Do you support Trump's temporary Muslim ban
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:23:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Do you support Trump's temporary Muslim ban
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Poll
Question: -skip-
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 214

Author Topic: Do you support Trump's temporary Muslim ban  (Read 6452 times)
skoods
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2016, 04:25:39 PM »

"Temporary" is a hilarious lie.

As if Muslims or anyone would want to come to America once we start kicking people out for their faith. It's no longer America at that point; no longer a bastion of freedom.

This is exactly what the Islamic Fundamentalists want; to destroy the ideals and freedoms that make America the best country on earth. Not surprising that Drumpf and his cavalcade of crazies want it.

They want to change America. They want the whole world to see America as the villain like they do instead of the land of prosperity. Start throwing people out on the street because of their religion, in direct conflict with our Bill of Rights, and membership for ISIS will GROW PROFOUNDLY.
Thunderbird is the word
Zen Lunatic

« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2016, 04:27:53 PM »

SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2016, 04:37:21 PM »

Yes, but the policy should be stated much more precisely. Basically, there should be a list of countries from which we will not accept people, at least until such time as those responsible for vetting new arrivals are able to tell us with a high degree of confidence that the process is able to distinguish friends from problems. Until that can happen, I would recommend erring on the side of prudent caution.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2016, 04:40:50 PM »

No, banning individuals from setting foot in this country solely based on religion would make us no better than the Muslim countries that ban Israelis from entering their countries.

I could support quotas for immigrants from high-risk countries not dissimilar to the quotas we already extensively use for Chinese, Indian and Filipino immigrants in order to facilitate assimilation. Blanket bans of any sort would endanger the lives of Americans living abroad.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2016, 04:45:34 PM »

Just until we can figure out what is going on (normal)

Max, 2 weeks
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2016, 04:49:06 PM »

Max, 2 weeks
Let's say we banned Muslims for 2 weeks after Trump first proposed it in Nov 2015. What exactly what we have figured out? And is it worth making diplomacy in the Middle East (with countries other than Israel) impossible for years to come?
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2016, 04:52:08 PM »

Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2016, 05:01:26 PM »

After what happen in Orlando,Trump wants to ban Muslims more than ever. But the shooter was a American born citizen soooooo

Please don't bring facts into this

You know how facts are. They're very biased against Donald Trump.

Absolutely. Only bombastic rants allowed. No facts.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2016, 05:05:49 PM »

Max, 2 weeks
Let's say we banned Muslims for 2 weeks after Trump first proposed it in Nov 2015. What exactly what we have figured out? And is it worth making diplomacy in the Middle East (with countries other than Israel) impossible for years to come?

Only trump can solve Smiley
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2016, 05:12:21 PM »

Max, 2 weeks

Only trump can solve Smiley

Ah, vague "plans". Like candidate, like supporter.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2016, 05:33:11 PM »

No, not self hating.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2016, 05:47:00 PM »

Trump ONCE AGAIN lies and says practically every Muslim is a first generation immigrant.
Clarence Boddicker

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -5.91

« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2016, 06:22:00 PM »

No (not a fascist)
Orthogonian Society Treasurer
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix
E: 0.32, S: 4.78

P
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2016, 06:23:32 PM »

Yes (LGBT ally, not a bigot etc.)
andrew_c
Canada

« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2016, 06:28:36 PM »

Absolutely not.
Curbstomp
Rookie
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2016, 06:33:44 PM »

The obsession with Trump continues.

The Democrats on here need to choose, do they support the LGBT community or the Muslims who want to murder them because the Koran says so.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2016, 06:36:44 PM »

I don't support the Muslim ban. A religious test for immigration is discriminatory and wrong. However, there are extremist sects of Islam (which by no stretch of the imagination make up a majority of Muslims) that are anti-LGBT and anti-democracy and are the cause of this terror that we are seeing. We need to acknowledge this and work to deradicalize the refugees we take in, not refuse to take them in in the first place.

Also, choose between Muslims and LGBT? Which one do you want?
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2016, 06:39:20 PM »

The Democrats on here need to choose, do they support the LGBT community or the Muslims who want to murder them because the Koran says so.

SO all 1.6 BILLION of us want to kill them? The Bible also says to stone gays as well, can you find me anyone on this forum who can show you examples of me saying I want gay people dead?

Leviticus 20:13 ""'If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

It's a matter of interpretation, Judaism, Christianity and Islam are of the Semitic culture who, at the time was VERY anti-LGBT and MANY of the Semitic cultures STILL are, I advise you go go see how Middle East Christians feel about LGBT issues as well.

Many still take the Qur'an as VERBATIM, while modernists such as myself do not.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2016, 06:40:20 PM »

While Christians have never done anything wrong because of religion, of course.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2016, 06:40:51 PM »

SO all 1.6 BILLION of us want to kill them? The Bible also says to stone gays as well, can you find me anyone on this forum who can show you examples of me saying I want gay people dead?

Leviticus 20:13 ""'If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

It's a matter of interpretation, Judaism, Christianity and Islam are of the Semitic culture who, at the time was VERY anti-LGBT and MANY of the Semitic cultures STILL are, I advise you go go see how Middle East Christians feel about LGBT issues as well.

You modernists are a small minority.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2016, 06:42:06 PM »

I think, it would be nice to deport all Christians from the Americas. I mean, Christians came in an massacred the native population in the most genocidal way imaginable. One cannot trust that the life on the continent would be peaceful until the ugly stain of Christianity is fully removed. I would include the Judeo-Christians in it as well Smiley
Bakersfield Uber Alles
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2016, 06:42:29 PM »

#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2016, 06:43:08 PM »

The Islam today is not the same Islam as 60 years ago, it has become MUCH more conservative thanks to KSA's funding of Mosques and Imams who preach Wahhabism, I practice the same version as my parents, grandparents and their parents.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2016, 06:43:52 PM »

As someone who actually spent years on the Arabic and Islamic studies at the university, I can say you have no clue what you're talking about.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2016, 06:44:45 PM »

I think, it would be nice to deport all Christians from the Americas. I mean, Christians came in an massacred the native population in the most genocidal way imaginable. One cannot trust that the life on the continent would be peaceful until the ugly stain of Christianity is fully removed. I would include the Judeo-Christians in it as well Smiley

Those damn Jews came in and got massacred over and over again, what terrible people. Let's kick 'em out.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies