania.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2016, 10:15:07 AM »

Then I look forward to seeing how North Carolina turns out in the months to come, and how the gubernatorial and Senate race shape up.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2016, 11:57:55 AM »

They're really pushing hard in North Carolina. Could either mean their numbers are lower than they want them to be, or they're high and they want to maintain them throughout the summer and into the fall.
I'm thinking the latter. It would be silly to pour a ton of money into a state that Clinton really doesn't need for 270, if it wasn't seriously in play.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2016, 12:21:28 PM »

I like the targeting within the states as well. Denver, Manchester NH, Raleigh - these are areas she can gain big by simply reminding the voters in these areas of Trump's nuttiness.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2016, 12:31:09 PM »

The lack of the DC media market for Virginia is interesting (Yet also pleasing, I am not ready for campaign ads Tongue). Governor McAuliffe essentially won by bombarding NoVa ads. Clinton's numbers in that region must already be where they need it to be.
HillOfANight
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2016, 07:30:00 AM »
« Edited: June 19, 2016, 07:37:06 AM by HillOfANight »

Team Clinton has a 100% ad-spending edge in battlegrounds.

In June 2012, it was 54%-46% for Obama

https://twitter.com/mmurraypolitics/status/744492469589446656
http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/clinton-democrats-dominate-2016-battleground-airwaves-n594676?cid=sm_twitter_feed_politics

Compared to 2012, they're not investing in Wisconsin or Pennsylvania yet. Also, looks like big GOP $ doesn't care about Trump.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2016, 12:20:26 PM »

Much lower spending than in 2012, unless we are not counting all of june?
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2016, 12:40:22 PM »

I really hope this ad makes a comeback this year:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=dDTBnsqxZ3k
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2016, 03:03:32 PM »
« Edited: June 19, 2016, 03:06:14 PM by Virginia »

If Republicans/Trump are not spending anything, then Clinton does not need to spend as much. She has total dominance ad-wise right now, thus no Trump ad buys to fight with.

On that note, I can't believe Trump is just letting her go unopposed right now. This is a disaster for him. You would think that he would at least loan his campaign ten million or so to hold him over until fundraising picks up. Trump so far is really setting a record for political incompetence, and quite possible a record that may never be surpassed.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2016, 03:20:39 PM »

If Republicans/Trump are not spending anything, then Clinton does not need to spend as much. She has total dominance ad-wise right now, thus no Trump ad buys to fight with.

On that note, I can't believe Trump is just letting her go unopposed right now. This is a disaster for him. You would think that he would at least loan his campaign ten million or so to hold him over until fundraising picks up. Trump so far is really setting a record for political incompetence, and quite possible a record that may never be surpassed.

Who cares about those lying ads aired by Crooked Hillary?
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2016, 03:34:56 PM »

If I had to take a wild guess, the people that are causing her to lead Trump by nearly six percent do
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2016, 04:20:21 PM »

Trump is seriously ceding the airwaves to Hillary? Not even any pro-Trump/anti-Hillary Super PACs are running ads? That's crazy.
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2016, 06:37:50 AM »

Trump is seriously ceding the airwaves to Hillary? Not even any pro-Trump/anti-Hillary Super PACs are running ads? That's crazy.

I think a few underlying assumptions are being made here that may be a bit premature; the next four weeks will be telling.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2016, 11:36:53 PM »

Team Clinton has a 100% ad-spending edge in battlegrounds.

In June 2012, it was 54%-46% for Obama

https://twitter.com/mmurraypolitics/status/744492469589446656
http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/clinton-democrats-dominate-2016-battleground-airwaves-n594676?cid=sm_twitter_feed_politics

Compared to 2012, they're not investing in Wisconsin or Pennsylvania yet. Also, looks like big GOP $ doesn't care about Trump.

This chart (via WaPo) is also useful:

Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2016, 12:00:54 AM »
« Edited: June 21, 2016, 12:02:40 AM by Virginia »

That's all you got? Roll Eyes

I think a few underlying assumptions are being made here that may be a bit premature; the next four weeks will be telling.

Not entirely sure what you're getting at. I do think the effects of an ad blitz this early are a bit overrated, but the gaffes and offensive remarks Clinton is using in those ads will only help reinforce a super negative image of Trump in the minds of voters. However, it is worse for Donald when Clinton's ads/message is the only one being pushed.

That said, I think the August-September-October stretch of the campaign will be most critical, and by then he will probably have at least somewhat appropriate air cover. However, his stunning lack of resources and organization is not something he can just fix right up in a couple months. This will haunt him straight up through November.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies