Does the recent gun massacre of 50+ LGBT people in Orlando, Florida... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:45:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Does the recent gun massacre of 50+ LGBT people in Orlando, Florida... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ... swing the race more towards Clinton or Trump?
Clinton

Trump

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 158

Author Topic: Does the recent gun massacre of 50+ LGBT people in Orlando, Florida...  (Read 10930 times)
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« on: June 12, 2016, 10:57:43 AM »

Lol @ all the hacks voting for Clinton on the poll.

I despise Trump, but this will obviously help him immensely.

Too many Dem hacks here.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 03:35:11 PM »

Some of you guys are overthinking this.

To the typical "swing voter/undecided voter", this will be: "Wow, he's a Muslim! Muslims are bad! I knew it! TRUMP 2016!"

Obviously the left is going to spin it into homophobia or guns or wanting a steady hand as commander in chief, but nobody is insinuating Trump is going to win over the left.

Spot on!
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 04:50:53 PM »

Hillary's statement is even worse than Trump's. Partisanship and politicking. Self-centered, vain and disdainful.

The choice between Clinton and Trump is easy. Hillary does not have a grain of humanity.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 05:05:21 PM »

To the typical "swing voter/undecided voter", this will be: "Wow, he's a Muslim! Muslims are bad! I knew it! TRUMP 2016!"

Obviously the left is going to spin it into homophobia or guns or wanting a steady hand as commander in chief, but nobody is insinuating Trump is going to win over the left.
"Spin this into homophobia"?  

This was homophobic bigotry at the extreme, plain and simple.  

The guy pledged allegiance to ISIS prior to the shooting and had connections with a suicide bomber, so clearly it goes deeper than just homophobia.

He specifically targeted a gay nightclub. And he made statements to his father about homosexuals several months ago. While it's obviously Islamic-extremism-related, it's also obviously homophobia-related. No spin necessary, and no need to sugar-coat things.

You're preaching to the choir here. My point was the homophobia/guns is what the left will focus on, and the Muslim/Islamic terrorism side is what the right will focus on.

I'm not exactly waiting with bated breath to see which side "the undecided voters" fall on.

If I may add, not the entire left, just the irredeemable left wing partisan hacks. The people with integrity will not focus on that.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2016, 05:11:18 PM »

"Spin this into homophobia"?  

This was homophobic bigotry at the extreme, plain and simple.  

The guy pledged allegiance to ISIS prior to the shooting and had connections with a suicide bomber, so clearly it goes deeper than just homophobia.

He specifically targeted a gay nightclub. And he made statements to his father about homosexuals several months ago. While it's obviously Islamic-extremism-related, it's also obviously homophobia-related. No spin necessary, and no need to sugar-coat things.

You're preaching to the choir here. My point was the homophobia/guns is what the left will focus on, and the Muslim/Islamic terrorism side is what the right will focus on.

I'm not exactly waiting with bated breath to see which side "the undecided voters" fall on.

If I may add, not the entire left, just the irredeemable left wing partisan hacks. The people with integrity will not focus on that.

So you're suggesting people with integrity will conveniently ignore that this was clearly an act of homophobia?

Of course not, but they will not try to spin it as such, since it is pretty obvious the most important contributing factor was Islamic radicalism of the mass killer.

They will certainly not ask for weapons ban over this.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies