Should Omar Mateen have been legally allowed to buy a gun on June 10, 2016? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:56:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Should Omar Mateen have been legally allowed to buy a gun on June 10, 2016? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should Omar Mateen have been legally allowed to buy a gun on June 10, 2016?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 80

Author Topic: Should Omar Mateen have been legally allowed to buy a gun on June 10, 2016?  (Read 2255 times)
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« on: June 13, 2016, 06:59:29 AM »

As I stated in another thread, I sure do wish "pro-life" Republicans would work as hard at preventing men from getting guns as they do at preventing women from getting abortions.

I love how the party of Jesus so adamantly defends their "God-given right" to have a gun, but any attempt at curtailing gun violence is "TYRANNY!"

And I sure wish the party that espouses the values of Liberalism and tolerance would be more willing to stand up to the regressive and violent religion that has claimed the lives tens of thousands of Americans since 9/11 and apply to them the same scrutiny that they do to Christianity, but I guess neither party is perfect.

This guy was born in the US. No Trumpist anti-Muslim immigration policy would have kept him out.

The FBI had investigated him and found sketchy things but nothing definitive.

The only way you could have prevented this from happening is with stricter gun laws.

And please don't tell me that the people in that club should have had guns too, because then you'd just have a bunch of people shooting at each other in a dark, crowded, smoky nightclub.

It's not just what happened last night. It's the last 8 years of looking the other way, of burying heads in the sand, and of refusing to condemn these people whose warped idealogy has led to the deaths of so many.  I think that could have made a difference.

Yeah, it would have made the US unsafe for little conceivable benefit.

And no, he was a domestic abuse under literal FBI investigation who was a known racist and hate speech monger. Further confirmation that G4S is a lousy company if they hired him without a cursory glance at his background.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 07:10:24 PM »

I mean, in terms of motivation, the Colombine killers and Mateen aren't too far apart. They both wanted infamy and got it. The depth of Omar's big political statement was a token mention of isis. He didn't even release a manifesto, lazy sod.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2016, 11:20:24 AM »

Columbine shooters' motivations were essentially as political as Mateen's.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies