Does the recent gun massacre of 50+ LGBT people in Orlando, Florida...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:03:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Does the recent gun massacre of 50+ LGBT people in Orlando, Florida...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9
Poll
Question: ... swing the race more towards Clinton or Trump?
Clinton

Trump

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 158

Author Topic: Does the recent gun massacre of 50+ LGBT people in Orlando, Florida...  (Read 10901 times)
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: June 12, 2016, 03:22:24 PM »

TRUMP, especially if that thug has/had ties to ISIS.
rob in cal
« Reply #101 on: June 12, 2016, 03:28:46 PM »

On the immigration front, while the shooter was born in the US, his parents weren't and had the immigration policies supported by many of low immigration advocates like Sessions and Buchanan, people who like Trump, been in place in the 1980's probably not likely that his parents would have ever been allowed to immigrate here in the first place.  In that respect the Trump side, and the overall "lets have less immigrants come here in general" side might find some political justification from this.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #102 on: June 12, 2016, 03:32:38 PM »

Some of you guys are overthinking this.

To the typical "swing voter/undecided voter", this will be: "Wow, he's a Muslim! Muslims are bad! I knew it! TRUMP 2016!"

Obviously the left is going to spin it into homophobia or guns or wanting a steady hand as commander in chief, but nobody is insinuating Trump is going to win over the left.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #103 on: June 12, 2016, 03:35:11 PM »

To the typical "swing voter/undecided voter", this will be: "Wow, he's a Muslim! Muslims are bad! I knew it! TRUMP 2016!"

Obviously the left is going to spin it into homophobia or guns or wanting a steady hand as commander in chief, but nobody is insinuating Trump is going to win over the left.

Spot on!
Fusionmunster

« Reply #104 on: June 12, 2016, 03:43:40 PM »

https://twitter.com/costareports

Trump: "I said this was going to happen – and it is only going to get worse... We can't afford to be politically correct anymore."

He's going there.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #105 on: June 12, 2016, 03:52:04 PM »

People who think like this have already been enthusiastic Trump voters since, like, August. They are not undecided swing voters.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #106 on: June 12, 2016, 03:52:31 PM »

CNN reporting that the guns used in the attack were both purchased in the last few days before the attacks. Hillary will make this about gun control, Trump about Islamic terrorism. Whichever one resonates is anyone guess, but I hope for the good of this country its gun control.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #107 on: June 12, 2016, 03:54:43 PM »

CNN reporting that the guns used in the attack were both purchased in the last few days before the attacks. Hillary will make this about gun control, Trump about Islamic terrorism. Whichever one resonates is anyone guess, but I hope for the good of this country its gun control.

So he bought the guns legally in the last few days, months after Democrats and Hillary made a big deal about "terror watch list = no guns," only to have Republicans say no?
Fusionmunster

« Reply #108 on: June 12, 2016, 03:58:30 PM »

So he bought the guns legally in the last few days, months after Democrats and Hillary made a big deal about "terror watch list = no guns," only to have Republicans say no?

Yep. She's giving a speech in Ohio tomorrow. It's pretty obvious what the contents will be.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #109 on: June 12, 2016, 04:04:31 PM »

People who think like this have already been enthusiastic Trump voters since, like, August. They are not undecided swing voters.

Maybe we shouldn't be wondering about undecided voters as much as unenthusiastic voters. A "moderate" Republican who was planning to sit this election out might revert to 2002-style thinking as a result of this and conclude "you know, if it's a choice between Trump or the terrorists, I'll take Trump."
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #110 on: June 12, 2016, 04:07:07 PM »

The people that already thought that were voting Trump, you're right. I'm talking about the ones who were "undecided" about Muslims, just like how they were/are "undecided" about the election. As of now, it will bring them towards the "Muslims are bad! Go Trump!" side for a few weeks, until they forget about it after enough Honey Boo Boo episodes and celebrity gossip, then they'll be back to the "undecided" column again.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #111 on: June 12, 2016, 04:14:23 PM »

https://twitter.com/danmericaCNN

Preview of what Hillary will probably say tomorrow.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #112 on: June 12, 2016, 04:24:03 PM »

"Spin this into homophobia"? 

This was homophobic bigotry at the extreme, plain and simple. 
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #113 on: June 12, 2016, 04:45:54 PM »

The guy pledged allegiance to ISIS prior to the shooting and had connections with a suicide bomber, so clearly it goes deeper than just homophobia.
PaperKooper
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.23, S: 5.57

« Reply #114 on: June 12, 2016, 04:46:56 PM »

This will obviously help Trump, but I think its sickening how its already being politicized.  Wait a day at least, there are still families learning their loved ones are dead.  
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #115 on: June 12, 2016, 04:50:53 PM »

Hillary's statement is even worse than Trump's. Partisanship and politicking. Self-centered, vain and disdainful.

The choice between Clinton and Trump is easy. Hillary does not have a grain of humanity.
Mallow
United States

« Reply #116 on: June 12, 2016, 04:56:20 PM »

Hillary's statement is even worse than Trump's. Partisanship and politicking. Self-centered, vain and disdainful.

The choice between Clinton and Trump is easy. Hillary does not have a grain of humanity.

You were prepared to say this no matter what Clinton says. Of course, Clinton didn't say that. Re-read the post you just faux-outraged at.
Mallow
United States

« Reply #117 on: June 12, 2016, 04:57:49 PM »

The guy pledged allegiance to ISIS prior to the shooting and had connections with a suicide bomber, so clearly it goes deeper than just homophobia.

He specifically targeted a gay nightclub. And he made statements to his father about homosexuals several months ago. While it's obviously Islamic-extremism-related, it's also obviously homophobia-related. No spin necessary, and no need to sugar-coat things.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #118 on: June 12, 2016, 04:59:35 PM »

Obama is Cancelling his trip to Green Bay with Hillary on Wednesday
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #119 on: June 12, 2016, 04:59:40 PM »
« Edited: June 12, 2016, 05:02:50 PM by Seriously? »

Yeah, because more gun laws would have done anything to fix this. Until today, the guy was allegedly in good standing and had a permit to carry as a security guard. G4S security is a British company that also has a contract to move illegal aliens when they are caught at the border to their final resettlement places awaiting trial, etc.

I am not sure what this lovely person was doing for them, but he had been interviewed by the FBI on at least two occasions.

Sourcing: Palm Beach Post.

http://m.palmbeachpost.com/news/news/local/fort-pierce-apartment-building-evacuated-has-ties-/nrfFf/

2:12 P.M. Palm Beach County Sheriff Ric Bradshaw confirms earlier reports that Orlando shooter held valid firearm permit.

1:56 P.M. The global security firm G4S, with offices in Jupiter, has confirmed that Orlando shooter Omar Mateen has worked for the company since 2007. Statement from G4S:
“We are shocked and saddened by the tragic event that occurred at the Orlando nightclub. We can confirm that Omar Mateen had been employed with G4S since September 10, 2007. We are cooperating fully with all law enforcement authorities, including the FBI, as they conduct their investigation. Our thoughts and prayers are with all of the friends, families and people affected by this unspeakable tragedy.”

Related: More about G4S

1:28 p.m.: State records show a man named Omar Mateen is licensed as a security guard and also holds a firearms license. G4S, a global security firm with an office in Jupiter, listed an employee named Omar Mateen in a newsletter posted online. The company has not responded to requests to confirm whether its employee is the Orlando shooter.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #120 on: June 12, 2016, 05:03:22 PM »

He specifically targeted a gay nightclub. And he made statements to his father about homosexuals several months ago. While it's obviously Islamic-extremism-related, it's also obviously homophobia-related. No spin necessary, and no need to sugar-coat things.

You're preaching to the choir here. My point was the homophobia/guns is what the left will focus on, and the Muslim/Islamic terrorism side is what the right will focus on.

I'm not exactly waiting with bated breath to see which side "the undecided voters" fall on.
Mallow
United States

« Reply #121 on: June 12, 2016, 05:04:28 PM »

You're preaching to the choir here. My point was the homophobia/guns is what the left will focus on, and the Muslim/Islamic terrorism side is what the right will focus on.

I'm not exactly waiting with bated breath to see which side "the undecided voters" fall on.

Obviously, but the word "spin" connotes some lack of honesty or factual basis.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #122 on: June 12, 2016, 05:05:21 PM »

If I may add, not the entire left, just the irredeemable left wing partisan hacks. The people with integrity will not focus on that.
Mallow
United States

« Reply #123 on: June 12, 2016, 05:08:15 PM »

If I may add, not the entire left, just the irredeemable left wing partisan hacks. The people with integrity will not focus on that.

So you're suggesting people with integrity will conveniently ignore that this was clearly an act of homophobia? I have some choice words for you, but they would get me banned.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #124 on: June 12, 2016, 05:08:26 PM »

Obviously, but the word "spin" connotes some lack of honesty or factual basis.

Not necessarily, but I see your point.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies