Last-minute poll: Will Bernie finally go home tomorrow?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:41:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Last-minute poll: Will Bernie finally go home tomorrow?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Jesus man, there's not even a race anymore, what are you running in?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 47

Author Topic: Last-minute poll: Will Bernie finally go home tomorrow?  (Read 753 times)
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 14, 2016, 01:22:19 AM »

He said he was going to wait until after everyone had voted.  For some reason he's stubbornly insisted that that include the 0.000001% of the population that lives in DC so he can get crushed by sixty points tomorrow.  OK, fine.  But is he going to go home tomorrow (Not "drop out" because there's no race left for him to drop out of) or will he continue to pretend he's in the race, hold rallies or whatever he'll do?  I don't even know what he'd do.  Whatever.  I'm out of speculation.  But he should get out.  He'll really, really, really embarrass himself if he gives another speech saying he's staying in.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 01:24:25 AM »

My guess is tomorrow or Wednesday. If you read between the lines, you can tell that his recent statements suggest that he's on his way out. Well, he's probably not done with being involved in this race, just that he's done campaigning as a candidate.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2016, 01:30:44 AM »

My guess is tomorrow or Wednesday. If you read between the lines, you can tell that his recent statements suggest that he's on his way out. Well, he's probably not done with being involved in this race, just that he's done campaigning as a candidate.

Yeah he hasn't done much this week to get under my skin.  Apparently he gave a speech today or yesterday saying he was going to take it to the convention?  But I only know that because someone posted a link to it on Facebook with the typical stupid caption, didn't hear about it in the news at all.

He needs to get out though, the race can't really start until he's gone.  Hillary's already running full sprint but it's like she forgot to tie one of her shoes or something, just not the complete experience until Bernie's officially in the ground and not threatening to stir up even more primary sh*t in the middle of July or something.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 01:36:01 AM »

^He's talked about taking "issues" to the convention. I'm pretty sure he means influencing the platform, rather than actually contesting the convention. We'll know more tomorrow, though.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2016, 02:12:01 AM »

He will "end his campaign", but promise to take his ideas to the convention where he will endorse Hillary in a big speech.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2016, 09:27:22 AM »

He said he was going to wait until after everyone had voted.  For some reason he's stubbornly insisted that that include the 0.000001% of the population that lives in DC so he can get crushed by sixty points tomorrow. 

DC has more people and voters than Wyoming and Vermont, so it probably looks pretty big to Bernie. 
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2016, 07:56:55 PM »

Sorry, bro.  Party to save, platforms to change. Ya know, as you do.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2016, 08:13:23 PM »

Yeah he hasn't done much this week to get under my skin. Apparently he gave a speech today or yesterday saying he was going to take it to the convention?  But I only know that because someone posted a link to it on Facebook with the typical stupid caption, didn't hear about it in the news at all.
Yes, because the point of politics is to make the guy who the deluge thread is named after happy.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2016, 10:40:16 PM »

Yeah he hasn't done much this week to get under my skin. Apparently he gave a speech today or yesterday saying he was going to take it to the convention?  But I only know that because someone posted a link to it on Facebook with the typical stupid caption, didn't hear about it in the news at all.
Yes, because the point of politics is to make the guy who the deluge thread is named after happy.

What?
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2016, 10:51:22 PM »

Thursday
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2016, 11:04:58 PM »

If he's not going the endorsement and withdraw route, then he should just stop campaigning and wait for the movement to die down. He can then pop back up in a month or so, perhaps a week before the convention and say that he supports Clinton.

In fact, I actually think that would be a rather good idea. His more die hard supporters will need a little while to cool off, and actively campaigning or making yourself a presence before an endorsement won't help the process of reconciliation. 
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2016, 11:39:52 PM »

Probably Thursday, however I am guessing he will be on the campaign trail for Clinton.
Desroko
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2016, 11:43:14 PM »

If he's not going the endorsement and withdraw route, then he should just stop campaigning and wait for the movement to die down.

Well, there was no rally, he's sent no fundraising emails, and most of his staff has been sent home.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies