Trump tweets that he "appreciates the congrats" on "being right" (Orlando)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:08:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump tweets that he "appreciates the congrats" on "being right" (Orlando)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Trump tweets that he "appreciates the congrats" on "being right" (Orlando)  (Read 2894 times)
Sorenroy
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -5.91

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2016, 09:44:26 PM »

Given that Trump has been campaigning against homegrown ISIS related terrorism, it is inevitable that he will comment on this issue.

Except he really hasn't. His whole thing is protecting America from outside forces, and while he has remarked on homegrown terrorist incidents, he hasn't really (as far as I've heard) incorporated a strategy to deal with them into his stump speech. If I'm wrong please correct me (I don't really follow Trump closely enough to know), but I have a feeling I'm right.

Is there any way he blows this off as something he didn't wright, or is there another way for him to minimize the damage on this?
Fargobison

« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2016, 09:58:41 PM »

Cruz was the candidate that said the most about homegrown terrorists, Trump did agree with what Ted said.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2016, 09:45:17 AM »

A disgusting psychopath. He has no empathy, he continues to spread fear, hate and bigotery. The GOP should dump him at the convention and nominate a sane candidate like Kasich, Rubio or Ryan. Even Cruz would be better.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2016, 11:59:37 AM »

A disgusting psychopath. He has no empathy, he continues to spread fear, hate and bigotery. The GOP should dump him at the convention and nominate a sane candidate like Kasich, Rubio or Ryan. Even Cruz would be better.

The main argument I hear against this is "It will infuriate the base and garauntee a loss" but at this point it's unlikely Trump wins anyway. And it's hard to tell which will cause more lasting damage to the GOP, letting Trump be their standard-bearer till November or ignoring the primary and dumping him.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2016, 05:43:43 PM »

I'm done with this election cycle.  I can't take it anymore.  It's giving me a lot of anxiety.

I'd rather immerse myself in music over my summer break.  Anything but this.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2016, 06:51:03 PM »

Interesting. A Muslim murders gays and somehow it's Trump's fault?

Nobody has said this. Why are you lying about what people say?
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2016, 06:54:09 PM »

He's at it again:
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/742464647878561794

"I thought people weren’t celebrating? They were cheering all over, even this savage from Orlando. I was right."

Why does he have to make everything about himself? His disgusting narcissism is a distraction from the tragedy that happened.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2016, 01:56:01 PM »

Awful.  I want to say Trump's heading back into McCain territory if he keeps this up.  Also, I'm starting to think unbinding all of the R delegates could be back on the table soon.

This would make the GOP collapse even worse.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2016, 02:14:04 PM »

Awful.  I want to say Trump's heading back into McCain territory if he keeps this up.  Also, I'm starting to think unbinding all of the R delegates could be back on the table soon.

This would make the GOP collapse even worse.

Seriously. The GOP forfeited their ability to block Trump from the nomination without serious side effects many months ago. At this point, stealing the nomination from him could very well hurt them more in November than if they had just let the Trump sickness run its course. Denying Trump would help validate all those Republican voters beliefs that their party doesn't care about them / used them only for votes.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2016, 12:24:42 AM »

At first I thought this attack would definitely help Trump, but his response has been so utterly botched...from the initial gloating tweet to implying that Obama is complicit in terrorism, that I'm not so sure anymore. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

All he needed to do was sit back, express sympathy, and be a serious candidate for once. It was a perfect opportunity for him and he blew it.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2016, 01:58:26 AM »

Why hasn't anybody in his campaign suggested that somebody else takes over his Twatter account?

Or at the very least write it for him.  He could still get the same point across if he used more "political" speak.

Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies