Do young voters resonate with Trump's divisive and racist rhetoric? Really?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:51:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Do young voters resonate with Trump's divisive and racist rhetoric? Really?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Do young voters resonate with Trump's divisive and racist rhetoric? Really?  (Read 3192 times)
Bismarck
Chancellor

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2016, 09:41:34 PM »

I think Trump resonates among the same types of younger people as he does among older people, there are just a much smaller percentage of those sorts of people in the younger generations. Trump will hold republican leaning young people because they won't vote for Clinton even if they don't like Trump, but he will not be able to broaden the base. Romney had at least some appeal to younger business oriented types, Trump has virtually none.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2016, 09:46:51 PM »

MUH RACISM. Stop with this meme it has no basis to it. Mexicans arent a race and hispanic isn't a race.

What?
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2016, 09:55:04 PM »

The more Trump speaks, the more we get an idea of who and what he is really like.

I can't imagine that the young voters of today are drawn to a message like his, especially after the ascent of The Bern.

Do young voters resonate with Trump's B.S.?

Do you think the young Bernie voters are going to go for Trump in any significant numbers if they don't feel drawn to vote for Hillary?

MUH RACISM. Stop with this meme it has no basis to it. Mexicans arent a race and hispanic isn't a race.

Census bureau and most of the country says Hispanic is a race, so for all intents and purposes, it is.
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2016, 10:07:26 PM »

Most young voters are beyond any hope and live in an alternate reality, so no.

smh damn youths with their tolerant attitudes.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2016, 11:28:52 PM »
« Edited: June 13, 2016, 11:36:20 PM by omegascarlet »

The Democrat Party claims to support gays/transsexuals but has thrown them under the bus because a Muslim attacked a gay hangout. LBGTs should disavow the Democrat Party.

As a transsexual bisexual girl, I say that you are stupid. You claim that the Democratic party is anti-lgbt for not attacking Muslims when the republican party wants to force trans people to use the wrong bathrooms and has fought to AMEND THE CONSTITUTION to make gay marriage illegal.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2016, 11:32:53 PM »

The Democrat Party claims to support gays/transsexuals but has thrown them under the bus because a Muslim attacked a gay hangout. LBGTs should disavow the Democrat Party.

As a transsexual bisexual woman, I say that you are stupid. You claim that the Democratic party is anti-lgbt for not attacking Muslims when the republican party wants to force trans people to use the wrong bathrooms and has fought to AMEND THE CONSTITUTION to make gay marriage illegal.

Literally this.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2016, 11:46:12 PM »

I'm sure the dead of Orlando would be glad that their deaths would be used to justify the oppression of a minority group.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2016, 12:46:37 AM »

As a transsexual bisexual girl, I say that you are stupid. You claim that the Democratic party is anti-lgbt for not attacking Muslims when the republican party wants to force trans people to use the wrong bathrooms and has fought to AMEND THE CONSTITUTION to make gay marriage illegal.
What do you think of liberals who amended state constitutions to legalize marijuana? I oppose constitutional amendments in either case, but surely marriage is more central to society than getting high?
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2016, 12:53:05 AM »
« Edited: June 14, 2016, 01:31:16 AM by Meclazine »

For those youth who are not politically interested and are seeking simple solutions:

No terrorists;
No illegal Mexican immigration;

then Trump satisfies, he really does. They don't care what he says after that.

The majority of the electorate are not as politically interested in this race as we are.

You are reading too much into this.

My 13yo son has pretty simple views on terrorism. Let's just piss it off.

So he listen's to Trump and here's the simple solution and the bond is made.

The fact that if he says the word "Trump" to his English teacher, he will get suspended is another issue.

The other issue which youth must clearly see in the USA is the inequality of wealth.

Bernie had a better solution, but I cannot imagine too many young voters happy with the current government.

Trump has promised to shake things up, and if that is what the young electorate want, then that is the way they will vote.

It's not a fashion contest, and even whilst many Atlas threads start with "He's so despicable.....I can't stand it", that does not change the fact people are already decided on voting for him.

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2016, 02:22:39 AM »

The more Trump speaks, the more we get an idea of who and what he is really like.

I can't imagine that the young voters of today are drawn to a message like his, especially after the ascent of The Bern.

Do you think the young Bernie voters are going to go for Trump in any significant numbers if they don't feel drawn to vote for Hillary?

Census bureau and most of the country says Hispanic is a race, so for all intents and purposes, it is.

Paging BRTD
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2016, 02:26:55 AM »

What do you think of liberals who amended state constitutions to legalize marijuana? I oppose constitutional amendments in either case, but surely marriage is more central to society than getting high?

One is DEMANDING people live their lives according to lawmaker's morals, the other is giving people the OPTION of living their lives free from the lawmaker's morals.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2016, 04:18:58 AM »

I hate how we just group young voters. I mean most of us are more socially liberal and fiscally conservative than the last generation, but there are still significant differences between how many young voters think

In what universe is this?
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2016, 04:40:32 AM »

I hate how we just group young voters. I mean most of us are more socially liberal and fiscally conservative than the last generation, but there are still significant differences between how many young voters think

Hahahahhahahajhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahaha
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2016, 05:46:23 AM »

NO. Hispanic is NOT a separate race on the US Census.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2016, 09:58:39 AM »

In what universe is this?
Huh

Young people are not more 'fiscally conservative' than their relatives partly because that's not a real thing and partly because they economic agenda of the GOP is the most unpopular facet among young people. You are projecting.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2016, 10:40:33 AM »

Conservative Parties are doing terrible among young people everywhere (in the west). This is probably as they are less receptive to traditional nationalist messages and (I think this is very important) much less likely to own significant property than even their counterparts of 30 years ago. Their problems will continue into the future.
RR1997
United States

« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2016, 12:22:01 PM »

Youth voters obviously do not resonate with Donald Trump's divisive and racist rhetoric. 
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2016, 12:48:38 PM »

Are you saying voters who AREN'T "beyond any hope" respond to racist and divisive rhetoric?  I'd really like you to explain that empty quote.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2016, 12:53:00 PM »

Mitt Romney needed 61% of the white vote to win the 2012 election. As demographics have shifted in four years, he's probably now going to need even more of the white vote to be able to win. Romney abandoned trying to appeal to minorities when 0% of Blacks surveyed said they would vote for Romney, and something like 30% of Hispanics said they would. The result: racially charged Welfare Queen ads comprising half of his ads for the final month and a half of the campaign.

That's the whole point of the racist rhetoric at this point: trying to increase the white vote by getting out more and more stupid rural voters who can count their teeth on one hand.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2016, 12:55:45 PM »

Are you saying voters who AREN'T "beyond any hope" respond to racist and divisive rhetoric?  I'd really like you to explain that empty quote.
They're beyond hope because they do not judge Trump objectively. Every recent GOP nominee, from Nixon to Reagan to the Bushes to Romney has used dog whistles and racially divisive rhetoric to get votes. Trump just happens to be slightly more direct and does not use dog whistles. The Democrats do it too, with their "white privilege" cries. As for being divisive, that's not even a bad thing. Lincoln was, by definition, the most divisive president in US history, but I don't see you or any other anti-Trump Republicans criticizing him for it.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2016, 01:07:23 PM »

.... Lincoln was, by definition, the most divisive president in US history, but I don't see you or any other anti-Trump Republicans criticizing him for it.

I don't think Lincoln was divisive in order to win media points.

Besides, Lincoln was a politician, not a reality TV star. Trump is a joke.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2016, 01:18:59 PM »

Are you saying voters who AREN'T "beyond any hope" respond to racist and divisive rhetoric?  I'd really like you to explain that empty quote.

They're beyond hope because they do not judge Trump objectively. Every recent GOP nominee, from Nixon to Reagan to the Bushes to Romney has used dog whistles and racially divisive rhetoric to get votes. Trump just happens to be slightly more direct and does not use dog whistles. The Democrats do it too, with their "white privilege" cries. As for being divisive, that's not even a bad thing. Lincoln was, by definition, the most divisive president in US history, but I don't see you or any other anti-Trump Republicans criticizing him for it.

Oh good God !
People .... please stop trying to compare Republicans 150 years ago to the GOP party, its politicians or its Presidents of today. You can NOT compare the "Lincoln as a Republican" to "trump as a Republican." The times, the people, the laws, technology, society ..... EVERYTHING about life and living was very different ..... around the world and in the US.
wolfsblood07
United States

« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2016, 01:39:26 PM »

The current voting age in college is beyond hope but my age Grades 5-12 are pretty conservative from my experiences.
Yes, I agree.  Young boys especially are very conservative.  They love the army, guns, sports.  They have no use for "alternate lifestyles". 
James Monroe

« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2016, 02:05:24 PM »

The current voting age in college is beyond hope but my age Grades 5-12 are pretty conservative from my experiences.
Yes, I agree.  Young boys especially are very conservative.  They love the army, guns, sports.  They have no use for "alternate lifestyles". 

I bet you can find some liberals in the corps, though not necessarily the stereotypical ones that perpetuate media. What does loving sports make you conservative, outside of being a "guy's" thing and athletes are more likely to be conservative then not?
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2016, 03:42:42 PM »

Mitt Romney needed 61% of the white vote to win the 2012 election. As demographics have shifted in four years, he's probably now going to need even more of the white vote to be able to win. Romney abandoned trying to appeal to minorities when 0% of Blacks surveyed said they would vote for Romney, and something like 30% of Hispanics said they would. The result: racially charged Welfare Queen ads comprising half of his ads for the final month and a half of the campaign.

That's the whole point of the racist rhetoric at this point: trying to increase the white vote by getting out more and more stupid rural voters who can count their teeth on one hand.

Yeah, there aren't any racists in suburbs and urban areas.

God, I swear you become more simplistic by the week.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies