Do you support Trump's temporary Muslim ban
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:49:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Do you support Trump's temporary Muslim ban
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Poll
Question: -skip-
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 214

Author Topic: Do you support Trump's temporary Muslim ban  (Read 6411 times)
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2016, 06:46:51 PM »

The obsession with Trump continues.

The Democrats on here need to choose, do they support the LGBT community or the Muslims who want to murder them because the Koran says so.

SO all 1.6 BILLION of us want to kill them? The Bible also says to stone gays as well, can you find me anyone on this forum who can show you examples of me saying I want gay people dead?

Leviticus 20:13 ""'If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

It's a matter of interpretation, Judaism, Christianity and Islam are of the Semitic culture who, at the time was VERY anti-LGBT and MANY of the Semitic cultures STILL are, I advise you go go see how Middle East Christians feel about LGBT issues as well.

Many still take the Qur'an as VERBATIM, while modernists such as myself do not.

You modernists are a small minority.

As someone who actually spent years on the Arabic and Islamic studies at the university, I can say you have no clue what you're talking about.

No, I know exactly what Im talking about. Liberal Islam is a very very small percentage of Islam.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2016, 06:48:05 PM »

The Democrats on here need to choose, do they support the LGBT community or the Muslims who want to murder them because the Koran says so.

SO all 1.6 BILLION of us want to kill them? The Bible also says to stone gays as well, can you find me anyone on this forum who can show you examples of me saying I want gay people dead?

Leviticus 20:13 ""'If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

It's a matter of interpretation, Judaism, Christianity and Islam are of the Semitic culture who, at the time was VERY anti-LGBT and MANY of the Semitic cultures STILL are, I advise you go go see how Middle East Christians feel about LGBT issues as well.

As someone who actually spent years on the Arabic and Islamic studies at the university, I can say you have no clue what you're talking about.

No, I know exactly what Im talking about. Liberal Islam is a very very small percentage of Islam.

modernist =/= liberal, I'm NOT a liberal when it comes to my faith.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2016, 06:48:46 PM »

I think, it would be nice to deport all Christians from the Americas. I mean, Christians came in an massacred the native population in the most genocidal way imaginable. One cannot trust that the life on the continent would be peaceful until the ugly stain of Christianity is fully removed. I would include the Judeo-Christians in it as well Smiley

Those damn Jews came in and got massacred over and over again, what terrible people. Let's kick 'em out.

I mean, I have nothing against my type of Jews Smiley But those Jews who want to be the white men, they are honorary Christians anyway. Get rid of the Judeo-Christians Smiley
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2016, 06:49:06 PM »

If it has to be between Muslims who want to murder LGBT folk and LGBT folk then obviously I'd choose the latter. But let's look at it this way. There are plenty of American Muslims who don't go around beating their wives and constantly making racist, sexist and homophobic comments at work, and whose fathers don't claim to be Afghan presidents. There were plenty of signs from this guy besides just the fact that he was Muslim, like the fact that he was unde FBI investigation twice. A poll from last years said 42% of American Muslims think gay marriage should be legal. That was higher than evangelical Christians at 28%. How do you square that with Manteenism? There's no question that law enforcement should have been more vigilant. There are plenty of decent Muslims too though, heck there are even LGBT Muslims. We should be reaching out to them and raising their voices.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2016, 06:49:46 PM »

First define what constitutes a "liberal" Islam. It's not necessarily a synonymous with "modernist" Islam.

Not to mention that a vast majority of the Muslim population worldwise is not involved with any terrorism. But we somehow operate under the impression that all Muslims everywhere are knife-wielding fanatics, looking out to cut someone's throat.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2016, 06:54:12 PM »

TFW American Muslims are more Pro-LGBT than Evangelicals lol. When I mentioned that half of American Muslims SUPPORTED marriage equality and a MAJORITY didn't have issues with LGBT community, I was laughed at by some of the more.....conservative people.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2016, 06:57:41 PM »

No.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2016, 06:58:58 PM »
« Edited: June 13, 2016, 08:59:38 PM by Meclazine »

I have worked with Islamic people in Indonesia and Bosnia and more peaceful people you will not find.

They were kinder and more relaxed than the good country people i met in Ohio, who are the friendliest people in the world.

When Islam is practised by peaceful people, it is truly a sight to behold. You have to go to Indonesia or Turkey to see it in action. It is a shame that 17-28 yo men have lost the plot and used their anger to pervert the religion.

The Indonesian and Bosnian muslims abhor the Middle Eastern perverted version of their religion, that is, ISIS.

Islam is very different in Europe, in Asia and in the Middle East.

So Donald Trump's ban is pointless.

He could easily achieve the same outcome by stopping Syrian, Afghani, Iraqi refugees who arrive illegally.

Then going to these countries and handpicking the ones you believe are genuine refugees.

That is the Australian process.

The wall, the islamic ban. They wont work.

As the election nears, these ISIS freaks are going to go nuts to try and get Trump elected.

They want World War III.

#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2016, 07:09:02 PM »

And what does Trump plan to do with the 1.5-6.0 million of us already here, newsflash TRUMP, I am an American citizen, born and bred as you are. A very large segment and I would dare say a slight majority of Muslims in the U.S are either native born or converts to the faith. There is a reason why African Americans make up a larger percentage of the overall adherent population here, they are the most likely to convert.

Not only does his rhetoric alienate the Muslim-American community and global Islamic community, it's turning many allies away.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #59 on: June 13, 2016, 07:20:06 PM »

I think, it would be nice to deport all Christians from the Americas. I mean, Christians came in an massacred the native population in the most genocidal way imaginable. One cannot trust that the life on the continent would be peaceful until the ugly stain of Christianity is fully removed. I would include the Judeo-Christians in it as well Smiley

Yes! Now you're on to something! GET EM OUTTA HERE! OUT, OUT, OUT!
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #60 on: June 13, 2016, 08:43:14 PM »

Of all the gun attacks that killed more than 10 people in the US - Muslims now make 28.4 percent of the total, despite being about 2 percent of the total population in the US.

This is rather exceptional because as of 2009, that number was zero.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #61 on: June 13, 2016, 08:46:02 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

What to do about the ones who are American citizens? If they do terrorist attacks, lock them up and put them away. If they are conclusively shown to have sponsored terrorist attacks, also lock them up and put them away.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #62 on: June 13, 2016, 09:03:18 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

What to do about the ones who are American citizens? If they do terrorist attacks, lock them up and put them away. If they are conclusively shown to have sponsored terrorist attacks, also lock them up and put them away.

That is the exact discussion happening in Australia right now. There is a call for people jailed of terrorist offences to be put away indefinitely.

We jailed this clown in 2005, but he simply went on to bigger and better things straight after release.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-12-11/malcolm-turnbull-wants-to-treat-terrorists-like-paedophiles/7019348

Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #63 on: June 13, 2016, 09:07:54 PM »

No (not a bigoted fascist)
Gabagool102
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #64 on: June 13, 2016, 09:30:05 PM »

Yes and no. I think that most countries in the middle east should be banned from immigration. That being said, countries like Albania , Bosnia and turkey aren't that much of a threat and people can be identified. So only in countries where terrorism and sharia law is prevalent (aka. most of North Africa and the Middle East)
Mercenary

Political Matrix
E: -3.94, S: -2.70

« Reply #65 on: June 13, 2016, 10:05:34 PM »

No.

For one I oppose banning a religion or group of people in general.
For another it is a great way to give government even more power over us and saying what is an acceptable and what isn't an acceptable religion. How about we ban Christians next or perhaps not all Christians just the ones of denominations the president dislikes.

It is sad how much support their is for authoritarianism in this country.

It's like that saying only change it up a bit...

First they came for the Muslims, and I did not speak out because I was not a Muslim...
Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak for me.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #66 on: June 13, 2016, 10:12:14 PM »

No. I care about what this country stands for.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #67 on: June 13, 2016, 10:18:20 PM »
« Edited: June 13, 2016, 10:22:52 PM by Seriously? »

I don't think they care about destroying our ideals, actually Ive never heard a terrorist say that.  They just want to kill as many of us as possible.
While I don't agree with an across-the-board ban, I think that this country has the right to do whatever it wants to limit access for whomever we don't want coming into this country.

Trump can do it in theory.

In practice, it would be very messy in implementation, unseemly and un-American to have the sole basis for rejection of a visa application which God you believe in.

I do think though that we should NOT bring in refugees from countries like Syria and should strictly limit immigration from countries that show a proclivity toward Islamic Extremism. As Saturday night showed, all it takes is one moron to wreak mayhem on innocent civilians here, citizen or not.
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #68 on: June 14, 2016, 12:59:00 AM »

No, targeting a group based on religion is blatant discrimination and reminds me of the rhetoric which "justified" putting my family in an internment camp.
Kleine Scheiße
PeteHam
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.16, S: -1.74

P P

« Reply #69 on: June 14, 2016, 01:11:16 AM »
« Edited: July 19, 2019, 03:55:41 AM by Celes »

I want to see immigration reduced as a whole, across the board, without regard to country of origin or religion or any other demographic.

If we absolutely have to have demographic-specific reduction, however, do it based on hard statistics, and geography. "Muslim" can mean about a million different things for a million different people. You want to make it a culture war, fine, just make sure you base it on culture, not just religion (which is just one highly variable element of "culture").

EDIT JULY 19 2019: This post is disgusting and does not align with the views or work that I have pursued since. I apologize to immigrants everywhere. We are a nation of immigrants.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #70 on: June 14, 2016, 01:25:33 AM »

I want to see immigration reduced as a whole, across the board, without regard to country of origin or religion or any other demographic.

If we absolutely have to have demographic-specific reduction, however, do it based on hard statistics, and geography. "Muslim" can mean about a million different things for a million different people. You want to make it a culture war, fine, just make sure you base it on culture, not just religion (which is just one highly variable element of "culture").

Very similar, but my view is I want to see immigration reduced as a whole, across the board, with regard to country of origin or religion or any other demographic.

Australia has a distinct bias towards Christian refugees in the latest intake.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/immigration/australia-to-take-more-christian-refugees-fleeing-islamic-state/news-story/c6e8bbcb270767a68d4f7c90379a83e3

So we dont let the refugees choose to come here. No boat people since 2013 have arrived.

We then hand pick our refugees from Syrian refugee camps with special preference for woman and children of a Christian and Kurdish background.

After the spot rapes of German women in Cologne, the favourability of muslim immigration turned south.

Even with the 12,000 immigrants selected for arrival in Australia, only 22% of Australians supported the move.

The real issue many have with Islamic immigration from Syria is that there are 12 muslim countries between Syria and Australia where refugees could settle.

If Islamic refugees come to Australia and do nothing but become a burden on welfare, that is one problem. But to see the perverse forms of islamic terrorism that they bring, then their argument is out the window.

Example in the last 24 hours:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jun/13/french-policeman-stabbed-death-paris

This stuff is live, and something needs to be done.

I dont think what Trump is saying is effective, and I dont support it, but at least, he is having the conversation.

HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #71 on: June 14, 2016, 02:16:01 AM »

No because I'm not a HP.

While I'm agnostic and I believe all organized religions are oppressive tools of mind control, people should (and do) have the constitutional right to practice whatever religion/faith/spirituality they choose in our country. Trump's draconian policy to ban Muslims is just on its face unconstitutional: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion or prohibiting the free exercise there of..."

Again, how can most Republicans/conservatives claim to be strict constructionists and adherents to the Constitution when they so blatantly ignore every amendment in the document except for Two Corinthians, I mean, the Second Amendment.

What's even sadder is that a majority of Republicans support Trump's Muslim ban.
Redban

« Reply #72 on: June 14, 2016, 08:01:26 AM »

No because I'm not a HP.

While I'm agnostic and I believe all organized religions are oppressive tools of mind control, people should (and do) have the constitutional right to practice whatever religion/faith/spirituality they choose in our country. Trump's draconian policy to ban Muslims is just on its face unconstitutional: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion or prohibiting the free exercise there of..."

Again, how can most Republicans/conservatives claim to be strict constructionists and adherents to the Constitution when they so blatantly ignore every amendment in the document except for Two Corinthians, I mean, the Second Amendment.

What's even sadder is that a majority of Republicans support Trump's Muslim ban.

But he's not making Islam illegal in the United States, nor is he making any "law respecting an establishment of religion or prohibiting the free exercise thereof." Muslims already here would continue to practice their faith under Trump's policy. In fact, Muslims abroad would also continue to practice their faith; they just won't be able to come here for some time.

In addition, there is a clear precedent that the Constitution applies only to people in the United States, not to people abroad. Hence, many scholars contend that Trump's proposed Muslim ban would withstand a court challenge.
wolfsblood07
United States

« Reply #73 on: June 14, 2016, 08:03:54 AM »

I support not only that but a moratorium on all immigration.  Perhaps 50 years or more.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #74 on: June 14, 2016, 08:20:04 AM »

It's bigoted and asinine. One should treat immigrant applicants on an individual basis, not mindlessly affix a scarlet letter to them, because they are part of some group that some dislike or fear.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies