Does the recent gun massacre of 50+ LGBT people in Orlando, Florida...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 08:50:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Does the recent gun massacre of 50+ LGBT people in Orlando, Florida...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9
Poll
Question: ... swing the race more towards Clinton or Trump?
Clinton

Trump

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 158

Author Topic: Does the recent gun massacre of 50+ LGBT people in Orlando, Florida...  (Read 10884 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2016, 11:05:36 AM »
« edited: June 12, 2016, 11:07:26 AM by Damar »

We're going to be talking about this shooting for decades as a major tipping point in the final stages of the fight for LGBT equality. It's just not going to resonate with Trump's base.

If this were a foreign ISIS-affiliated Muslim massacring "normal" (from the perspective of Republicans) people, sure. But an American committing a hate crime on gays is a different story.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2016, 11:06:06 AM »

Lol @ all the hacks voting for Clinton on the poll.

I despise Trump, but this will obviously help him immensely.

Too many Dem hacks here.

Please, Ljube. I bet you'd say this helps Trump even if the shooter was a white Trump supporter from the Deep South.

It could have be Trump himself, and Ljube would still say his BS.
john cage bubblegum

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -6.96

« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2016, 11:15:16 AM »

We need more information about the shooter and his motives.  We know he was Muslim and an American. This wasn't a "usual" Islamic terrorist attack.  If it was, and especially if he was foreign-born, it would help Trump a lot.  But this was an attack on a gay nightclub during Pride Month.  It's almost certainly a hate crime.  This tragedy cuts several ways, including on assault weapons.
RJEvans
MasterRegal
United States

« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2016, 11:18:22 AM »

Five months before the election... probably no longer term effect.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2016, 11:20:04 AM »

We need more information about the shooter and his motives.  We know he was Muslim and an American. This wasn't a "usual" Islamic terrorist attack.  If it was, and especially if he was foreign-born, it would help Trump a lot.  But this was an attack on a gay nightclub during Pride Month.  It's almost certainly a hate crime.  This tragedy cuts several ways, including on assault weapons.

It only cuts one way.   The word Muslim is key and thats the only word voters will remember.  Honestly,  it helps anti free zone argument.  Nobody in that club had anyway to defend because obviously  clubs like that are GUN FREE.    

JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2016, 11:21:48 AM »

Can you please not right now.  Stop thinking about politics for one second. 
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2016, 11:24:47 AM »

It only cuts one way.   The word Muslim is key and thats the only word voters will remember.  Honestly,  it helps anti free zone argument.  Nobody in that club had anyway to defend because obviously  clubs like that are GUN FREE.    

Guns in clubs?

Yeah, that would work out just fine...
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2016, 11:26:51 AM »

This is the political section i believe.   As a gay man and past visitor to this club im bothered as well. But unfortunately i know political liberalism has caused  americans to be slaughtered like sheep.    

I
Fusionmunster

« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2016, 11:29:56 AM »

This is the political section i believe.   As a gay man and past visitor to this club im bothered as well. But unfortunately i know political liberalism has caused  americans to be slaughtered like sheep.    

I

As a gay man and a past visitor of this club, I think your a fool.
john cage bubblegum

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -6.96

« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2016, 11:30:15 AM »

We need more information about the shooter and his motives.  We know he was Muslim and an American. This wasn't a "usual" Islamic terrorist attack.  If it was, and especially if he was foreign-born, it would help Trump a lot.  But this was an attack on a gay nightclub during Pride Month.  It's almost certainly a hate crime.  This tragedy cuts several ways, including on assault weapons.

You want to put guns in the hands of people who are largely intoxicated/high and agitated by all the kinds of drama that happens in nightclubs?  Wow.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2016, 11:31:17 AM »
« Edited: June 12, 2016, 11:36:18 AM by Meclazine »

We need more information about the shooter and his motives.

"Florida Sen. Bill Nelson later said that information from intelligence sources indicated there "appears to be a link to Islamic radicalism ... some kind of connection to ISIS."

(from abcnews.com)
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2016, 11:31:52 AM »

This is the political section i believe.   As a gay man and past visitor to this club im bothered as well. But unfortunately i know political liberalism has caused  americans to be slaughtered like sheep.   

I
As a gay man who doesn't know if friends are dead, you can go screw yourself.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2016, 11:35:31 AM »

This will have little effect on the election, It's an American homophobe who happens to be Muslim.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2016, 11:36:26 AM »

The experience from Europe is that Islamic terrorist attacks ALWAYS benefits the right. Always. People get frustrated and looks for easy hardliner solutions, even the illogical ones (like banning muslims from entering the US despite the perpetrator being a US citizen). Clintons cold logical thinking is probably more likely to find favour with voters when there is a major international crisis, rather than a terrorist attack where voters will go for the blowhard.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2016, 11:36:42 AM »

We need more information about the shooter and his motives. 

Florida Sen. Bill Nelson later said that information from intelligence sources indicated there "appears to be a link to Islamic radicalism ... some kind of connection to ISIS."

(from abcnews.com)

If it turns out he was acting on orders from ISIS, then yes it helps Trump. But the LGBT angle still limits how much it helps.
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2016, 11:42:43 AM »

Lol @ all the hacks voting for Clinton on the poll.

I despise Trump, but this will obviously help him immensely.
RR1997
United States

« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2016, 11:44:50 AM »
« Edited: June 12, 2016, 11:51:48 AM by RR1997 »

The shooter was on an FBI watch list. In December, the GOP blocked an effort to prohibit gun sales to people on the watch list.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2016, 11:44:57 AM »

Trump's base must be totally conflicted about this.  On one hand, a radical Islamist just murdered 50 people on American soil.  But on the other hand, they were gay, so...
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2016, 11:47:22 AM »

Well the alt-Right couldn't have asked for better news. Americans are a tolerant people but we now have 15 straight years of the public being conditioned to see Muslims as the enemy in one form or another... and now this. It's not any one event. It's the drip, drip, drip. We need to see a very strong response from the American Muslim community, but I don't like the way this is headed. There's clearly a problem.

The victims are gays. It's a catch 22 for the alt-Right.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2016, 11:47:51 AM »

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/gop-blocks-bill-stop-terrorists-buying-guns

Here, i fixed the link for you.

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2016, 11:50:44 AM »

Wait, so, despite all background checks being instituted, being on a watch list is somehow not a problem?
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2016, 11:51:02 AM »

Forgive me for being alarmist, but if this does help Trump in any clear way, I'm very scared that ISIS would organize another event like this in early November to ensure Trump wins. They realize that making Trump president would almost be on par with whatever else they could dream up.

Sigh.

Dangerous times, and heaven forbid the country actually see the value of even-handedness...
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2016, 11:52:00 AM »

Forgive me for being alarmist, but if this does help Trump in any clear way, I'm very scared that ISIS would organize another event like this in early November to ensure Trump wins. They realize that making Trump president would almost be on par with whatever else they could dream up.

Sigh.

Dangerous times, and heaven forbid the country actually see the value of even-handedness...

I don't think you're being alarmist. I fear exactly the same thing.
nm825
Rookie

« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2016, 11:52:38 AM »

Trump's base must be totally conflicted about this.  On one hand, a radical Islamist just murdered 50 people on American soil.  But on the other hand, they were gay, so...

What a vile human being you are
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2016, 11:53:02 AM »

Sigh.

I have thought this for a long time. An ISIS terrorist attack in late October to ensure the election of Donald Trump.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies