Sanders to hold video address for supporters
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:57:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Sanders to hold video address for supporters
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
Author Topic: Sanders to hold video address for supporters  (Read 5071 times)
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: June 16, 2016, 08:22:39 PM »

Let's keep this in perspective, this was a message to his supporters to thank them and carefully explain that he will be endorsing Clinton eventually and that people who worked for and agree with his platform are desperately needed in local and state politics.  Are you folks really disagreeing with that?

NO, BECAUSE THE EVIL MISOGYNIST SHOULD BOW DOWN TO HILLARY CLINTON AS SHE BEAT THE RACIST FAIR AND SQUARE.  THIS IS AN UNPRECEDENTED ACT OF MISOGYNY AND SANDERS IS SINGLE-HANDEDLY GOING TO DELIVER THE ELECTION TO TRUMP BY DOING THIS.  DOES HE EVEN CARE?  IT'S LIKE HE WANTS TRUMP TO BE ELECTED, AT LEAST THAT'S WHAT I'M SERIOUSLY STARTING TO BELIEVE.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #101 on: June 16, 2016, 08:25:27 PM »
« Edited: June 16, 2016, 08:32:08 PM by JerryArkansas »

Let's keep this in perspective, this was a message to his supporters to thank them and carefully explain that he will be endorsing Clinton eventually and that people who worked for and agree with his platform are desperately needed in local and state politics.  Are you folks really disagreeing with that?
If you read the posts that I and several others (but not all) have made on the matter, you would know the answer.  He could do all those things while still endorsing her now.  Keeping this going does nothing but hurt all of the causes that he championed in this race.  He's shooting himself in the foot if he keeps going without dropping out.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #102 on: June 16, 2016, 08:36:47 PM »

Let's keep this in perspective, this was a message to his supporters to thank them and carefully explain that he will be endorsing Clinton eventually and that people who worked for and agree with his platform are desperately needed in local and state politics.  Are you folks really disagreeing with that?
If you read the posts that I and several others (but not all) have made on the matter, you would know the answer.  He could do all those things while still endorsing her now.  Keeping this going does nothing but hurt all of the causes that he championed in this race.  He's shooting himself in the foot if he keeps going without dropping out.

If he endorses her two days after the last primary I can almost guarantee his followers would accuse him of being bought off and throw him under the bus, and he'd basically have no influence on them after.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #103 on: June 16, 2016, 08:40:11 PM »

If he endorses her two days after the last primary I can almost guarantee his followers would accuse him of being bought off and throw him under the bus, and he'd basically have no influence on them after.
Then those supporters would have been idiots who deserve no mention.  Anyone who would rather have Trump instead of Hillary on the Left are both cowards and entitled children who won't be hurt by a Trump Presidency, unlike the Hispanic, Native American, Black, Poor, Women, Gays, Muslims, and most any other minority group.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #104 on: June 16, 2016, 08:42:45 PM »

Looking forward to 2019 when the good people of Vermont have a junior senator who isn't a do-nothing layabout who never goes to work because he's too busy pretending he's running for president. Very sad to see how delusional (not to mention disrespectful to our nominee and the voters) this old man is.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #105 on: June 16, 2016, 08:43:05 PM »
« Edited: June 16, 2016, 08:46:56 PM by Hammy »

Let's keep this in perspective, this was a message to his supporters to thank them and carefully explain that he will be endorsing Clinton eventually and that people who worked for and agree with his platform are desperately needed in local and state politics.  Are you folks really disagreeing with that?
If you read the posts that I and several others (but not all) have made on the matter, you would know the answer.  He could do all those things while still endorsing her now.  Keeping this going does nothing but hurt all of the causes that he championed in this race.  He's shooting himself in the foot if he keeps going without dropping out.

Then those supporters would have been idiots who deserve no mention.  Anyone who would rather have Trump instead of Hillary on the Left are both cowards and entitled children who won't be hurt by a Trump Presidency, unlike the Hispanic, Native American, Black, Poor, Women, Gays, Muslims, and most any other minority group.

Not disagreeing at all on that, but isn't it better to be patient and bring them into the fold to guarantee Trump doesn't win, then for Sanders (who knows how they are) to act too early and guarantee they vote Trump out of spite?

Remember the saying about idiots in large numbers.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #106 on: June 16, 2016, 08:46:56 PM »

Some Clinton folks are overreacting, but honestly, I understand where they're coming from. If Sanders had clearly won, but Clinton was still refusing to endorse him at this point, no doubt many Sanders supporters would be getting impatient with her. If Bernie really does take it to the convention, I'm going to be really disappointed.
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #107 on: June 16, 2016, 08:52:06 PM »

NO, BECAUSE THE EVIL MISOGYNIST SHOULD BOW DOWN TO HILLARY CLINTON AS SHE BEAT THE RACIST FAIR AND SQUARE.  THIS IS AN UNPRECEDENTED ACT OF MISOGYNY AND SANDERS IS SINGLE-HANDEDLY GOING TO DELIVER THE ELECTION TO TRUMP BY DOING THIS.  DOES HE EVEN CARE?  IT'S LIKE HE WANTS TRUMP TO BE ELECTED, AT LEAST THAT'S WHAT I'M SERIOUSLY STARTING TO BELIEVE.

This. Aren't we all supposed to be serious watchers of politics on this site?
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #108 on: June 16, 2016, 08:52:29 PM »

Looking forward to 2019 when the good people of Vermont have a junior senator who isn't a do-nothing layabout who never goes to work because he's too busy pretending he's running for president. Very sad to see how delusional (not to mention disrespectful to our nominee and the voters) this old man is.

Lol at the idea of Vermont voting out their Senator that got 85.95% in their Presidential primary. Sad!
Fusionmunster

« Reply #109 on: June 16, 2016, 08:54:50 PM »

Hes saying the right things on twitter.

https://twitter.com/BernieSanders/status/743604646057500673
@BernieSanders
I look forward to working with @HillaryClinton in the coming weeks.

https://twitter.com/BernieSanders/status/743604293949861888
@BernieSanders
This campaign is about defeating @realDonaldTrump, the Republican candidate for president. #OurRevolution
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #110 on: June 16, 2016, 08:58:55 PM »
« Edited: June 16, 2016, 09:01:58 PM by Fmr President & Senator Polnut »

@BernieSanders

@BernieSanders
This campaign is about defeating @realDonaldTrump, the Republican candidate for president. #OurRevolution

Yeah, it's clear that he's moving to the exit. Are his mainstream supporters really that delicate that they cannot cope?

I also wonder whether this is a debt retirement process... they couldn't possibly NOT be in debt after NJ and CA.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #111 on: June 16, 2016, 09:00:52 PM »
« Edited: June 16, 2016, 09:22:11 PM by RaphaelDLG »

@BernieSanders

@BernieSanders

Exactly.  And I'd say this is mostly a leverage/media coverage thing, him not formally dropping out yet.  Who cares if he hasn't said the words "I'm done" if all he is saying now is this type of stuff?  He hasn't said anything remotely negative about Clinton for weeks, because he realizes what's up.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #112 on: June 16, 2016, 09:07:39 PM »

I think people are more annoyed he has yet to formally concede or acknowledge that she is the nominee. Obviously an immediate enthusiastic endorsement would not be particularly smart or expected, but the time has long passed for him to admit it's over and that Hillary has won.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #113 on: June 16, 2016, 09:10:17 PM »

What, you think he'll retire?

Btw Jerry, nice new sig. Wink
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #114 on: June 16, 2016, 09:30:17 PM »

I think people are more annoyed he has yet to formally concede or acknowledge that she is the nominee. Obviously an immediate enthusiastic endorsement would not be particularly smart or expected, but the time has long passed for him to admit it's over and that Hillary has won.

Has he ever actually conceded a state? Or said that he "called Secretary Clinton and congratulated her on her win?"
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #115 on: June 16, 2016, 09:35:03 PM »

Has he ever actually conceded a state? Or said that he "called Secretary Clinton and congratulated her on her win?"

I don't know how general you're talking, but this was the first result on google:
http://www.politicususa.com/2016/02/27/bernie-sanders-congratulates-clinton-vows-fight-south-carolina-defeat.html

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #116 on: June 16, 2016, 10:06:47 PM »

@BernieSanders

@BernieSanders

Yeah, it's clear that he's moving to the exit. Are his mainstream supporters really that delicate that they cannot cope?

I also wonder whether this is a debt retirement process... they couldn't possibly NOT be in debt after NJ and CA.

I don't know...there was a report that said Sanders personally kept the campaign in check by nixing (for better or worse) any major media buys or campaign expenditures during the primary if there was less than $10,000,000 in the coffers. That might have been different at the very beginning or the tail end, but any debt would have almost certainly been something accumulated in the final week or so. He had $6,000,000 cash on hand in late May and the last I heard, they were spending anywhere from one to two million per week in California (which was too little to even have an effect statewide). If he has debt, then I doubt it is more than a couple million dollars.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #117 on: June 16, 2016, 10:08:43 PM »

To be completely honest, a Romney supporter shouldn't be attacking Sanders as a 'traitor to the Democratic party'.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #118 on: June 16, 2016, 10:13:40 PM »

I keep thinking about the polls I've read that state about 75% of the Bernie base are already going to vote for Hillary in Nov.

So, in light of that, is it really necessary for Bernie to think he has to "let down" the kids slowly and easily? I don't think it's that.

He probably needs time to adjust to coming down from all the fanfare and hullabaloo of the campaign trail himself. He's a maverick, does things his own way, and is not easily swayed by anybody. When he gets his mind set on something he goes at it full force, obviously.

Glad I didn't watch the video. I'm already done with Bernie yesterday.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #119 on: June 17, 2016, 12:18:45 AM »

To be completely honest, a Romney supporter shouldn't be attacking Sanders as a 'traitor to the Democratic party'.

I'm only concerned with those who betray the side of sanity, thanks.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #120 on: June 17, 2016, 12:37:59 AM »

America has a sane political party?!!!!
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #121 on: June 17, 2016, 12:38:27 AM »

Not that you'd know. You wouldn't know sanity if it hit you in the face.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #122 on: June 17, 2016, 12:40:38 AM »

Not that you'd know. You wouldn't know sanity if it hit you in the face.

Nor would he feel at home.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #123 on: June 17, 2016, 12:46:30 AM »

Did he drop out yet? 
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #124 on: June 17, 2016, 01:07:18 AM »
« Edited: June 17, 2016, 01:12:05 AM by Chickenhawk »

He

That destroys his leverage. He's very clearly discussed that fact with Clinton. I don't particularly see why it's important he say it to you Tongue

Or rather: I get some sense that the Hillary fans on this board seem to think it's the 'classy' thing to do if he were a 'good person'.

Except view it from our perspective: we believe that fundamental change is necessary in this country, and Clinton/the DNC will only make some of that change if pushed. So the moral action from OUR perspective is to push as hard as you can.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies