Does the recent gun massacre of 50+ LGBT people in Orlando, Florida...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:09:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Does the recent gun massacre of 50+ LGBT people in Orlando, Florida...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9
Poll
Question: ... swing the race more towards Clinton or Trump?
Clinton

Trump

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 158

Author Topic: Does the recent gun massacre of 50+ LGBT people in Orlando, Florida...  (Read 10910 times)
Hnv1
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2016, 11:54:12 AM »

Trump is going to get a bump in polls for a while but by November it will be irrelevant
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2016, 11:56:22 AM »

It doesn't help Trump, he can't handle events like this.  Literally an hour and half after Trump acknowledge the shooting on Twitter this is what he tweets

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Aside from the fact that Trump was obviously mocking a disability, it just shows all Trump can deal with is Trump.  He's incapable of stepping out of his huge fat bloviating ego for even two hours.

Fargobison

« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2016, 11:56:40 AM »
« Edited: June 12, 2016, 12:05:30 PM by Fargobison »

From the vile orange pile of trash...

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/742034549232766976
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2016, 11:58:57 AM »

Trump's base must be totally conflicted about this.  On one hand, a radical Islamist just murdered 50 people on American soil.  But on the other hand, they were gay, so...

What a vile human being you are

Huh  Not sure you've got the right person here.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2016, 12:00:22 PM »

Trump's base must be totally conflicted about this.  On one hand, a radical Islamist just murdered 50 people on American soil.  But on the other hand, they were gay, so...

Huh  Not sure you've got the right person here.

Thats his real account.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2016, 12:02:47 PM »

Did he buy his gun legally since then?
psychprofessor

« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2016, 12:06:37 PM »

please tell me donald trump didn't just freaking tweet himself a congratulations on being right about terrorism???
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2016, 12:08:02 PM »

What an ass.
Mallow
United States

« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2016, 12:10:09 PM »

Did he buy his gun legally since then?

Considering the shooter's father says an incident a couple months ago may have been the catalyst, it's certainly plausible.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2016, 12:15:08 PM »

Sadly, the majority of people will forget about this in a week.  It won't have an effect.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2016, 12:15:45 PM »

Well, I think then that maybe Hillary will be able to capitalize on this if she brings Trump's response into the open/MSM and fiercely champions gay rights, linking her words directly to the tragedy.

This was a safe space for gay people because they've been pushed out of so many other places. The parents of young gay men may just be finding out from this horrible night that their sons are gay. We have friends of these people wanting to donate blood who can't, based on a medieval policy. We have religious fundamentalism preaching hatred to the point that people compel themselves to go out and massacre gays. It's horrible, and if she goes hard on this issue and champions something like the blood issue, which a lot of people might not have talked about otherwise, she could curry favour... Especially with some of the Sanders folks who are still hesitant because her record on LGBT right is supposedly "worse" than Sanders'.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2016, 12:17:17 PM »

How long until some stupid Republican blames that gay couple for showing affection in public and not having the decency to be more covert?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2016, 12:18:34 PM »

^ The Lt Gov of TX essentially already did.  He deleted his twat already though.
Gabagool102
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2016, 12:23:13 PM »

Obviously, Trump this was the largest mass shooting in U.S history and it was done by a Muslim who was sympathetic to ISIS.
cwt

« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2016, 12:24:40 PM »

Trump's base must be totally conflicted about this.  On one hand, a radical Islamist just murdered 50 people on American soil.  But on the other hand, they were gay, so...

Are you kidding, this is perfect for his base.

It's possible Islamic terrorism, and when liberals start warning against Islamophobia, he's going to say "look, they don't care about gay people like I do."
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2016, 12:27:13 PM »

Trump's base must be totally conflicted about this.  On one hand, a radical Islamist just murdered 50 people on American soil.  But on the other hand, they were gay, so...

Are you kidding, this is perfect for his base.

It's possible Islamic terrorism, and when liberals start warning against Islamophobia, he's going to say "look, they don't care about gay people like I do."

That would be nice, but Trump is an idiot, you see.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #66 on: June 12, 2016, 12:27:58 PM »

^ The Lt Gov of TX essentially already did.  He deleted his twat already though.

That's because anti-gay religious homophobia whether Christian or Islamic are still two cheeks of the same arse.
EliteLX
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.64, S: 0.85

« Reply #67 on: June 12, 2016, 12:41:48 PM »
« Edited: June 12, 2016, 12:50:30 PM by EliteLX »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

#STOPTHEFORKSALREADY

Donald, obviously.  The weapon isn't the issue here, and if the weapon was such a liability we would have mass shootings up the wazoo and hundreds of mass-shooting deaths by the week.... andddd homicides and gun violence would be up buttt..
Mallow
United States

« Reply #68 on: June 12, 2016, 12:42:06 PM »

Well, I think then that maybe Hillary will be able to capitalize on this if she brings Trump's response into the open/MSM and fiercely champions gay rights, linking her words directly to the tragedy.

This was a safe space for gay people because they've been pushed out of so many other places. The parents of young gay men may just be finding out from this horrible night that their sons are gay. We have friends of these people wanting to donate blood who can't, based on a medieval policy. We have religious fundamentalism preaching hatred to the point that people compel themselves to go out and massacre gays. It's horrible, and if she goes hard on this issue and champions something like the blood issue, which a lot of people might not have talked about otherwise, she could curry favour... Especially with some of the Sanders folks who are still hesitant because her record on LGBT right is supposedly "worse" than Sanders'.

I certainly hope you're right about this. I'm not going to try to guess, though.
EliteLX
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.64, S: 0.85

« Reply #69 on: June 12, 2016, 12:49:10 PM »

Well the alt-Right couldn't have asked for better news. Americans are a tolerant people but we now have 15 straight years of the public being conditioned to see Muslims as the enemy in one form or another... and now this. It's not any one event. It's the drip, drip, drip. We need to see a very strong response from the American Muslim community, but I don't like the way this is headed. There's clearly a problem.

You're expecting an overbearingly strong response and all-out sect war from a religion whose holy text literally demands the exact event that took place in Orlando, Florida the past 24 hours. Does your logic, not your feelings, not see the issue with that?
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #70 on: June 12, 2016, 01:03:30 PM »

publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #71 on: June 12, 2016, 01:14:54 PM »

I think it will showcase how each candidates deals with addressing a national tragedy.

Barack Obama has had to deliver speech after speech after speech to attempt to heal the nation after numerous mass shootings. That's something I don't think Donald Trump is capable of doing in the slightest, and I think he will show that this week.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #72 on: June 12, 2016, 01:17:10 PM »

I think it will showcase how each candidates deals with addressing a national tragedy.

Barack Obama has had to deliver speech after speech after speech to attempt to heal the nation after numerous mass shootings. That's something I don't think Donald Trump is capable of doing in the slightest, and I think he will show that this week.

I think youre wrong.   Trumps non political, regular guy appeal is more raw for these situations.   Unlike fake and phony Hillary.
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #73 on: June 12, 2016, 01:18:24 PM »

I think it all depends who the people find to be more "statesmanlike". Hillary Clinton has her extensive foreign policy experience, and Trump has his bravado.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #74 on: June 12, 2016, 01:19:39 PM »

Clinton, I'd guess.

I think it's going to come out that the FBI was monitoring the shooter for some time, probably even encouraging his radical Islamist tendencies, in hopes of using him as a patsy in one of their fake terror attacks. When or if it comes out that the FBI knew about him but didn't do anything, Clinton can relentless attack FBI leadership, and Obama can ask for Comey's resignation. The recommendation to the Attorney General will be dead or hopelessly delayed, and any leaks can be spun as FBI "getting even".
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies