Does the recent gun massacre of 50+ LGBT people in Orlando, Florida... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:42:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Does the recent gun massacre of 50+ LGBT people in Orlando, Florida... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ... swing the race more towards Clinton or Trump?
Clinton

Trump

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 158

Author Topic: Does the recent gun massacre of 50+ LGBT people in Orlando, Florida...  (Read 10935 times)
rob in cal
« on: June 12, 2016, 11:03:11 AM »

By focusing attention on the perceived (rightly or wrongly) dangers of immigration, or the children of immigrants, from non-western countries, I can't see how it doesn't play into the Trump narrative.  This tragedy reminds me of an article I read recently about how some in  the gay community in Paris looks to the National Front as its protector against the further Islamification of France.
rob in cal
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 03:28:46 PM »

On the immigration front, while the shooter was born in the US, his parents weren't and had the immigration policies supported by many of low immigration advocates like Sessions and Buchanan, people who like Trump, been in place in the 1980's probably not likely that his parents would have ever been allowed to immigrate here in the first place.  In that respect the Trump side, and the overall "lets have less immigrants come here in general" side might find some political justification from this.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies